[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Spots before the eyes

Spots before the eyes

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Spots before the eyes

Postby Candybar » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:09 am

I have had varying symptoms since I was diagnosed with fibro some years ago, but the latest have been extraordinary and although the last time seemed to similarly fit in with what others are experiencing, the very latest doesn't - unless someone can tell me otherwise.

A couple weeks ago I started to get hundreds tiny little bubbles in the eye (luckily it is my weaker eye), and they float about, and very irritating if I am trying to read. But not only that the eyeball is painful to touch and aches at the back of the eye. The pain is very similar to the one I am experiencing in the abdomen muscles. So I have not done anything about it but live with it.

Can anyone tell me before I do make an appt for the optician - whether they have experienced this as a symptom of fibro???

Candybar
UKFM Newbie

Postby Min » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:51 am

Are these the things called 'floaters'. You make a good point about there being loads more since the fibro started - I've many more now. My optician remarked on them but didn't seem concerned. My eye muscles become sore too, especially when I'm reading.

However your painful eyeball needs investigating asap, so make that appointment! (& let us know how you get on)
Min
UKFM Member

Postby Candybar » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:40 pm

I called the optician's receptionist today and made an appt for the earliest I could get - next Tuesday.

However, she must of called him at his home (he was not in the practice today) and he has suggested squeezing me in for an appt tomorrow as I have had it too long for it not be checked now.

Thanks for the push - I will let you know after tomorrow what his diagnosis is and whether it is related to fibro or not. 8)
Candybar
UKFM Newbie

Postby claire edwards » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi
I have just been diagnosed with FM and recently saw my optician because of the headaches, floaters and one eye feeling weaker than the other one. My optician checked the necessary and said that my left eye is the weaker and the floaters, headaches were nothing to worry about... Hope this helps?
Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby Candybar » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:03 pm

I went to the Optician and then sent to Eye Casualty at the hospital. It seems it is bi lateral uveitis, luckily to the front of the eyes only, worse on left than the right. The doc didn't say whether connected, but he was a bit shocked that the GP had not followed up other symptoms I was getting - so he has called for another blood test, which I had done yesterday as well.

As far as the eyes - just steriod drops and other drops to relax the eye for one week, and another appt to see how it is getting on.

I was not going to do anything as I really thought - "just another symptom", but I am glad I did, because it could have got worse. :roll:
Candybar
UKFM Newbie

Postby Min » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:23 pm

What a good job you went to your optician - our eyesight is so precious. (G.P.s eh :roll: )

Good luck with your treatment.
Min
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics