[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Catch up

Catch up

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Catch up

Postby denys » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:09 am

You two have a really hard life looking after the animals with FM so I admire both of you greatly, hope you are both getting some peace in between all your hard work. Take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:49 pm

hello friends,hope everybody coping well.we have almost finished lambing-4 left(due to lamb in may).this yr it went well,not to many complications.unfortunately we did lose 4 lambs.the dartmoors are now back outside bouncing around with their lambs.luckily the weather this year has been on our side,not to wet.we had to put a new clutch on the diesel quad and what a difference it made.it is alot quicker and some how quieter aswell.with the way the price of fuel is going we are glad it is diesel(red).caz is away wityh work all week so have to do morning feed(early)to keep the donkies quite.have been trying to help in house by doing the hoovering,cooking tae,washing the dishes.only to find myself in bed by 10 o`clock.caz found this to be a big help as she has a full time job.this did take alot of motivating,but i managed to do it.the sunshine did also help-some how it perks you up. the one sad thing that had happened was our elderly neighbour had passed away at home.i was asked to be a bearer to which i said yes and then wondered how i would manage but they said the coffin would be on a trolley.what a sad day it was,they been together for 52 yrs inseperable.well on that note i will go.take care,efrem :D :penguin: :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi Efrem, glad to hear from you. So sorry to hear about your neighbour, but so lovely of you to do that honour for them, what a lovely person you are. Glad lambing has gone fairly well, and yes, thankfully the weather has been on our side for once, altho I'm not going to get too complacent! So good of you to do what you have done while caz has been away, you've had a lot to sort out but you just get on with it, good for you, it's so hard sometimes trying to stay motivated to do the hours that we need to do, but you've managed, well done. Good news about the quaddie, such a blessing where you are and it helps so much. We're a third thru our lambing, we did three batches due to our grazing restrictions and the weather. We lost one lamb, I was gutted as it only died cos we weren't there to help it, but you can't have it all. Thankfully we managed to foster a bottlefed 3 day old lamb onto her straightaway and she took to it instantly without a thought! Wish they were all that easy! Otherwise our texels still gave us issues, one kept on prolapsing and finally lambed a huge lamb this morning! The rest have just popped out accordingly. Our son is away on a lambing contract and will be back this week so he will be taking over to do the rest of them. I can get some sleep then. Unfortunuately our smallholding is about 3 miles away from home so when we check in the night we have to drive there, a little wearing, but hey, we survived! Anyway, give them all a hug and tell them well done, and yourself, and take care. All the best. Cherry :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:28 pm

And you take care of yourself efrem, now things are starting to settle down a bit. You're an absolute gem doing the stuff in the house as well as all your other things. Make sure to take a little bit of time for yourself when you can, you don't want to crash and burn.

Lots of luck with the last of the lambs :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: the weather stays kind to you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Cherry, you take as much care of yourself as you can as well. Hopefully things will be a little easier for you when your son comes home and you'll be able to catch up on some of that missed sleep :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:28 am

think you are both brill, don't know how you do it all :yikes:
hope you both get some well deserved rest soon :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:14 pm

Nice to hear from you efrem, glad to hear most of the hard work is over now, it must be lovely watching all the lambs running around the fields, hope you are getting some rest now. :hugs: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Sorry to hear about your neighbour Efrem, as they others have said hope you are getting some well earned rest now that the lambing is over :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi All :wave: Well, I have finished my night time manouvres as ds has officially finished his contract! He's now home and taken over his flock so I just help feed now and make up bottles if I can as there's a few weeks of those ahead of us yet! We have about 20 left to lamb now - the last one of this group lambe dtoday and had lovely ram lamb twins, a proud mummy, so are we! :D I have taken photos of all our new arrivals for you all to see - I've just got to work out how you put them on here! :crazy: Anyway, chat soon, take care. Cherry :blowkiss: :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:38 am

Look forward to seeing the pics. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:00 am

me to :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:10 am

Hi Everyone. :wave: I have no idea how to upload pictures or put a link on here :crazy: but I have managed to upload them to my facebook page so if you fancy a look then look for cherylin norrell-goldsmith and have a look at my albums. There is only one person with my name so you will only find me! Hope you can see them! Take care all. Cherry. :blowkiss:

http://www.facebook.com/editalbum.php?a ... lgoldsmith

p.s. this might work - :fingerscrossed: try it!
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:15 pm

The pics are lovely :D the :pigoink 1: are so cute. :clap: :clap:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:42 pm

hi everybody,at last we have our little field back from being covered by hedging wood(only taken 5 mths).we can now put our rams back outside.we burned the last of hedging wood on saturday.what lovely weather we are having.we went to feed our dartmoors on saturday morning and suprise we found a ewe had lambed a single(girl).means we now have 1 dartmoor left and 2 herdwicks.the herdwicks had been running with a cotswold ram so looking forward to see what the lambs look like.sheep feed still creeping up in price which is conveint as you need to feed the ewes with lambs to ensure they have plenty of milk.thankfully the diesel quad is running good since its new clutch :fingerscrossed: today we had the farrier out to trim the feet on caz`s 2 little donkeys.the one stood quite well while the other was a little bit more awkward(well he saw is friend being done first).at last our chickens are laying very well,averaging about 20 eggs a day.caz has been selling them in work but now they are laying better than ever we are starting to have a small stock pile,hence made a small sign to put up by main road in hope to sell a few more.today was spent most of in the arm chair as legs were quite sore.still got sore points on inside of elbows so having to put elbow supports on before venturing ouside to feed.yesterday we took delivery of 76 small bale of hay-hope this will last 3 weeks before the need to look for more,like looking for gold dust at moment.go now and find some supper,take care efrem :D :penguin: :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:17 pm

Nice to hear things are going OK for you and Caz at the moment Efram, Cherry the photos are beautiful thanks for sharing :grouphug: :grouphug: to all :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi All. :D Glad you like the pics - now I've learnt how to do it (sort of!) then I may get round to putting more on in time!

Efrem - glad to see you on here. :D Good that your ewe had a ewe lamb, always best if you don't have too many of them I think. I know what you mean about small bales - it's all our ancient little farm can hold and they're getting harder to come by. We've certainly noticed the increase in the sheep feed prices - :yikes: the pig feed ones have nearly made it not worth us having them the bill is so high! Glad you got your rams out, I expect they're happy. We put all our ewes and lambs out several days ago but had to get them all in last night as the weather was so foul - poor things are NOT impressed :( ! Our white welsh hill sheep are still happy out there tho, they're our next lot due to lamb. DS is hoping to go out rolling tomorrow if the weather improves, and he's trying to get some fertilizer down soon as some of our grass fields really need a boost after several years of hoofing around on them! DD is trying to find more permanent grazing for her mini ponies as it leaves the sheep short of fields in the winter, but the sheep can move to their summer grazing on friday - hoorraaaaay! Anyway, off to make some more lamb bottles! Take care everyone, lots of gentle :hugs: :penguin: :penguin: :blowkiss: Cherry
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics