[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ppl using FM suffers to cleam info from them

ppl using FM suffers to cleam info from them

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby ouchisme » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 am

Morn all,

Just a bit of gen advice needed. On another forum, theres a woman whose said shes had FM for yrs, but doesn't have a dx. She seems to want to gather info from ppl dx for FM, but asking for the 'weirdest symptoms that we may have'. She is some what a troublemaker on the forum, starting topics just to get reactions from other users, then watching the 'fight' emerge and then doesn't say anymore. My :police: has gone off as she seems to only prey on the vulnerable on a thread thats heading is FM. I've tried talking to a lady newly dx as her husband has just left her, just got dx, can't cope with the symptoms and feels v alone. But the op seems to b 'stalking' her on different topics to as FM q's that are unrelated to the start of the thread. Does that sound dodgy to u? Shes keeps living messages asking me to reply, and my partner suggests steering well clear. But i'm worried about the poor woman whose all of the place :?: any advice greaty received. Hope that every1 is having a fairly good morn loads of soft :grouphug: all round x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Re: ppl using FM suffers to cleam info from them

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:02 am

If you have any worries about any post on a forum, you should report it to one of the mods on there for them to take the appropriate action.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:03 pm

have to agree with flup
the mods are there to keep the forum a nice place
and anyone worried about a post or member should report
it to a mod. you should be able to pm the mods in charge of that forum
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Have to agree with the advice already given. Also listen to your OH and steer clear me her, but do report your concerns to the admin.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:15 pm

be careful. i had never heard of "munchausen by internet" until my support worker told me about it. it's a recognised mental disorder.

people fake illnesses on medical forums to get the attention they need. some even pretend to be dying and will post as other people such as family members and their carers to really get everyone's sympathy. that's the thing with the internet - you never eally know who you are communicating with.

if she is causing trouble, report her to the mods and ignore her. if she gets no attention she we will move on.

the whole thing gives me the creeps. i was told as a warning because i can't recognise things like this and i trust too easily.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby thewireweaver » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Wow. I wish I didn't have fibromyalgia, I can't imagine faking it for attention! But then if someone is craving attention and sympathy I can kind of see how it could happen...
thewireweaver
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:30 pm

you would be very surprised at how many do this :wink:

but we do suss them out :police: :police:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm

how? :lol: xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm

:wave: take your oh advice and either as others say report it ,or stick with good forum .our mods pick up really quick :clap: :clap: to protect us .can you pm your friend that you have concerns seeing she is vulnerable :fingerscrossed:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby sjc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi. Yes, i agree with other comments. Sadly there ppl who use internet to write false information and target vulnerable. I used to be on facebook, and i noticed some of fb users were bullies or craved attention - sadly, some folks will do anything to get noticed or easily diagnose themselves and feel their so called illness needs to publicize them. Some people on internet are a mystery. Lol. Take care folks.
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanx for all replies

She slipped up today leaving a mess for me to answer. She said that her fibro symptoms are driving her crazy, 'my muscles on my shoulders, neck, and arms are swollen up real bad. As u know that symptom of fibro is terrible, isn't it?' :crazy: :yikes: Ive reported the person to the mods and left a mess answer from me to her ? Just said that swollen muscles isn't a symptom of our syndrome (didn't give her any other ones), that she should really see her gp if it was that bad. So i'm hoping that would have put her in place! :x I think its outrageous that ppl think its acceptable behaviour to use ppl who are ill or have a long term medical conditions for their own gains. It makes me sick to my stomach! I'd give anything not to b like the way that i am. But these are the cards that i've been dealt in life and i'll always have a smile and filthy mind to entertain myself
Hope u are all having an okay day soft :grouphug: all round x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 pm

a filthy mind is very healthy :lol: :lol:

this is a safe forum me thinks so i feel it's time for a :grouphug: and :cake:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Emerald » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:22 am

Sounds like a typical internet troll to me. Most places dont ban them as such because they just come back on other id's and it escallates so they prefer to keep them where they can see them. I would point this out to the admin tho so they can keep a closer eye.
Emerald
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:18 pm

We make it our business to keep a very close eye on all the posts on here and if we see anything suspicious will watch until we have all the evidence we need and then I ban them. We can also check IP adresses's and ensure these are passed to other forums in an effort to stamp this kind of activity out. So as has already been said, report any and all worries to the moderator team and we will deal with the matter appropriately.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:22 pm

that's reassuring, thanks mods xx :flowers:
Adele
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics