dog owners - i need advice, murphy is very sick

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: dog owners - i need advice, murphy is very sick

Postby Schnoodle » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm

hugs to you adele - i agree about the insurance - we pay extra as we are tennants rather that owning our house but it is so worth it. fortunatley we hvnt had to use it for george yet but its one less thing to worry about if/when he does need it xx

I hope you feel better (as better as you can) soon x
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:34 pm

i have a migraine, tummy bug, a trapped nerve in my shoulder and bad flair. when we're ill together we push our beds together and moan and groan to each other. i will feel better when he is home snoring and barking in his sleep.

thanks everyone xxx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi

I'm so sorry that your dog is poorly, our pets are so precious to us.

I'll be thinking of you both and hope that he will be back home with you soon.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Hope Murph is up and running around very soon, I share your sentiments about petplan as Harry has just been diagnosed with hip dysplaysia in both legs and so will require treatment for life :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Very definitely a case of thank dog for pet insurance, for both Murph and Harry. DeeDee has hip dysplacia, inly one of her hips is affected tho. Poor Harry having both affected :cry: :cry: Hopefully, with the right recipe and balance of exercise, careful feeding, and meds/supplements he should still be able to do the majority of doggy things :grouphug: :blowkiss: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scartlass » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi
I hope Murphy is is getting better by the minute, i love dogs but can't really have one right now, i do have a cat and 2 lizards and i love them to bits. i will be thinking of you both and :hugs: to Murphy, he will be :dogchasecat1: very soon :D
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby Claire Spong » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Hope Murphy is all better soon! I have a cat and love her to distraction, pets mean so much, they are part of the family, my kitty is my baby and is probably treated better than my OH! Pet insurance is vital.
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Praying for Murphy, hope he is home soon to his mummy. :hugs: :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:48 am

thank you all. i wrote a long reply earlier but it's lost in space somewhere. i am going to see my baby in the morning. he won't be home for a few days but i've washed and made his bed up with extra blankets. i am feeling ill again and down but i suppose it's to be expected as i'm having a flare as well and missed a night's sleep.

i'll let you know how he is tomorrow. nite xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 am

:fingerscrossed: murphy is feeling better today and he is home with you soon. :hugs: :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:26 pm

hi. i went to visit murphy and he is recovering quite well from major surgery. i stayed 3 hours and spent most of that time in his little cage talking to him and stroking him. we got to walk around outside together and they put a blanket down for us to lie on. he is on loads of medication and has to be muzzled when he has painful methadone injections every 4 hours.

they have warned me that his body may reject the stitches holding his stomach together. if that happens he will develop peritonitis and may die. he will not out of the woods for several days yet. if i'm lucky he will be home next week.

i know that other dog owners will understand that they are members of our families and not just animals. i am lost without him being here and i am praying that he recovers.

your support has helped me alot :blowkiss:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby guesstimation » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:07 pm

I'm so sorry to read about your dog, everything crossed he pulls through he's come a long way already from the sounds of it.

xx hugs xx
guesstimation
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:46 pm

:hugs:

:fingerscrossed: Murphy can come home next week, bf and I are thinking of you both and hoping he gets better :blowkiss:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:58 am

:fingerscrossed: murphy gets better soon and will be home with you next week. :goodluck1: :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:37 pm

hi, just to let you know that murphy is so much better than yesterday. the staff are all amazing at the vet's. they have moved murphy into a 6'x4' pen so that i am more comfortable. they even provided a duvet for me to sit on and cups of coffee. he is still quiet but cuddled up next to me. at one point my 2 carers were in the pen as well.

it's lovely that they listen to me and acknowledge that i know my dog best. i got him to eat food today that i had taken in and i will feed him over the weekend as he can't come home until he poohs. i asked them to stop the methadone as i know he is not in much pain and the injections are so painful.

i managed to get his comfy collar today as i hate the buster collars. i thought he might not like it but he loves it!!! he sees it as a portable cushion.

i have had a lovely time visiting murph. most of the staff don't know that i'm having a lie down on a duvet in a dog kennel with the door shut. they get a bit of a surprise when they do their checks!! one of them was really surprised to find 3 of us in there.

we took him out for a couple of very short walks so that he could enjoy the sunshine and have some peace and quiet. i left him in his pen, on my duvet, sleeping peacefully. i'm a lot less stressed now and :fingerscrossed: i will have my boy back by monday. :dunno: it's going to take quite a while before he's back to normal but i am hopeful.

love to all the everyone's doggies, adele :blowkiss:
Adele
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics