[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Need a hug and to scream!

Need a hug and to scream!

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Need a hug and to scream!

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:54 am

I have to do some online tests for a graduate HR job. They must be done this weekend (5 day time limit). Did the practise verbal reasoning test, got 100% was just about to click the button to start the real test (once clicked time limit begins, cannot be re set or re taken) and my :swear1: noisy neighbours in the building next to ours (part of it is connected to ours, part isn't) have began their noise again (we've had 2am party issues before). We know which flat it is but not which number (to buzz on their intercom).

The music is so loud (it flares me up when I hear it). The electric guitar and amp are right by our kitchen wall yet I can hear it very loudly (including the words) at my desk and also in the lounge. The bf went to tell them to be quiet but didn't know who to buzz for. We know it's a bunch of young lads who live there, they're generally quite obnoxious in behaviour (cigarette butts outside, lounging in our front garden area by our washing drinking and smoking and the loud music) so we're a bit scared to go over.

I don't know what to do, I want to cry. I'm scared to do my tests later in case the noise starts up again, it's almost as loud as I would have my own music if next to me. Except i'm hearing it through several walls so it must be mega loud in their flat.

I've got greasy hair, no make-up on so am going to do my make-up now whilst I drink my tea in case I get the guts to try and go over there. It's too noisy for normal times, let alone when I have exams to do times.

I want to scream. :needhug:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: Need a hug and to scream!

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:59 am

ps: Bf has buzzed now 3x - ignored.

He's also banged on the wall - ignored.

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:20 pm

speak to the council about a noise abatement order. i think :dunno: the police have the right to seize equipment. call their non emergency number and ask. i've had to move house before because of the same problem. maybe try to do your work early in the morning when they are still in bed.

:goodluck1: :hugs: adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:39 pm

They've finally shut up, managed to do one of the two assessments now. Normally they're noisy in the evening/late afternoon and it's only a subtle noise (TV will cover it) so we thought late morning was a good time :(

We were going to call the council about it last time but then they stopped their late night parties (they kept us up several times, initially just at weekends but a few work nights as well). If it happens again at that level we'll have to ring up, we tried complaining about them to the letting agency but as they only manage this flat there wasn't much they could do. We have the number for the block management so we'd try them first - see if they would have a word. Thing is they must realise how noisy it is, we've banged on the walls before and there's other flats above them and next to them in their building so I daresay someone in there has said something/banged the wall/floor in the past.

Grr, some people have no manners. Noisy neighbours are a :swear1: . xx :hugs:

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:36 pm

it might be a good idea to keep a diary of any noise just in case it gets more frequent again. neighbourhood wardens and PCSOs are there to offer advice on antisocial problems like this. anyhow, i'm glad you managed to do your assessments. good luck with the job hunt :fingerscrossed:

:blowkiss: adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Hope things quiten down for you Lydalb and :goodluck1: for your exams
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Cheers :) got them done in the end, they've been quiet since - think they've gone out. It's a nice day and we live a few mins away from one of SW London's Commons (we're lucky and live nestled between 4 of them) so hopefully they've gone there which is where most people seem to go on a Saturday.

Adele - I'm going to add today to my noise diary, haven't updated it since Feb as most of the noise has been bearable but today was awful. I got a headache and have felt ill since then (have had a bloated stomach for a few days, unfortunately a side effect of my meds seems to be IBS type symptoms which have played up since then). I'm a bit scared of starting the higher dose of ami's tomorrow but at the same time I can't stand the tingling in my body any longer, and when I've had the vibrating and shaking/twitching it scares me so if more ami's reduce that then it'll be ok. Unless my stomach does this again (honestly it was so painful I almost started crying, think was trapped wind, who'd have thought it could be THAT painful)

I've had an hour in bed, bf has cleaned the oven and we're going to pop to Tesco over the road so we can watch Dr Who and then have some Cottage Pie. A day with cottage pie is a good day :)

I'll let you know how I get on, if I get offered a job I'm just picturing the posts and the :wine: and the screams of joy lol. If I don't find a job by early July my bf and I will lose this flat (we have to give notice by then or take it out for another year which we can only do if I get a job as we got the flat v cheap last year and the landlord wants to increase the rent - to the level she'd expect this year without it being cheaper like last year) NB: we got it cheaper last year as it had been empty a while, she found tenants but one of them was a criminal so she agreed to keep it for us for 3 weeks until we move in and gave us a cheaper rate. So :fingerscrossed: I get a job soon!!!

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 pm

if you have any of your 10mg ammies left you can try increasing the dose slowly to see what suits you.

1/2 of a 25mg tablet = 12.5mg

1 and 1/2 10mg tablets = 15mg

1/2 a 10mg tablet and 1/2 a 25mg tablet = 17.5mg

2 x 10mg tablets = 20mg

1 x 10mg tablet and 1/2 a 25mg tablet = 22.5mg

i hope you get some relief soon :hugs:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:59 pm

I have a really bad stomach ache, think I must have a bug as I've got diarrhoea :( I've only ever had it twice as an adult, about 7-8 months ago and today. I didn't even know adults could get it as I've only ever had it as a child until I got fibro. No vomiting thankfully but I feel so rough stomach wise. And I've got an interview on Tues to do loads of prep for. I'm going to have a fray bentos pie now (wasn't feeling up to going to the supermarket for cottage pie ingredients) and then a warm bath (hoping it'll soothe the tummy) and then I'll try and prepare some competency questions.

At least I'm not foggy atm else I'd be up the creek without a paddle lol!

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:54 pm

If your bath does not help with your tummy try a hot water bottle. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:00 pm

I will, am just letting my stomach settle from dinner (just finished eating and it's complaining) and then will run my bath.

I've got loads of wheat bags I can try, at least when I get out the bath I have the perfect excuse to snuggle up in my pjs :)

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby chopper » Tue May 03, 2011 4:48 am

You poor thing, it must be miserable having to put up with such anti social behaviour. It makes me realise how lucky I am. I live in a quiet suburb of Derby on a housing ass complex with mainly elderly or disabled or those needing support. It is such a friendly place and always quiet, yet not far from centre of Derby.
I used to live on the edge of Clapham common then Elephant and castle and at the time I adored it, being so close to all the night life and pubs but cannot imagine living there now especially at my tender age of 53.
I hope things work out for you good luck :wine: :clap:
chopper
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue May 03, 2011 7:59 am

I used to live on Balham High Road a year ago, about 8 mins walk from Clapham Common, I lived opposite Waitrose. We wanted to live in Clapham as it was the only part of London we knew and as it's popular with young professionals, we're glad we found Balham though as it's still got young professionals but it's also got people with young families so it's more of a varied community :) (and great pubs) :wine:

I'm impressed you lived in Elephant and Castle, Zone 1 is extortionately expensive now. I looked at flats in Holborn and they were £450-650 a week! (1 bed!). If I lived in Zone 1 I'd go for Pimlico as my bf works in that area, we did think of moving there a year ago as we could afford a 1 bed there but we could get a much bigger 1 bed slightly cheaper in Balham, plus a garden.

Luckily the noisy ones next door quietened down and any music we've heard since has been at an acceptable volume/time.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby chopper » Tue May 03, 2011 11:51 am

SMall world I worked on Balham high road for the eeiba, a few doors down from Balham tube, and I lived on Clapham common westside, frequenting the Windmill pub far too often. As it was 30 years ago I have no idea how much I paid for my tiny bedsit, prob less than a bottle of spirits today. When I moved to Elephant I was working as welfare officer still but in COvent garden. I hope you have a good day.
Gentle hugs :cup1 coffee for me And ice pack for my poor foot
chopper
UKFM Member

Postby Schnoodle » Tue May 03, 2011 12:58 pm

oh lydab im so sorry its a nightmare. we are having trouble with our neighbours and its so stressful. i dread nice days and bedtimes.

i hope your interview goes well sweetie. let me know how you get on.

hope yoiu get your cottage pie soon too... yummmy!!! nom, nom, nom!! x
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Next

Return to General Topics