[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Catch up

Catch up

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Catch up

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: efrem, it's always nice to hear how you and Caz and the animals are going on :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I get a similar sort of sensation you've mentioned in my arms and legs. For me, it comes on just before my CFS is going to floor me and is the closest thing I have to a warning that something is going to happen. Unfortunately it can happen just a matter of minutes before I am floored, so really not much help :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I'm with Shaz, it's always best to have something new checked out, even if it's just for your own peace of mind.

Glad lambing is over for you, the weather we've had up until recently has made it an absolute nightmare this year :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

Your little puppy sounds like a real bundle of fun, love her name, hope she brings you both lots of :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby efrem » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm

hello everybody,at last we see the sunshine.been a very longtime in coming.went back to see the doc about the pins and needles in my thigh muscle on the left leg.the doc changed some of my medication.i had to reduce my butran patch over a couple of weeks till I no longer use the patch.instead they have put me on zomorph 10mg x2 aday.told to increase my amitriptyline at night to help with the pins and needles.i think it helped abit but I was like a zombie-so tired that I reduced it back to normal but at a cost.the pins and needles now hurts so much that I try thumping my thigh muscle to help reduce the sensation.next was to reduce my tramdols.well today I tried by not taking the morning tablet-just taking my zomorph and gabapentin.sorry to say I failed miserably.the pain was raging through my whole body that I took the tramadol.ahhh eventually back to some near normality.guess I will have to try again.the doc did say that as I reduce the tramadol the zomorph will increase.right back to the sheep.we did our first show in may.as usual the work hard(well for me it was).before my fibro started this was all a doddle but not now.you got to keep fighting it.the show was sensational.our dartmoors did very well.our ram had first,the 2 senior ewes had 4th and 5th.the 1yr old ewe had 1st.we then had first with the group of three(male,senior ewe,young ewe) out of 5 groups.to top it off our ram then had champion in the long wool breeds(wow).whilst at the show our little jack Russell went for a walk on her own(unusual).anyway somebody picked her up(500 yrds from house)and took her home.thank fully they informed the police so when mum contacted the police to report dog missing they said she been found,problem was it was about 1&1/2 hr drive.the person who found the dog was very kind.keeping a closer eye on the terrier now.i was completely zonked for the following week.caz on holiday with her friend in tunisa at moment.mum is here helping out as usual(do appreciate it).oh,matilda has had a little baby girl donkey.uh that should not have happened.at last we have found aa lovely new home for the 2 little donkeys caz resuced 2yr ago.seems strange not to hear them.looking forward to seeing caz next week.take care all,ef :sheep: oh no just remembered I`aam another yr older today-43 oh dear.
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:14 pm

:birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: :birthday1: efrem :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: Hope you'll be able to catch up on the celebrations when Caz comes home 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

It's an ongoing process of trial and error when it comes to meds unfortunately. We find a cocktail of things that makes a difference to us for a while, but then more things get thrown into the mix and we're back to the start again :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Keep persevering with things and hopefully you'll find some more ingredients that start making a difference for you again :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: WRT to your amitriptyline being increased to help with the pins and needles and how the new dosage was making you feel, there is an alternative to amitriptyline that is said to have fewer side effects but still works in the same way that might be worth looking into. It's called nortriptyline and can be better tolerated than amitriptyline. Maybe talk to your GP about it's suitability for you and if it could help you with the pins and needles.

Sounds like it was a really good show for you with the :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: And you were incredibly lucky to get your little jrt back so quickly after she took herself for her unaccompanied :dogrun1: Good job it was such lovely people who found her or it could have been even more :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: than it was.

