Flying

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Flying

Postby bestnan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:23 am

In another life.......

I did 3 para ascends attached to a rope, which was attached to a landrover (hubby was in the army). I did 2 at 500 feet and 1 at 1000 feet, attached to a parachute :lol:

That was in my mad bad years :mrgreen: as I was terrified of heights :yikes:

Where on earth did that life go :lol:

Sheila xx :wine:
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:35 pm

I flew to Cuba last march and was OK.

I took all my meds about an hour before I got on the plane and they lasted me really well. I also only needed to get up 3 times in the 10 hours. I got my Oramorph on the plane no issues at all. I had my Morphine, Gabapentin and Diclofenic in my hand luggage and nobody said a word.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby bestnan » Sat May 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi Guys

I'm back from Bermuda...although unwillingly. What a beautiful island.....the people are beautiful :D .....the scenery is beautiful :D .....the food is beautiful :D ......the costs are ....awful :yikes: :yikes:

The heat seemed to do me a world of good as I felt great. I got wheelchair assistance right through and it was great until we got to Bermuda and I had to walk down stairs :shock: :shock: Going back was worse as I had to climb the stairs :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: agony :nono: :nono: but they said there was no other way to get on the aircraft but I was informed that they had a lift. :roll: :roll: :roll:

On Saturday we went around the island on a boat and it was great until it started to rain just before we returned. I got soaked and spent Sunday in agony. :roll: :roll: :roll:

We returned on Thursday and I was shattered, and ended up going to bed at 6.30pm. John woke me at 8.00 am and I turned over and eventually tried to get up at 10.30 am. 16 hours :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I've never slept so long but I have been suffering ever since. I felt like I was in a straight jacket, totally stiff and I haven't got dressed yet. I will try tomorrow if I feel any better.

Hope you are all well

Sheila xx
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 28, 2011 4:44 pm

:welcome: back Sheila :wave: glad you had a great time.
Your body is prob catching up with the time zones, hope you are back in the swing of things tomorrow :hugs: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby bestnan » Sat May 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Many thanks.

I hope I manage to bounce back again soon. Luckily I am not back in work until Tuesday

Sheila xx
bestnan
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics