[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - sainsbury's doesn't want pedestrians or disabled...

sainsbury's doesn't want pedestrians or disabled...

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sainsbury's doesn't want pedestrians or disabled...

Postby animalhouse » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:14 pm

just had my daily walk/crawl to sainsburys. was exhausted this morning before i started but knew if i didn;t iu would never get off the bed today.

stopped and had a rest on way as limbs now really feeling it. when we got to sainsubyr the path where all teh loyal pedestrian had been trailing all week when the cars coiuldn't get out was blocked by snow.

why - they were now clearing the other 1/2 of the car park with tractors they had got in. i politely :evil: :evil: asked a chap (assistant manager) if he could clear the path to let me through with my stick as i could not climb the foot hight mound of snow.
"sorry our priority for health and safety reasons is to clear the carpark" :evil: :evil:
so he was directing cars into the carpark and all the trolley pushers were kindly helping all those lazy asses in their cars to park nicely in the spaces.

i stumbled over the mound and nearly fell into the security guard directing them into the traffic and went straight to customer services tocomplain nciely.. i asked to speak to manage but the young assistant came down and said he would see what he could do but their priority was to clear carpark ( the plonker in the carpark he confirmed was the manager.
so i asked is health and safety not relevant to all customers pedestrial or car park? i told him we would be in cafe and shop so it would be great if they could clear it in next hour. and its a shame the tractor driver didn;t have the sense to dump the snow somewher else such as a precious car space instead of on footpath.

when we left i saw a young lad taking a coffee to the manager. i asked mgr when they would get the path cleared would it be later today. he again repeated it is our priority to get the car park clear (and sell more stuff to those in cars!!) and he did not kno when but they would try today. i don;t know why he could not have got a young trolley tpusher to clear with a spade it would have only taken 10 mins.
so i left walking down the road slowing the traffic :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

boo sainsburys..
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: sainsbury's doesn't want pedestrians or disabled...

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:30 pm

All this health and safety has got out of hand these days. :twisted: Guess they are all scared of being sued :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Emerald » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Well theres more chance of a pedestrian od wheelchair user being smacked by a car having to dodge the pavement, mega payout cos they refused to clear it making a car park priority.

Where do you live, ill be along with my chair lol
Emerald
UKFM Member

Postby WennyP » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Quite. I just get them to deliver to me now - let them suffer the hassle!! (Is that bad of me :twisted: !)
"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings"
WennyP
UKFM Member

Postby libby63 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:40 pm

libby63
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:07 pm

it would have been great to have one of those then i could have left the car park on that holding all the traffic up at 10mph.

that would have shown the manager...

next time i need reinforcements in matlock will let you guys know.

:wine:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Hi Animalhouse its disgusting the way your Sainsburys are behaving towards pedestrians and i agree it will serve them right if they get sued. I was mortified today in Asda I walk really slowly and cant go far, a man got behind me with his trolley and was tutting and shaking his head at me apparently, I didnt see him but my youngest daughter did and she gave him a mouthful so he pointed at the scooters they have and said here are love, I thought Lucy was going to hit him and then he tried to cuddle her and say he was only joking. You can imagine what she called him and all the time I was carrying on my snail pace out the door :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:41 am

i think getting a stick was the best thing i ever did if only for the fact i enjoy waving it angrilly at others now.

my 2 teenage daughters get so embarased.

i hate it when people are rude then try and covering it up by saying you have not got a sense of humour. that is so bad.

good on you for not being bullied out of the way.
:grouphug: :blowkiss:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks Animalhouse but it was me getting really embarrased and her boyfriend just kept walking, dont think I'll bother going for a while :oops: :oops:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby libby63 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:20 pm

I have really come to appreciate what disabled people go through since being disabled myself. I have had my sick kicked away from me, impatient people tutting and nearly pushing me off an escaltor. I am really scared to go into town now so dont really bother. To me its not worth going through the pain of doing it. I really admire some disabled people who purservere getting on with their life and working although I do now appreciate that all disabilities are different and have even had someone with spina biffida (sp) say that I pity you at least I dont live with pain everyday.

Liz
libby63
UKFM Member

Postby cariad » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:19 pm

And they tell us that people's attittude to disability is improving! :xmasdance1:
cariad
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:34 pm

I have a wheelchair and use it when we go shopping, some times though my husband will go into a supermarket a borrow their wheelchair usually there's no problem. The other week we went to Sainsbury's and as usual he went into the Wakefield store and was told he would have to pay £50 deposit and leave his carkeys and some form of id just to borrow a manual wheelchair and as you can imagine what he told them :evil: and we shopped elsewhere :(

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:18 pm

That is disgusting, where is the trust nowadays, did they think he was going to pinch it running down the road pushing you with a load of shopping :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :shock:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Emerald » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:43 am

Emerald
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm

We have a new built mall in NE Scotland, it was never off the tv for opening.
Is beside HObbycraft that we like to have a look in.
However this new mall, is floor tiled, no chairs, no seats and no mobility skooters.
So guess i wont be back there.
Dreadful i dropped them a note saying how disappointed i was in the mall, considering all the money that has been spent out of the taxpayers money - needless to say they didnt answer.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to General Topics