New guy on the block, bad night sleep, any ideas?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New guy on the block, bad night sleep, any ideas?

Postby colin » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi,
I'm Colin from Felixstowe, Suffolk.

Had a horrible night Saturday. Felt tired when I went to bed, but because I'd had two pints (truth!) I did not take any pain killers.

Started with achy joints, my shoulder, as usual, then is escalated to about 90% of my joints, I could not find a comfortable position. I when felt as if I wanted to stretch, but when I did it hurt. My muscles felt as if they were in spasm, I could not stop moving, but very much wanted to, went to the loo about once an hour, open the windows, closed the windows, And the only thing that stopped-it-ish was to sit up on the edge of the bed and rock. I felt as if I was going out of my mind....headache too... Fell asleep about 5.

Any suggestion what to do?

I want to run nake down on the front, too let go, feel free of pain and scream

Colin
colin
UKFM Newbie

Postby somebody_else » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:06 pm

Personally, I'd just not drink and see if it happens again... if it does, and it's seemingly unrelated to drinking, then I'd try and eliminate other things to see why it's happening. PLus, if you dont drink, then you can always take painkillers if you need to!
Hashimotos, CFS, FMS, PTSD, Anxiety. Gosh, I have more letters than the doctors who diagnosed me!
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:55 pm

Colin,

Just a thought, you might try a lo carb diet, if I eat white bread, rice, pasta or potatoes etc I do get pain, if I don't eat them, I don't, it was explained to me some time ago, something to do with insulin..........

Kristine
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby Graham » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:15 pm

Hi Colin

I take it you are being treated for Fibro by the Doctor, if so what medication are you taking, I find amitriptyline works for me if taken in the right quantities (you have to experiment with them to find what is right for you), they help you sleep and they also relax your muscles which helps the pain. If the doc isn't giving you amitrypt then ask him about them.

Regards
Graham
Graham
UKFM Member

Postby ~Ro~ » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:16 pm

I would try cutting things out of your life one at a time

If that doesnt help, then try adding things like heat, gentle exercise (when you can)

One thing I know definately helps me is eating more veg, cooked is better, i read that in quite a few books and websites, i believe it helps me, give it a try
~Ro~
~Ro~
UKFM Member

fibro

Postby trayar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:44 pm

hello colin,iv just recently been diagnosed with fibro but have been diagnosed with chronic myofacsial pain syndome for some time now. I am on alot off painkillers,but the best i find for spasms are diazipam and nortryptaline help with the pain,as your doctor the nxt time you see him/her about these medications. Good luck and hope you get to the bottom of you sleeping troubles. If you do plz tell me as im in the same predicament

Yours trayar
I have just recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and would like to meet other people who have the same condition,as i know my friends and family dont really know what i am going through
trayar
UKFM Newbie

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Postby colin » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:19 am

:D Hello and a Happy New Year to every one.

I very much thank you for your kind responses, things are moving. I've joined the local support group in Ipswich and think it will be very good for me, when I can get to it! Talking to people with simular problems is great, I woke up this morning feeling much better.

I'm watching my diet, less sugar, fat, and pre-preared foods.
I've started drinking specialized bottled beers, largers and ciders (not together!) that cuts down my intake of alcohol and licquid.

My wife bought me several things for Christmas, including skudo and a memorey toy, also a 'stop snorning' machine...seems to be helping with my sleeping!!!!

I'm also going to do a meds check with Boots, make sure they are ok together. I've changed some, which seems to help.

Anyway must go, take care, be strong will come back soon

Colin
colin
UKFM Newbie

Postby Min » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:04 am

A good qualitymemory foam mattress topper is wonderful for easing the pain. I bought mine from a t.v. shoping channel so that I could send it back if I didn't like it. My G.P. gives me low dose Amitriptylene (sp?) to take at night for pain & sleeplessness. Hope you find something that helps you.
Min
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics