[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - the snow is on its way from next friday

the snow is on its way from next friday

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: the snow is on its way from next friday

Postby Nic-nac » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 pm

Still no more snow here yet thank goodness :D Still way too much left from last time thats turned to either 4-5 inch ice or HUGE mounds of frozen ice :shock:

It is forecast for more the weekend though :hugs:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Been :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowgrumpy: :elfsnaowball: :elfsnaowball: all morning here. WE were meant to be going to my parents today but not in this. :(
Stay warm and safe people. :xmasdance1: :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:45 pm

:woot: :woot: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1: :snowman1:
first inch of snow this season has fallen. can't wait to take the dog out. haven't used my chair in snow before. could be interesting!!!!!!!
:snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy:

adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Nic-nac » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi Adele Have fun but be careful :hugs:

We had more snow with thunder and lightning this morning :? So not in the mood for more of it still got too much left from 3 weeks ago :yikes:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Have fun Adele. :snowman1: :xmasdance1: :elfsnaowball: :xmaswave1:

I feel the same as you Nic, seen and had enough, i do like to sit and watch it fall from inside but scared to go out as have osteopenia and doc said if i have a fall my bones would never fully recover so another pj day for me.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:10 pm

We've just had bad frost overnight, no more snow thankfully :o :o Most of the last lot has gone, just some icy piles left where roads and paths etc have been cleared and it was piled up. I hope we don't get any more, it's not nice now, just a very large pain in the bum :? Sending you some warm snow melting vibes shaz, so you can get to your parents. We're off to see OHs parents on Wednesday, providing we don't get any more of the white stuff. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it's nowhere as bad as the last lot and we can all get sorted and finished for next weekend :xmaswave1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adele » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:49 pm

:( hate the snow already. i went out with the dog in my chair and couldn't get the chair back up the drive. had to be rescued. why build accessable bungalows with steep driveways? i hurt so much. i need to get something stronger than dihydrocodeine. AND my carer left my stick in a tesco trolley this week and someone stole it.

i love a good whinge. bah humbug :tongueout: . :fingerscrossed: no more snow. unfortunately i planned to go this afternoon and get some :wine: and [chocolate] .

:santchimney1: everyone, adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:47 pm

We had a couple of inches overnight and this morning, kids went sledging with their mum (my daughter) and needed to be dunked in the bath when they came back as they were freezing. I'm quite happy to sit inside and watch it!!

Harry has finally decided he can walk in snow and I think he's been listening to DeeDee as he went bananas when he got on the grass!!!!!!

Hope you get to your parents tomorrow Shaz, sorry you got stuck Adele and that some ratbag went off with your stick :evil:

Hope everyone is warm and safe :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:48 pm

I hope your rescuer was someone nice Adele, what a bummer about your stick, not really sure what it says about society if someone is prepared to pinch a walking stick :elfsnaowball:

DeeDee sends Harry snow madness wuffz n wagz, she's been a grotbag today, wanting to be in and out every few minutes and when she gets out she just stands for a minute or 2 then decides she's coming back in :snowgrumpy: She had a grumble at me earlier as I wouldn't take her out and made her come down from where she was sat on the stairs, so she's now in her crate, sulking :shock: :shock:

Sending lots of warm :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: to go with the :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :wine: :wine: :wine:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby princess » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Were trapped in village again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Harry sends woofs back to DeeDee complaining all owners are the same picking on poor defenceless pups all the time :shock: he too is in disgrace for nipping my toes for ignoring him, so he's in the kitchen.

Princess hope you get rescued soon, sending gentle :grouphug: :grouphug: to everyone who's suffering in this weather :grouphug: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :snowing1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Princess, will send the firemen fro the cafe to dig you out of the village :hohoho1:

DeeDee agrees with Harry, she thinks all huu-mons that take doglets out for walks in the cold against thhe doglet's wills should be rehomed :elfsnaowball: :snowgrumpy: The chooks are happy tho as they can get to their dustbath again and still keep getting porridge and sardines to eat to help keep them plump and warm :lol:

Lots of warm :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and snow-melting vibes being released into the night, hope they don't :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: on their way :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:48 pm

hi all
we had 6inches of snow yesterday morning in 2 hours :yikes:
it all looks absolutely beautiful

went out to help hubby clear off the drive and pathways
when he came home from work
and wish i had not :facepalm:

pain pain and more pain and my hands are so sore and dry
am having a lot of trouble with dry skin at the min :roll:

hope you are all coping with the cold weather
happy Christmas eve eve :lol: :hugs: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:26 pm

We had another inch (ish) yesterday, on top the frost and ice that was left from the last lot. All the green that had reappeared after the previous snow had melted is all white and crunchy again :shock: And it's soooo cold here, at it's warmest yesterday it was -3C.

As OH is working, I'm doing all the dog walking. Off we went this morning with snow madness in full effect. I was dragged all the way up to DeeDee's favourite field where she had a mad spring round until it started snowing again, so I reclaimed her and went back home to the warmth and washing :tongueout: :tongueout:

On a brighter note :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: MY MOTHER HAS MOVED HOUSE TODAY :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: She is under the impression I'm pleased about it as SHE is getting to live in HER dream house. She doesn't or won't, or isn't capable of realising that I don't believe the entire universe revolves around her, and the reason I'm so happy about the move is the fact that I finally get some distance between me and her :wine: :wine: :wine: I've been feeling a little bright about things over the past few weeks and I'm hoping I can build on that now that I have some freedom :woot: :woot:

I know this may sound like I am the most ungrateful and evil daughter that has ever existed, but it rally does feel like I'm on the road to liberation now I haven't got her breathing down my neck anymore :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:03 am

Flup it certainly doesnt sound like you are an ungrateful daughter, it sounds like a good daughter who has tried her best and is finally getting a little breathing space :twisted: so your mum can spend her time making her dream home her palace and give poor old Flup a bit of well deserved rest :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Harry is feeling so sorry for himself as my youngest son brought his 14 week old kitten home with him making 3 cats all of whom our big brave collie dog is terrified of :roll: :roll: :roll: sending Deedee loads of christmas woofs and the thought of a few turkey scraps that may come their way :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics