[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I want to put this here as well

I want to put this here as well

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I want to put this here as well

Postby somebody_else » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:28 am

I posted this in the coping section, but more people come in here I think. I just bought this book "From Fatigue to Fantastic"... I forget who it's by and it's downstairs atm. It's on amazon though, yellow and blue cover.

I'd heard of it before but was skeptical, as you are when you're in our position. Then I was at an M.E support group and someone brought their copy in because I'd mentioned about how I thought Fibro was all related to the hypothalamus in some way.... and my god, it's like this book was written for me!

I cant believe it was written in 2001. I've spent 2 years doing all the research to come to the same conclusions this guy writes about. He's a doctor, and all the profits from his work goes to charity because he has fibro too. He says about all the possible causes and how they all affect the body in different ways, how each thing can lead to other things and suggests loads of different things that may help.

He's not just trying to sell some miracle cure. It's the best book I've ever picked up on the subject, and I've read an awful lot. He does have a "program" and a website but I havent looked at that yet. For me, just understanding it better will be enough to start with. I'm working on the vitamin approach and will be incorporating his advice in my own way first. Then if that doesnt work I might buy his product to try if it's not too expensive (like I say, I havent looked at it yet) which he says in the book it isnt, and of course the fact that the profits all go to charity, which to me instantly says he's genuinely out to help not to make money off our backs.

SO yeah, that's my opinion at the moment. I'm only half way through really - it may change! But I dont think so. I think it's worth anyone reading just for the fact that it was only £2.99 off the new and used section in amazon, and it really validates you and helps you see all the different causes and WHY they cause problems and what you can look at with your doctor in regards to getting answers and treatments that can help... rather than just the traditional antidep and painkiller approach. It explains the role of vitamins more clearly than anything I've ever read before, in regards to fibro and CFS etc. I just think it's worth a read. You can always sell it again if you dont like it.

I'd be interested to hear what others who have the book think too? I'm obviously really enthusiastic - you might not be. Share?
Hashimotos, CFS, FMS, PTSD, Anxiety. Gosh, I have more letters than the doctors who diagnosed me!
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics