Can I just rant please? :(

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Nigglez » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Thank you everybody so much! Adele I've heard of this spreading the warmth thing before but didn't know what it was, I'm with British gas but maybe a change to npower is needed when everything settled. I've found two cab drop in centers that are localish to me one on a Monday 9.30-12.30 and another on a Thursday at the same times, going to try and get to it tomorrow but if the way I feel now is anything to go by I'll be fit for nothing all day :(

I'm on sertraline 50mg for depression and amitriptyline also as well as all my other meds for fibro but I am going to ask for something to be increased just for a short time until I can get things back on track.

Thank you all for your replies, if I've forgot to mention anything I apologise, I have trouble remembering my own name most days I've got no chance with while messages lol gentle hugs and sweet dreams to you all xxx
Nigglez
UKFM Member

Re: Can I just rant please? :(

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Dear Nic, I can't really add much to what you've been told by much wiser peeps than me, but I just wanted to say I do have an inkling of how you feel. Many years ago when our children were barely at school we had some serious issues with money, debt, eviction etc and even now I remember the feelings well. I just want you to know that you are in my prayers and I am thinking of you during this tough time for you and your family and God blees mum, she sounds lovely. Take care and loadsa gentle :hugs: to share round all of you. Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:33 pm

not much more i can add Nic, hope things get sorted out for you :goodluck1: :fingerscrossed:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Nigglez » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:39 am

Thank you budda and cherry :) I'm slightly more positive today knowing that I have enough to cover my rent (barely) for next month (I pay a month in advance) so that gives me a month at least to try and sort my head and the mess out before I start to panic again. Luckily my landlady is a good family friend who has known me since I was born so I know she would do all she could to help too, I already get reduced rent, and discount haircuts for me n my boy lol trying so hard to keep my sense of humour as much as I can, as me good old mum says "if you don't laugh you'll cry"

I'm slightly overwhelmed at all the help and advice I have got not just on here but from friends and family too... People I've not really had alot to do with since school never mind since being diagnosed have all rallied round over the last few days and made sure I had everything I needed to make life a bit easier, even down to medication that I'd run out of and unable to get in with a doctor for 3 days. I don't really get out much, and when I do it's just to the local shop, I'm a bit anti social, and usually not much fun when I do see anybody so I just assumed they would of all just got sick of me and run a mile. And when I posted on here I had no idea of the responses and support I'd get, just thought I'd have my rant and that would be that. Everybody has been so awesome, I had myself a little cry last night, and for a change it wasn't caused by pain! I just felt so grateful for everything. :) xxx
Nigglez
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:36 am

Hi

I hope you manage to sort something out, we seem to get punished for being ill. If only any of these medical assessor's could have for a day, (wouldnt wish it on anyone though - not even my worst enemy) they would realise no one would choose a life of pain and fatigue.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:10 pm

glad your feeling a lot better :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:39 pm

hi again, i am foggy today so bare with me if this has already been covered....are you claiming housing benefit and council tax benefit? you barely have an income and would get it all made if your rent is reasonable. you are entitled to emergency payments from the job centre while your claim is being sorted out. they can't leave you with no money to support your child.

i think it is good idea to increase your antidepressant for now to help you sort this all out. always remember you have us here for support and advice.

:hugs: adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:18 pm

You find out who your true friends are with FM, Nic, and it sounds like you've got some really special ones around you :grouphug: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: things start to get better for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: You know we're always here when you want us :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Nigglez » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Thank you fluppy, I sure have realised I have some very special people in my life!

Adele ((big hugs)) hope you feel better soon and the fog lifts :( I receive some housing and council tax benefit but not full rate yet as it's still all being sorted out, so I'm having to fork out at the min, they said they would repay me when the claim is sorted, but, they have said this before and just took my overpayment off their overpayment debt. I'm going up in the morning to see if I can't sort it all out.

I had my 'reason' for my failed medical today, I go no points at all, and alot of the questions said I could do stuff my questionnaire said I couldn't, has anybody else found that their medical questionnaire hasn't really been taken into account? It's like they hadn't even read it!! What's the point in the questionnaire if they aren't going to listen to what's said in it and just assume your lying and on the fiddle. I'm going to ask for a copy of the questionnaire to highlight all the parts where it says o e thing and the statement of reason says another then ask them to look at it again before I appeal, fingers crossed this gets me at least a teeny bit further.

Here's hoping for better days for all (( big hugs ))

Nic xx
Nigglez
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:41 pm

Nic, I was told by the CAB that the questionaaire may or may not be taken into account. Most People have to go for a medical. I was Also warned that what they ask in the medical usually has nothing to do with what's on our questionaaires.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:27 am

Hi Nic (from another Nic!)

Gosh, I'm be seriously stressed out! I hope if all gets sorted out soon for you.

I can't add to anything as you've had some great advice from others. But here's some gentle and supportive :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Nigglez » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:12 am

Rose, I had my medical. Not sure if I've already posted about this but my assessor was less than useless, more interested in rubbing her pergnant belly, and getting me out of there as fast as she could so she could have a cuppa n biccy before the next unsuspecting victim! I was in there no longer than ten minutes, after travelling for more than two hours on public transport, walking for what seemed like miles ( my mum assures me it was 5 minutes but it felt like miles, and I forgot my crutches! ) getting there looking and feeling like death, I was shoved in n out, having not been able to state my case, no wonder I got no points, if they didn't take my questionnaire into account they are going solely on my ability to say hi and bye lol urgh ranting again lol I'll shut up now :)

Nic I think the day I'm not stressed I might throw a party, it's been that long since I felt truly relaxed, and I can't remember the last time I partied lol I have the life of a 90 year old woman not a 28 year old one :(

Hope everyone is doing ok.. And you all have a lovely pain free energetic weekend :)

Mwah xx nic xx
Nigglez
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Awwwww I'm so sorry your medical was so horrid. I had quite a nice male nurse do mine. I'm still waiting on the results, but the first words out of his mouth when he read fibro on my Rheumatologists report (Yes I went armed with my RHeumy's report and every other piece of paper I could lay my hands on that stated my medical history, which wasn't much but enough) was Fibro - that's a horrible disease! So I'm quite confident. I had to walk up two flights of stairs and was knackered when I got up there!!!! Had to stop half way as I had palpitations and was out of breath! I used to run up stairs without blinking!!!!! However I don't know how things will go for me.
:hugs: and :goodluck2: on your appeal.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby xyz1000 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi :wave:

I just wanted to say hi. Sorry that things are being so tough for you.
Would your ladylady not beable to wait for the council to pay her
the rent money? If you explain the situation I am sure she maybe
able to help even if its to reduce it alittle until the claim comes through.
I have never made a claim for disabilty so can't help you there sorry.

I am a single Mum with a 13 year old son and I work with adults
with learning disabilities. It was abit mad reading your post
as you sound like me!! lol I am working though it is struggle. It is a job I love it's
some staff that are worse than the clients !!The pain gets to me too its quite
demanding on the body isn't it.I am hanging
in there by a thread!!

Hope you get sorted out with some money soon as can understand how ill
it must be making you feel. It is hard when it just you and there is no one
else to help with bringing in money. Could you get apply to income
support ( I expect you have)? There is also a website called www.Turn2us
where you can do a benitfit search for yourself. :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics