[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Catch up

Catch up

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Catch up

Postby efrem » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:48 pm

hello,hope you are all as well as can be.been a busy week as carol had to work in dorset for the week,going down last sunday.having to do all the animal feeds myself morning and night.just seemed to roll all in to one morning into afternoon(takes so long as i am so slow).luckily my mum came over for the last 2days to help,bless her.we managed to bring the sheep back closer to house yesterday from 10 miles away.luckily it has turned out be just in time as surprise,surprise it has been snowing roads not been to clever.the quad did not like the cold this morning did not want to run properly(abit like myself),eventually coaxing it around thank god as would not be able to walk around.the chickens came out of coup for morning feed then started snowing and went back in.unfortunatly had to go to friends dad funeral this afternoon very stange to be at graveside and its snowing heavy.went in the landrover(our faithful 30yr series 3) so roads were not to much of a problem.i do like the snow and cold especially as christmas approaches but my friendly fm does not.hoping to attend the welsh winter fair in builth wells next monday but as normal we will have to see how things are on morning of day.if poss i would like to know from other members if they have any snow and what part of the countryside that they live.take care everybody and keep warm.efrem :D
efrem
UKFM Member

Catch up

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:07 pm

We haven't had any snow, just frost so far in North Nottinghamshire :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: For some reason, we don't seem to be affected as badly as other parts of the country when the weather is bad, lots of local ideas from us being in a slight valley to us being surrounded by water. Not sure why, but I am glad about it. Sounds like you've had a real week of it, hope all the animals are coping with the cold temperatures and snow. I keep telling OH we need a Landy, he keeps having a look at LPG conversions, then changes his mind :dunno: :dunno: Might change his mind if we get some more white stuff tho :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Catch up

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi Efrem

Sound like you have had a busy week, can just picture you on the quad rounding up the sheep, sounds fun but not in the winter, glad you had your mum to help you.
Winter is not a good time for us fibromites it gets to our bones and gives us extra pain.

I live in surrey and so far have not had any snow, we are quite lucky here as we miss alot of the bad weather. :woot:

Have a good relaxing weekend. :hugs: :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Catch up

Postby denys » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi Efram we had a bit of a flurry today on the Wirral but it didnt stick hope you make the fair. I have split this part of your post from the original and put it into General topics so that you get more hits :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:27 am

We had some snow in Glasgow today, its still lieing on the ground, dont mind it snowing but hate when it goes to ice.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Laurajojo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:39 pm

We had some snow in Lancashire. Only a couple of inches. Had some lovely swirling flakes today.
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:08 pm

hello everybody,hope all are as well as can be.would just like to wish everybody an early :santchimney1: went with carol lastnight to her works christmas dinner at a lovely country hotel just outside abergavenny.luckily everybody could stay the night in allocated rooms.was able to slouch off to room when got tired.the food was lovely(chef could come to our kitchen).got back home at about 2pm today and guess what ,knackered again.spent afternoon in chair watching film.take care,efrem :snowhappy:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:15 pm

Merry Christmas to you to Efrem, glad you had such a lovely night :xmaswave1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:35 pm

hi denys,i see on your message board you live in wirral.my dad lives at rockferry,birkenhead.hoping to see him and stepmum when they come down in 2wks time.efrem :snowhappy:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Glad you had a good christmas :xmasdance1: :wine: efrem.
Merry Christmas to you and Carol. :hohoho1: :xmastree1: :xmasdance1: :wine:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi Efrem, my youngest daughter lives in Rockferry it's about 2 to 3 miles from me say hi to your dad and stepmum from me :xmaswave1: (small world isnt it!!) :xmaswave1:

Shaz love your new avatar :snowman1: :xmasdance1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Glad you had a good time Efrem,and :santchimney1: have a :wine: and some [chocolate] on me :xmastree1:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby efrem » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:32 pm

hi,at last the weather has warmed up a bit(even if it is for a short while).well what a time is was,taking me hours to feed animals.water tubs were solid blocks of ice.havving to get water from near by river.towards end of week even the river was freezing up.the quad has died,unable to find ouy why it will not start.now having to use landy and quad trailer to feed,luckily it was the only thing that started every day but very clumbersome and no power steering.yes you guessed it i am aching all over,getting to hate the next day.but when i look back at end of each day i feel pleased to see the sheep happy.sorry to be moaning but at moment i could scream mainly because the quad(my legs)is not working and been told today that heating oil has rocketed up in price(that is convenient now it was freezing).on a good note i am looking forward to christmas.take care,efrem :snowhappy:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby Nic-nac » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Hope your able to get some rest efrem you deserve it :hugs: :wine:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:41 pm

ehello everybody,hope all are well.they said we were going to get snow on friday and boy did we get snow.luckily we managed to get some neighbours to come on thursday with a telehandler and tractor and trailer tofinish clean out our last sheep building.also managed to fetch some hay back home(lack of space allows us to store large quantity).yep woke up friday morning to see 8inches of snow and still snowing.carol luckily had day off so we brought her cotswolds and coloured ryelands into freshly cleaned building.poor things looked quite glad to be in.the main a40 which runs east to west of south wales was spookily quite-taking pictures in middle of road of snow.now saturday we have just over a foot of snow by the house and abit more out in fields.friday night was along night as pain levels and body finding it cold even though sweating kept me up all night.saturday morning i just had no go ,luckily our new neighbours helped carol to feed animals.with just a week till xmas slowly trying to put up some xmas decorations and trying best to keep the woodburner going.the quad is still dead and still having to use the old landrover(no power steering)to feed sheep out in field even this is struggling in places.take care and :santchimney1: efrem :snowhappy:
efrem
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics