Catch up

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Catch up

Postby efrem » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 pm

:santchimney1: hello everyone.what lovely weather every body is getting.this time last yr we had a foot of snow.we even have shrubs/bushes still showing new buds(supposed to be winter).we now have most of the sheep in for winter.we brought back some haylage bales the other day on a friends trailer and used the fergie to unload.alot better than trying to move them by hand like caz and i tried last winter.caz went to see some of her friends for the weekend,surprise-mum came over to help feed the animals for the weekend.my christmas pressie arrived on thursday by courier.caz had to wait till i got back from docs as we had to sign for it.it was a leopard tortoise-3yrs old.it is very shy at moment.we still miss our old tortoise but never found him,no matter where we looked(will keep a closer eye on this one).we know have our woodburner lit thankfully.i didn`t know how much longer i could have gone with no heating on.caz bought some heating oil as well.it did pay to look around as our origional supplier was 10pence per litre more than what we got it for now.still trying to put up our outdoor reindeers for xmas,hopefully have it done by the time father christmas flies over.take care,ef :-D
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi efrem :xmaswave1:
Sounds like you are all set and ready for the winter, glad you got the burner going, we are having some cold weather now but so glad we have had it better than last yr.

Hope you and caz have a great xmas, :rudolph: love your gift a new tortoise, sorry to hear you never found your lost one. :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :xmastree1: :xmaswave1: :xmasdance1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:37 pm

:penguin: hello,hope you are keeping well.my new tortoise is slowly settling in.had a slight problem with the temperature in the vivarium.had to get an extra heat mat just to keep her toasty.we only had a sprinkling of snow on friday.went to caz`s work dinner on friday night at a very posh hotel-langoed hall.the food was lovely-parsnip and apple soup,turkey and veg for main and then christmas pud.then a game of snooker in the billard room.came out to go home,boy was it cold ice everywhere.the roads were lethal.well there is no surprise there is not much go in me today.our local village has asked if we could bring the donkies from the paddock and into churchyard for the christmas nativity.this could be fun.hopefully got 2 friends coming to help with the donkies tomorrow.the children are apparently looking forward to it.if the rain keep away it should be fun.take care,ef :-D
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:41 pm

:wave: :wave: efrem, I missed your previous update about your new arrival, nice to hear she's settling in with you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Your evening out sounds like it was a good one, pity you had to feel rough after tho, it should have been because you had overdone the festivities and things, not because FM was making it so :wine: :wine:

Tomorrow sounds fun with the donkies :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: they will be feeling helpful and getting them to the church yard will be relatively straight forward :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: If they decide to be stubborn tho, it could be one of those moments where you wish you weren't there :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

Sounds like you got a pretty decent deal on the heating oil price, 10p per litre is a considerable saving when you're buying it large amounts. Don't know much about the price structure for heating oil, but in some places, individuals have got together with others who also use heating oil, and have formed a co-operative. When they have placed orders for their oil, the supplier treats it as one huge order, which has meant they have got their oil at a much more competitive price compared to what they would have paid individually.

:santchimney1: :santchimney1: :santchimney1: :santchimney1: :santchimney1: to you and caz, and of course the new tortoise :xmastree1: :xmastree1: :xmastree1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi Efrem glad you had a nice night out and that you have a new tortoise and she is settling in. hope those reindeer are up :-D :-D :-D I bet the kids loved the donkeys :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:25 am

