Other forums

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Other forums

Postby carolnotts » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:58 pm

I joined another fibro forum aswell and i hated it,, this is the best run,friendliest site and i wouldn't go elswhere now anytime i have aasked for advise on here i have been given it to the best of the persons knowledge and when you are feeling down you are guaranteed to be cheered up on here. I am on fb a lot but only a handful of my friends suffer from fibro most of which are on here aswell so it isn't quite the same....i am so glad i found here or i would be in a love me jacket by now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :grouphug: :grouphug:
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby Inks » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 pm

I am only new here but I empathise with what has been said about the "my dad is bigger than your dad" syndrome that occurs on many different types of forums, which is a real shame because we all just want a little bit of support sometimes so to have to jump through hoops to get it is just wrong :cry:

However, if it wasn't for a great friend on another forum, I wouldn't have heard about this one, so win win :mrgreen: It's often the case that things said online are misconstrued because we cannot speak to the other person face to face and therefore the context of a message can be misinterpreted and on the flip side sometimes, people can be insensitive due to the medium of communication? I think what it does show us, is that although one thing we say will be taken one way by one person, it will be taken completely differently by another. Still, it's always about where you feel most comfortable and that is the beauty of having choice xx
Last edited by Inks on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inks
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi denys, thanks for the changes, I dont mind at all, You were completely right in your reasons as it has got much more of a response. I did think the title meds wasn't the right one but after i did it i didn't know how to change it. :oops:

It's been great reading everyone's postings and i feel somewhat vindicated now in my thinking, especially after reading Fluffy puppies one which summed up exactly how i feel ( I've also had similar problems on forums totally unrelated to health, such a s a paranormal discussion one ) I was beginning to think there was either something about me which rubbed people up the wrong way or i was being overly sensitive and paranoid, but i can see now that i am not the only one who has experienced certain forum heirarchies.
Anyhow, I think i'll just stick to this forum for fibro talk, i mean why have :banghead: when you can have [chocolate] :wine: and :grouphug:

Mell. X
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:53 pm

:wave: :yikes: :shock: :facepalm: didnt realise the forum had this many soap boxes :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: .iv`e not been on other forums ,and from what i read dont wish too .i prob get kicked off in 1st hour . :lol: :lol: i found it strange when i first started posting :roll: but the mods and friends on here are brill ,i have had so much support with other issues :oops: and only just recently facing up to health probs and talking bout em :crazy: :crazy: and i like to think i give back more than i receive . :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: .and i find it helps to know i`m not the only nutty1 here :tongueout: :tongueout: :wine: so long may you reign :wine: :woot: :woot: :oops: my soap box just collapsed :facepalm: i would also like thank my dr. :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: the chocolatier ,the florist , :wine: :lol: :lol:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:32 am

I havent looked at any other forum, from the first time i have came on here, everyone has been lovely, maybe a bit :crazy: :crazy: or :wine: :wine: hehe but they do always share. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 pm

You are/can be a crazy bunch of guys but you always manage to bring a smile to my face. Keep it up guys. :wine: :clap: [chocolate] :roll: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to General Topics