ME in the 70's

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ME in the 70's

Postby fabme » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:38 am

Hi

I've just been sorting through some books and came across "Diana's story" and it's starts in 1971 when she fell victim to ME. There's also a film based on the story called Wide eyed & legless staring Julie Walters and Jim Broadbent. I haven't read it for quite a long time and I bought it before I had cfs and fibro.

It felt a bit wiered reading the summary and thinking how I must have felt for the women and now I am a sufferer too. But on a better note, if anyone try telling you that what we have is one of them "new faddy illness that's flavoured of the month and not real" maybe point them in the direction of the book/film which shows it's been around for quite a while.

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Re: ME in the 70's

Postby shellcake » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:52 pm

You can watch the film on Youtube under the American title The Wedding Gift.
It should be compulsory for doctors to watch it inho.
I was shocked watching it at how familier it all was. ye gods and little fishes - I suppose I should be grateful nothing's changed and there was me thinking it was worse! LOL
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Re: ME in the 70's

Postby princess » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:22 pm

I believe that the dreaded ME has been with my family for two generations. I have 14 female relations who are all girls and all have sore bodies in different states of play - the worst being in a wheelchair.
This is all over the world in my family.
Time this was sorted out as we have Athritis, Rhumatics, and other names for the same thing.
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to General Topics