Hi efrem. Glad to hear about your new addition and that it's settling in well. Sounds like you had an enjoyable evening with Caz, a night out is always good for lifting the spirit. I'm on day 20 of playing 'elf' along with other members of the carnival club going around our local large town with our Father Christmas float collecting money for charity :xmaswave1: . Tomorrow's our last day and although I have enjoyed it I will be very glad not to get soaked and cold and tired anymore along with a lack of proper dinners (if anything at all!) but it's all in a good cause so can't grumble. I'm shopping with DS's girlfriend tomorrow afternoon then making sausage rolls and mince pies and Christmas Chutney on Friday . I did the Christmas cake a while back now. We're going to DS's for Christmas in their new home this year so looking forward to it :xmasdance1: . I have to say tho, I do miss not looking after the sheep and getting ready for lambing now, it all feels a bit strange but I expect I'll get over it :( . Anyway, glad things are going ok at the mo, hope you enjoy Christmas. Take care and lots of Christmas :hugs: Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 pm

hi cherry,hope you and family are keeping well.sounds like christmas dinner at yours is lovely-mince pies,sausage rolls and christmas chutney,not forgetting the cake.we had to buy a cake already made.did buy a cake mix already made in a bag from tesco with good intentions of actually cooking it,surprise its still in its bag-may be next week.it could become a new year cake.i know what you mean about getting wet,we to have had enough of thiis rain.everywhere is just mud.the fields are like a sponge,the poor sheep have wet feet all the time. good to see you helping raise money for your local charity,i hope you raised lots.it must have been fun been on santa` float.hope you don`t have to drive to far to your sons for dinner.i know it must be hard not having to see to livestock but just think that when its pouring down you can stay in and keep dry.hope you have a lovely christmas.take care, ef :-D :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:33 pm

hello,hope all are ok.happy new year to everybody.we will be in as normal,watching tele and then bed-probably before midnight.boy what an exciting life i do lead.my brother in new zealand is already in 2012.we managed to talk to him and family over christmas.i do wish the rain would ease up for a while.every where is turning to mud.poor caz went down with a cold and throat infection which has now turned to a chest infection.she says it will probably go by the time she is due back to work.we had our few sheep scanned this week.6 out of 7 ryelands are due twins and the other a single.3 cotswold due singles and 1 due twins.6dartmoors due singles and 1 due a twin.they said they are due end of febuaury.looking forward to seeing the little lambs but not the sleepless nights.not looking forward to taking down the xmas decs as the house will lookquite plain.i wonder if i could keep them up for a bit longer.have a good night.take care,ef :-D :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 pm

:happy-new-year-group-1: to both of you :wine: :wine:

Lovely news about all the little lambs due, you may be lucky and they all decide to give birth during sensible daytime hours :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :clap: :clap: Well we can dream and live in hope that it will happen that way :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hope caz's chest infection starts to clear up soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Glad you managed to speak to your relatives in New Zealand, I hope they don't live near to where the earthquakes have been occurring as there has been so much activity in the areas over the past year :-? :-? :-?

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby efrem » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 pm

hello,hope all are well.well the new year is off to a poor start.we sadly found our best poll dorset ram dead in his shed.he was so friendly and such a gentleman for his size.almost lik a small horse.we will now have to try and find a replacment for april.the days just seem to blur into each other.we have a new addiction to our collection of animals.our donkey(matilda)was deffinitley expecting.she foaled in the early hours of this morning.she has had a little boy.his fur is chocolate colur and curly.he looks so cute.he likes his tickles considering he is only a few hrs old.no surprise his name is tickles.at last caz`s xmas pressie has arrived-her i phone(well i helped to pay towards her upgrade).that will keep her busy for a while.well i`am going now as my brain has just gone blank/foggy.take care,ef :-D :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Sorry to hear about the ram efrem, he sounds like he was quite a special little character :blowkiss: :blowkiss: As one leaves tho, a new one arrives, in your case Tickles the little donkey :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Hope you can find the right ram in time for April :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Sounds like a nice, slightly belated Christmas pressie for Caz to play with. My OH keeps looking at the i-phone, and things haven't been help with our son having an i-pod for Christmas, as it's giving him ideas about what can be done with the Apple stuff :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hope the strong winds howling around aren't upsetting the animals too much and they're all safe and warm :wave: :wave: :wave:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:56 am

Hi efrem, a Happy New Year to you and Caz as well. So sorry it hasn't got off to a good start. Bad news about your ram, I know that feeling, our gorgeous ram was huge and so loving , when they're big like that they are such handsome beasts :mrgreen: ! Ours was ok until you came to do his feet :nono: ! He was a Poll Dorset too, I like them as they are usually good for lambing, just not always great first time mothers! We have some neighbours in the village that also have a prize Poll Dorset flock. I and my son are 'on call' in case she needs help as hubby often works away. I also found out that my DD's customer has Ryelands and Teeswater sheep, all prize winning woolies! As for the rain, will it ever stop??? :roll: Has it given you problems with the feet yet? Horrid stuff! The wind hasn't stopped either, howling about the place - we almost drove into a tree tonight, it wasn't there when we'd gone by earlier but was certainly down when we went back :yikes: ! Thank goodness for ABS!!! And colds - well, we had my mother over on boxing day and she was bad after a few days, now we have it! Well, DD, and DS as well as myself! It's horrid and painful and is making me feel so rough at the moment. DS is still working with it, he has to as they are just starting lambing on their farm and DD has just been asked if she can do some nights for her customer with sheep. So sending lots of :hugs: as we really know how you all feel at the moment - :swear1: :sick: On the plus side - great news about the little donkey :clap: , so lovely they are, and great news about Caz's phone, I bet she's happy! :xmasdance1: My christmas decs are staying up til Friday now that I can. Next christmas I'm going to put them up earlier as they never seem to be up long enough and I'm never usually the person to have them up on the 1st! Anyway, do take care of yourselves in this awful weather and get enough sleep! Loads more :grouphug: to share. Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:53 pm

hello e verybody,hope you all keeping warm.boy it is getting cold now,supposed to be minus9 tonight.thankfully we have gott the central heating on low constantly at moment.only able to do this as we had managed so far not to use the oil as we had some firewood for the woodburner but now that has all gone.we have started lambing,had a single ewe lamb(dartmoor) early saturday morning-3am.she had to have some help.going to be a long lambing,they look like there are spread out.our neighbours will lamb a few hundred in the time it takes our few to lamb.the diesel quad is plodding on thankfully,though i can not use it at night to check dartmoors as to noisey for nextdoor neighbours so have to pinch caz`s car(they are about 1/4mile fom house.we had to bite the bullet and get some new tyres for the quad.we had some snow on sunday and it is still hear.the roads are ok.our little donkey foal(tickles)is growing well.he is a cheeky little chappy,demanding his tickles.we let him outside yesterday with his mum for the first time-just wish i had a video camera.still not yet had a reply from atos forms which we had to fill in before xmas.just trying to brace myself for the word-no as we are expecting it to be as a lot of others have been told no as well.things will have to change when it does come.trying not to think about but also thinking what we will do when the reply does come.take care all,ef :-) :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi Efrem hope the rest of the lambing goes well and they decide to hold off during the night for you (freezing) :fingerscrossed: for the ATOS reply you never know it might have been a human looking at your stuff.

Tickles sounds brill :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:20 pm

hello,hope all are ok.we had a set of cotswold twins on saturday(boy and a girl).today we had a set of ryeland twins(boy and a girl)the girl is so tiny but doing ok.then we had a set of dartmoor twins,again a boy and girl.this time though the girl was a bit difficult to deliver,her head was down between her front legs by her tummy.thankfully we managed to get her.the last time this happened was with the dorsets last september and unfortunately we lost the lamb.still 6 ryelands,3 cotswolds and 7dartmoors left to go.my pains levels lately have gone throguh the roof-hands arms and legs.had to lie in bed for while with electric blanket on to help ease plus my tablets.hate to say it but without the medication help i don`t really know how i would have managed for so long.i am starting to get fed up of this fm now,it always seems to hold you back(well from what you used to do) .had it now for 7 yrs and it seems to be slowly getting worse as each yr goes by.thats enough now,tea is coming and then check the sheep and bed.take care ef. :-) :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics