[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - where did my life go?

where did my life go?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

where did my life go?

Postby shirley » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:26 pm

:cry

Hi first time on for a few years. my name is shirley and i am a retired nurse living at my husbands work place a college for international students in worcestershire. I just need to find people in this area or herefordshire, kidderminster. I live in tenbury Wells. i feel like i am going out of my mind ,with depresssion and pain. I had to retire from my job as a H.C.A. on nights because of my fibro it's been two years now and I still can't accept not working. I miss it so much and feel so useless.
I could go on more but don't want to bore everyone but I just feel so alone and everyone around me is getting on living thier lives and mine is nothing now. I'm so restricted becuse of my pain I know longer swim because the pool is to cold. I feel I just have to keep apologising to eveyone especially my husband I have thought of staring a support group or similar if there are other people in this area like me but don't know where to start.

I have been diagnosed with fibro for 6 years now but 2 years since i finished work it could be longer. I have at last found a GP who is helping me, the first thing she ahs done is get me off Amitrpytiline. But I have been feeling awful since she has put me on Doxipine 25mg x3 its only been 2 weeks so maybe I may start feeling better soon. I'm back to not getting sleep and in pain most of the night. My GP is referring me to a new fibro clinic that has been recently opened at Shrewsbury does anyone go to one of these have they been of any help. :cry:
shirley
UKFM Newbie

Postby somebody_else » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:50 am

Oh oh me me! I'm in Malvern! That's not that far away! (Although, actually, it kind of is when you dont drive and have a mortal fear of public transport) but still... *waves*

Do you ever come this way at all? You could always pop in if you do!
Hashimotos, CFS, FMS, PTSD, Anxiety. Gosh, I have more letters than the doctors who diagnosed me!
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Postby ShelB » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:25 pm

Oh Oh Shirley I have been referred to the shrewsbury Clinic too.

I have spoken to the leader of the shrewsbuy support group and she says not to expect too much to start with.
Shel

The easy choices are the ones you make when you don't know enough to see how complicated things are.
ShelB
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics