Friends? Why?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Friends? Why?

Postby Mawee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Hello everyone, just have to get this out of my head, and heart :( . Spent a lot of my summer, even fly over for a week to be with a friend who was going thru some severe meno. stress. I realised she didn't have anyone close to relate to and I am a good listener. Sent her an email the other night telling her I had just found out about FM and was a bit scared and lost and would she fone me (she gets free phone calls) That was 3 nights ago and still not heard a word, I know she is about cos she has posted lots of pictures in a cooking forum we both use. I know this should not surprise me at my age, seen it all before but I am still hurt. I want to write to her to tell her to just forget it but maybe I should just leave well alone.

I will know better next time when the shoe is on the other foot :nono: :needhug:
Mawee
UKFM Newbie

Re: Friends? Why?

Postby denys » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Oh Mawee, some friends are takers and you can never understand why you liked them in the first place, is her phone working :?: Just remember how you feel now when she comes calling on you again :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hamstergirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi Mawee

I know how you feel, thinking you got a good friend, well we are while we are helping them but when we need it, its not there. A lot of my friends think i make up all these symptoms because i look ok.

I've given up now, dont really have any friends (apart from you wonderful people on here). I have told myself though no one can really understand any illness unless you suffer yourself.

Maybe your friend doesnt check her e-mails daily.

Hope she gets in contact soon

Sending you some :flowers:

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:28 pm

know just how you feel :hugs:
have always been the one there for others
and so have a lot of other fibro suffers,
think that is why we are so worn out!
and nobody wants to know our troubles!!
i wouldn't say anything as it will just upset you more than them
as denys says remember how you are feeling now, and its down
to that one person.
so now, you have to pick ya chin up and do something nice
for yourself, an sod the others! :tongueout: :tongueout:
we are here for you 24/7 :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby hamstergirl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi again

I agree with Loubie's thoughts.

I decided a long time ago that my so called friends didnt deserve any of my time, so i taught myself it was there loss. I was always happy to help them even on my bad days.

You just remember you were a good friend to her and if she doesnt want to return it then its her loss.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi :wave: I agree with the others on here, as my mum was telling me last night, we spend forever giving our precious time and even more precious energy to everyone else (alot of us on here have been or are carers) even on our bad days, and now it's time to think of number one! She was telling me this as I was being asked to do things and was agreeing to as felt sorry for them ('normal' people) and yet when I wanted it no-one helped me. :( And for the same reason as you and many others on here I think it's because we look 'normal' and don't look like there's anything wrong with us. So it's great to be on here and talk to people who do understand us! :D So, as mum said, think of yourself, and like the others said, remember how you feel now and she's not there for you, and you used all that precious energy on her. Anyway, great to see you on here and hope you enjoy it! Look forward to chatting more. All the best Cherry :flowers:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:31 pm

So sorry Mawee that your friend treated you like that, but your new and true friends on here will never do that to you. :hugs: [chocolate] :blowkiss: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Sorry to hear your friend is not being so friendly back, its not a nice feeling is it especially as you have even got on a plane to visit her. :hugs:
Hope she support your fibro. :hugs: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ellen Tracey » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:18 pm

:hugs: :hugs: , so sorry if this is the case but thats so called friends for you :roll:

Just check that she has got the message, maybe someone else picked the message up and has forgotten to tell your friend???

I hope things come right for you, and if you have been ignored just see it as their loss, thats what i do :tongueout:

:flowers:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby Mawee » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Thank you all so much, you have made me feel much better and not alone anymore. Bless you all xxx
Mawee
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics