dog owners - i need advice, murphy is very sick

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: dog owners - i need advice, murphy is very sick

Postby denys » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Glad to hear he is improving Adele and :fingerscrossed: he's home soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:24 pm

hi. murphy made it home this afternoon even though he still had a temperature. i'd volunteered to take his temperature :yikes: 3 times a day and to administer 5 different medications, confusing as i am on 12 myself. anyway after just over an hour he took a turn for the worst and we had to rush him back. just as i unpacked all his stuff it was a frantic rush to repack and get there.

i am going to visit tomorrow and see what happens. i am stressed out and miss him so much. i just want him home. when he does come back he has five weeks of rehabilitation ahead of him. the stitches are in for another 10 days, he needs wound care, medication, 400 metre maximum walks 3 times a day on the lead. no excitement, he has to just rest.

i had no idea his recovery would be so slow.

love to all other doggies :hugs:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:30 pm

So sorry to hear that Adele, you must be so worried and upset!

:fingerscrossed: for a speedy recovery, and sending gentle :hugs: to you.
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:59 pm

:hugs:

Hope Murphy is back to his old self soon, today must have been so stressful for you :(

There'll be lots of :wine: when we hear he's back home and wagging his tail again :)
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:00 pm

thank you. i miss him so much.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:12 pm

:fingerscrossed: he'll be fine and home in no time
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi Adele, I have just been reading Murphy's 'journal'. I am so very sorry to hear his has been so poorly. I really can sympathise with you - we have 6 dogs ( :crazy: ), 4 are working and 2 are pets - if that makes sense. I would really miss any of them if they were in 'hospital'. Just last year I had to have my collie spayed - run of the mill I know - but I missed her so much that I went and did a little shopping then went back and stayed with her until she could come home, I was so worried for her. She really is my best friend and goes everywhere with me and is quite spoilt. You must have been so worried about poor Murphy but I'm sure he will be ok - animals are much hardier than we think they are and he's got this far. Please keep us all updated with his progress and send him loads of doggy hugs and kisses and we are thinking of him - and you. Take care. Cherry :hugs: :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 pm

again thank you. the vets don't know why he has a high temperature. it varies between high and very high. they kept on ultrasounding him, tried so many different antibiotics and on saturday they put him back on a drip for a few days as he had bilirubin crystals in his urine.

he seemed fine yesterday and today, besides the temperature, and we agreed that it could be stress related even though he seemed happy as he isn't a fan of other dogs and he was in close proximity to other very noisy doggy patients. at home he vomited his breakfast he had eaten 8 hours earlier completely undigested and wasn't interested in the scrambled egg i made him (his favourite) and suddenly looked very sad.

the poor lamb was gutted when he saw we were back at the vets. i am happy that he is in the best place and i have to admit that i wasn't looking forward to sticking my thermometer up his bum 3 times a day. we are very close but....

i will keep you posted as it is helping me. none of my friends have dogs so they don't understand.

sniffs and licks to all your doggies :hugs: adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:26 pm

Am sorry you had to take Murphys back to the vet, but he is better being there so they can keep there eye on him, am sure he will be home soon with his mummy and it will not be long before he is jumping around again, please try not to stress yourself Murphy will sence this, so you have to look after yourself for him coming home, then we can all have a :wine: for his home coming party, please keep in touch, soft :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for Murphy and his mummy.
budda
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to General Topics