Not too long and Caz will back home again and no doubt as please to see you as you will be to see her :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:46 am

Happy birthday Efrem and well done at the show that sounds amazing, glad you little dog was found safe and well and hope you and Caz have a fantastic catch up when she gets back
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:58 pm

hello,hope all are well.at last our landrover passed the mot test.it took abit more welding,some new brakes.thankfully a friend of ours did the welding and helped fit the new brakes and a few other small jobs.it took a couple of weeks to get it sorted.in fairness the poor old truck has had not a lot spent on it in the time we have had it.looked at the log book and realised we have owned it for 16yrs.i guess it has now become part of the family(sounds silly I know).well I now have managed to reduce the tramadol but have had to increase the zomorph .now I have got tennis elbow on my right arm.had it on the left arm some time ago.have ordered a new tennis elbow brace in hope that it will help it go away a bit quicker.we did go to Cardiff,my brother bought me a high speed passenger ride in a racing car.he bought it me for xmas but june was the earliest I could get.the ride went by very quick like 100mph quick.my poor old feet were pushing hard on the imaginary brake pedal when the driver`s foot had the accelerator pedal flat on the floor.well I went through the oh my god feelings and also excitement at the same trime.there was some very very nice cars there.the down side was that it took us 1hr and 45mins to get there and the car ride was over in just over 1minute.on a good note me and caz have been asked to be god parents to our friends 3 children.what a surprise(a lovely surprise).our new edition (the baby donkey) is growing day by day.caz has named hre fudge because of her colouring.we also found a good home for the 2 little donkeys caz rescued 2 yrs ago.they have gone to aberdovey. they have lovely view of the sea on one side and cader idris on the other.take care,ef :-) :sheep:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:53 am

Sounds like you had a lovely day Efrem pity the ride didnt last longer bet you wanted to go round again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad the two little donkeys have gone to a good home, it must have been hard seeing them go after looking after them all this time but a lovely feeling knowing they will be well cared for now :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

16 years, thats a long time for cars now but you have another years motoring now its got its MOT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:01 pm

I love landys :f1-car: :f1-car: They are still the ultimate all~wheel drive Tonka toy :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Once you get one it becomes a friend for life and part of the family so I don;t think it sounds silly at all.

Glad the 2 donkeys have now got their furever home, sounds like it's a lovely place for them :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: I was a tad :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: reading about your ride in the :f1-car: That's the sort of thing I'd love to do :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby efrem » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:49 pm

hello,hope you managing the best you can.well since last post time seems to have just flown by.we took 2 coloured ryelands to the royal welsh show.mother came and stayed at our place aand we moved into mothers for the duration of the show.well caz did quite well her senior ewe had 3rd out of 12 and the ewe lamb had 2nd out of 9.the ewe lamb had only come out of the field on the Friday afternoon.go to the show on sunday and showed her on Tuesday.not very often do we do as good as that.porridge is settling in well.a cheeky little monkey.we took a few greyface dartmoors to Monmouth show the end of august,well to our complete surprise our own breed yearling(1yr old) ewe had got 1st place,then female champion and then on to take the breed champion.wow what a day.also in august we had a bar b que to celebrate 20yrs of being married.thankfully the rain just about held off.we have now brought our few dorsets indoors ready for lambing.the thought of getting up in the middle of the night does not look to appealing.hopefullly it will not go on for long.but I am looking forward to seeing the lambs.caz`s cat had sadly got killed on the road.seemed strange that after 2days there was still no sign of kamie(cat).caz found her on the road side.caz was absolutely heartbroken.have a lovely cold now,thats just what I wanted-not.probanbly have to cancel my flu jab for now.thankfully the doctor has allowed my zomorph to go back to 60mg aday.they did drop it to 40mg aday along with my gabapentin and ami`s.the 20mg difference was incredible.life was getting unbearable.well I`am off now.this has taken ages(trying to remember whats been happening).take care all :-)
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:05 am

Good to hear from you efrem :cow-wave: :cow-wave: Sorry to hear that Kamie cat had to make her way to Rainbow Bridge, hopefully she didn't suffer too much before she found her way there :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Sounds like it's been really good show season for you and Caz, your ewe lamb that had just come out of the field sounds like she could be a star of the future, like your ewe yearling :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: Hopefully the Dorset's lambing won't be too hard on you, getting up in the middle of the night is definitely not an appealing thought :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's rather :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: what even a minor change in dosage can do, hopefully you won't have to experience how wretched it made you feel again :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to General Topics