[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Anyone love cats and have lots of money to spare?

Anyone love cats and have lots of money to spare?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone love cats and have lots of money to spare?

Postby tireesix » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:58 am

Ok, so I could be joking, but I m not, well, sorta.

We have this cat who adopted us, he is really sick, in dire need of an operation otherwise he is going to be put down, we can't afford it, the local charities have said that due to his condition and the amount of money it would take to put him right (thats if he survives), they would have no choice but to put him down, so we are kinda of stuck in the situation where we are skint, can't get the money and this cat is depending on us cos otherwise he is going to die.

Anyone know of anyone who might be able to help? We have tried Tail Waggers, the PDSA said we have to be registered at their vets for 3 months before treatment and even then, it wouldn't cover what he needs, RSPCA said they would have to take custody of him but then they would put him down anyway, CPL just leads us in circles........... Oh, and the vets we have seen are obsessed with being pain up front.

I don't want him to die just because we are skint. he is called Wretch-Ed, he has severe mouth ulceration caused by calicivirus, its apparently one of the most painful conditions a cat can have, removal of all teeth can be 80-90% effective but we can't afford it. If we don't find the money in the next few weeks we will have no choice but to have him put down.

We have already spent about £400 in the past 4 months on mange treatment, tests, antibiotics, pain relief and we can't keep it up.

I was going to keep distant, you know, don't get too close etc etc etc, but he is adorable and lovely and trusting and he hated people to begin with and now he just follows me everywhere and I don't want to let him down.

So, any ideas???????????
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone love cats and have lots of money to spare?

Postby denys » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Tireesix, I love cats and have 2 both rescue. My eldest one Phoebe is 14 now and she had calici when she was tiny (4 weeks old) and we had to feed her by syringe. I wish I could send you the money you need for Wretch-Ed but I have none either.

I have no idea of were you could go other tan the places you have already tried, only thing I thought of was an appeal in your local paper :dunno: :dunno: you might find someone willing to sponsor him. :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 am

Sorry cant help, do your vets know of any Charity's that you could try. ?
Hope you find the money for him. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Wretch was put to sleep a couple of hours ago. It sucks. Thank you for replying though!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 pm

so sorry to hear that Tireesix sending you :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Despite everything he went through, he was so good, he was only with us 5 months tops but I feel like my heart has been ripped out. He was so sick, he had been so badly treated, he wouldn't even let us near him to begin with and I was actually happy when he scratched me the first time cos it meant he had actually allowed me close enough to him to be scratched. Once he trusted me he was the most loving cat in spite of everything and he deserved so much more.

I am just glad he had a good home at the end.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Run free at Rainbow Bridge Wretch-Ed, enjoy purring in the sunshine :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Giles » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:43 am

Hi

I feel very sorry for the cat which has been going through severe trauma.There are many Animal welfare units especially like International units like International Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Symposium. I suggest you to contact them and follow their advice.
Giles
UKFM Newbie

Postby tireesix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:33 pm

He died, there was nothing anyone could do, he suffered a terrible illness from which it is rare for a cat to recover from. It doesn't sit well with me, had I seen a different vet earlier I might have been able to raise the money for an operation but even that isn't a guarantee. We just didn't have enough time, he was in such a bad way when he arrived..........
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 pm

You took him in and loved him tireesix, possibly for the first time in his little life, you did your best as you said there was nothing anyone could do :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics