[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello to all

hello to all

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello to all

Postby destinyiow » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:43 pm

hi im new to this forum and was diagnosed with fms last monday,which was a relief in 1 respect that the last 2 years of increasing symptoms were not all in my head,im 39 and have been reduced to usein a walkin stick and on longer journeys the use of a mobility scooter which whilst i had no name 4 why i was havein such difficulty walkin used to make me self concious that people were lookin down there nose at me 4 needin these things to help me get places when i had the energy 2 do so ,i i now try to hold my head high when i go out .as i know i need these things and dont care what other people think anymore ,as i have a name to stop me feelin like a hypocondriaced(sorry about spellin) my next step is to learn 2 live with this condition,hopefully with the help of people on this forum,when i feel im losein the plot :lol: so hi to all and thanks 4 lettin me rattle on :D
destinyiow
UKFM Newbie

Postby Christine » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:27 pm

Wow, destinylow
just did you a message and then pressed the wrong button and whoooosssshh, lost it. Too weary to do again sorry, but just wanted to say "Hi" and "good for you, hold your head up, with stick in hand and on your scooter", you have gained a certain amount of freedom...well done.
Your in my thoughts, hope you have a painfree day, and can achieve whatever you wish to do. Your in my thoughts and welcome on this site, with the rest of us,to share your views, comments and opinions, good and bad or ask your questions, some one will be able to help or just listen. Reddragoness xxx take care I am new on this site too........
Christine
UKFM Newbie

Postby AndreaC » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:18 pm

Hi destinyiow,

Welcome to the site. For me, it was like coming home and has given me alot more confidence.

I also use crutches, and yes I feel self-conscious, but I have to say that the more people stare the more I stare back now... I like to freak them out. That is due to the support of these people here, I have had bad experiences with being out on my own with the sticks and these kind people have been there for everyone in good and bad times.

Rattle on as much as you like, ask as many questions as you like - here you can be yourself (warts and all if its a bad day :) )

take care

A
I usually try to take things one day at a time, but lately several days have ganged up and attacked me at once ;)
AndreaC
UKFM Member

Postby destinyiow » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:17 pm

thanku 4 yr lovely replys and its nice 2 be amonst other people who understand what yr goin through rather than being patronised by people who seem to think its so easy getting on with the simplest tasks ,when u know if they were exsperiencein the pain u were they wolud think twice about the way they treat us,and sayin that i wouldnt wish this pain on my worst enemy ,so we will fight these narrow minds 2gether ,all for 1 and 1 , 4 all :lol:
destinyiow
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics