SIGN E-PETITION FOR No.10 DOWNING STREET ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

E PETITIONS

Postby janham » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:36 pm

A BIG BIG THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE SIGNED ALL FOUR E PETITION ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA - GUESS WHAT? I HAVE ADDED ANOTHER AS TWO ARE ABOUT TO EXPIRE SHORTLY.

HELP?

Two of these end in August and time is running out. With our New Prime Minister promising to listen to the people (I wonder?) we must at least give him something to look at. PLEASE press your relatives, friends and anyone you know to sign the petitions.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/FMSCLINICS/
DEADLINE : 15th August 2007
CURRENTLY:911 signatures

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/FMS-Research/
DEADLINE : 23rd August 2007
CURRENTLY:1055 signatures

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/fibromyalgia/
DEADLINE : 19th February 2008
CURRENTLY: 1019 signatures

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Invisibleillness/
DEADLINE : 9th January 2008
CURRENTLY:935 signatures

As we would soon be down to two I decided to keep the ball rolling and send one myself. Your support would be appreciated. Needless to say I have made a fibro fog funny and put two 'help's. Shows how much I think we need help. I guess! Please go into the website and sign the new petition at the end and get support for the others. We need over 1,000 signatures at least or I believe they do not consider the petition.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/FIBROFUNDING

This is always supposing the Web Team approve it and do not think I am being political.

My petition reads:

We the undersigned, petition the Prime Minister to allocate
funds to help FIBROMYALGIA with research, finding a cure and
raising awareness.

We implore the new PRIME MINISTER to listen to those suffering
with fibromyalgia, for which there is NO CURE, and provide
financial help to them survive - (as the Government has
for M.E.). Who else can we ask for help?

Keep well

JANHAM
janham
UKFM Member

Postby Shera » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:39 pm

I've signed all 4 :)
I signed them before I got my membership approved.
good luck

the bottom one couldn't be found, the new one.
I have Lupus, Fibro, IBS, Arthritis & Raynauds.
Don't ask me about them though, the brain fog refuses to let me answer ROFL
Hugs & Cuddles
Dee
xxxxxx
Shera
UKFM Member

A NEW E PETITION - PLEASE SIGN IT - GIVE US YOUR SUPPORT

Postby janham » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:44 pm

Hello Shera

Thanks for signin the original 4 and I am sorry you could not find the new one. In 2/3 days it has had 115 signatures, as of this evening, so hopefully some folk are finding it.

HERE IS VERIFICATION FROM THE BIG MAN HIMSELF

Subject: Your petition to the Prime Minister has been approved
Date: 23 July 2007 12:15:18 BDT

Your petition has been approved by the Number 10 web team, and
is now available on the Number 10 website at the following
address:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/FIBROFUNDING/

Your petition reads:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to allocate
funds to help FIBROMYALGIA with research, finding a cure and
raising awareness.

We implore the new PRIME MINISTER to listen to those suffering
with fibromyalgia, for which there is NO CURE, and provide
financial help to help them survive - (as the Government has
for ME). Who else can we ask for help?

Thanks for submitting your petition.

-- the ePetitions team

So hopefully this will run and run and get more attention from those who need help from research and finding a cure.

Take care. Keep well

Gntle hugs

Janham aka Jeanne
janham
UKFM Member

Postby Shera » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:53 am

Thank you I signed that one. :)
I have Lupus, Fibro, IBS, Arthritis & Raynauds.
Don't ask me about them though, the brain fog refuses to let me answer ROFL
Hugs & Cuddles
Dee
xxxxxx
Shera
UKFM Member

signed the petition

Postby claire edwards » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi
Just to let you know that i have signed all the petitions so far...
I hope that the more people who sign them will get the government to do something so that our illnesses are taken seriously.
take care
claire
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

signed

Postby levs » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:40 pm

hello ive managed to sign three of the four petitions. unfortunately one had already closed. good luck.
My name is Mark. ive had fibro for two years.
levs
UKFM Newbie

URGENT E PETITION JUST TWO WEEKS LEFT

Postby janham » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:36 pm

I am sorry if you just hate me for what I am going to say but tough! Only 550 people have signed this petition which was posted in July 2007 and expires in just TWO WEEKS on January 23. We need at least another 500 signatures.

Correct me if I am wrong but has everyone with fibromyalgia on this forum given up on life and is ready to lie down. I read your comments on the forum and you talk about this pain and that ache. The effort you use writing your post is the same effort you need to help yourself by signing the e-petition asking Gordon Brown to give funding to find a cure. In fact I think it is less.

May I say there is nothing in this for me - well no more than anyone else who might benefit from research or a cure. But I am at a loss to understand why the hundreds of fibromite who read these posts do nothing about it.

Having quietly blown my top I do want to say a big thank you to those folks above (or is it below) who have written and said they have signed and to those who have bothered to sign but not written.

But may I say loudly we do need 1,000 signatures - at least another 500 in the next two weeks if a copy of the petition is to get anywhere near Gordon Brown's desk.

I bet the PM does not even know what a fibromite is? I bet Gordon Brown is one of those who says "Fibro what?".

Don't you feel mad that money is being spent elsewhere (ME had £8.5m in 2006) and you, who deserve some recognition, are just not being considered. What else do I have to say to get you wild enough to do some about this?

I am proud to say no-one can suggest that I do not get off my butt to raise awareness! I rest my case.

I hope to see lots of posts in the next 10 days saying, 'Been there, done that'. Come on, give this petition your support. Do something to help yourself.

I know Joo is going to tell me off again for being harsh but desperate times need desperate measures. And I know Joo has signed under her real name.

If you have an axe to grind about this, email me

jeannehambleton@mac.com

or if you have any suggestions to raise awareness - or if you want to tell me why you should not sign this petition. I am waiting.

Here is the address again for the petition. Do it now! It takes less than a minute. Do it for yourself.

before January 23 2008 please.

Gentle fibro hugs
Janham
janham
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:55 pm

Hiya
Yep, i thought it has been a bit quiet just lately, have to say i have signed all petitions as far as i can remember, tell me if you know different but i know that when they come up i do them straight away...
I think you have had to be harsh to be honest, i know i am fed up to the back teeth at not being recognised, im sick of being treated badly by Gp's, benefits, i emailed my MP but, guess what, nothing...
If we are ever going to be heard and treated in the correct way people need to be doing something...
take care
claire
xx
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby shadow » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:58 pm

signed it and will email to my contacts to try to rally some support!
shadow
UKFM Member

SIGN NOW AND HELP YOURSELF

Postby janham » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:24 pm

Hi Claire
Thanks for your support. I just hope there are more like you willing to stand up and be counted.

I am, however, encouraged by two fibromites in particular - nothing to do with the forum. One a former model who is friendly with a Page 3 girl. She has organised a saucy calendar with nude scene for 2008 to raise FM awareness and is doing another calendar for 2009.

Another active fibromite is organising a Grand Ball with a charity auction at the Royal Thames Yacht Club, central London, overlooking Hyde Park on May 10 to help celebrate May 12 International Fibromyalgia Awareness Day.

There was also a full page article among the health news of the Daily Express on January 1 2008 about a lady with FM - so there are some folk who are getting off their butts and doing their bit for the FMS community.

I almost forgot about Linda Allen from Stoke on Trent who is talking to medical students about her FM. She reports they had never hear of fibromyalgia until she explains it to them. Good for her as she is educating our GPs of tomorrow.

If you want to know more you can read my fibromites' weblog. It includes some lovely stories about people with fibromyalgia. Log on

http://jeannehambleton77.wordpress.com.

As a journalist with FMS etc. I write about anything - as everything touches the lives of fibromites - we are like everyone else except we have an invisible disability - fibromyalgia and maybe CFS, possibly IBS, along with RLS, and maybe TMJ not to menmtion fibro fog, sleeplessness, headaches, dizziness, skin complaints, gerd ...now you have got me started....

Thanks again for your support. Let us hope the message gets through and we get some support.

Gentle fibro hugs

Janham aka Jeanne
janham
UKFM Member

Postby crazyhog » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:49 am

signed the ones that are still before their deadline.

Crazyhog
aka: Angela
crazyhog
UKFM Member

Postby janham » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:59 pm

Hello Crazyhog

Thanks. I am glad you were not offended when I lost my cool and have given us the support we so badly need. Good for you and thanks.

Janham aka Jeanne
janham
UKFM Member

Postby crazyhog » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi Janham
No not offended at all. :D As a relatively new member ive not had a chance to read all the posts on the forum so was appreciative of a guide in the right direction :D thank you.

gentle hugs

Angela
crazyhog
UKFM Member

Postby janham » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:58 pm

Hello Angela

Thanks for your message - please now tell your friends - you do not have to have FM to sign any of the petitions - and you don't have to be crazy either like me.

Thanks for your support.

Janham aka Jeanne
janham
UKFM Member

Postby crazyhog » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:54 pm

Good evening
Already have. :D OH has sent it to all his friends too. :D
crazyhog
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics