[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - why cant i????

why cant i????

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

why cant i????

Postby Annafaith » Tue May 03, 2011 6:42 pm

:wave:
i am so annoyed, :x i have my almost 15 year old son who has a understanding age of a 4 yr old i claim d.l.a for him but am not allowed a blue badge or a car i am going to my local council to ask for one which i have never really asked for, but now i feel i need one and should be allowed one with him and me with fm i was told no as i cant claim enough mobilty rate (because aj can walk) he knows no danger and has to have an adult with him all the time out in public its very hard now and i have to have someone ie my mum or sister with me to cope with him. :shock:
I dont condam what others get if people need things they should get them, but one person i no (my daughters dad) worked when i was with him and claimed benifits which he knew i didnt like, i know there nothing wrong with him but now has been given a brand new car (11 plate 7 seater) just for him it makes me so annoyed when i dont ask the govenment for much but still cant get what i think i deserve,
other person i know claims d.l.a for her partner because he has depression and dont get out of bed but then he sits on the computer all day playing poker and gambleing surely thats not right. :swear1: :swear1:

sorry for moaning but just needed to get that off my chest thanks all :hugs: :blowkiss:
Annafaith
UKFM Member

Re: why cant i????

Postby Schnoodle » Tue May 03, 2011 6:45 pm

hi annafaith - its definately worth applying for a ble badge.

i wish i could say something to make you feel better but ill just send you some gentle hugs xx
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby Annafaith » Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 pm

thanks hugs always needed :)
i feel bit better now for having that rant it does still annoy me though
Annafaith
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue May 03, 2011 9:01 pm

To be fair if you have depression you can do some stuff that doesn't scare you or overwhelm you, so going to work could be too much for someone with severe depression but they can still do some normal activities like read a book or watch TV. The gambling is probably a symptom of the depression. I've had several of my nearest and dearest suffer with depression and just like with fibro, on a good day you can do some things, but maybe not something which doesn't sound much harder, but it is, or on bad days they might be so bad and so frequent that they wouldn't be able to hold down a job. On a good day I can go for long walks, dance etc but on a really bad day I can barely get out of bed.

Have you posted on the Mumsnet Special Needs Children section? many ladies on there have Blue Badges for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders who can't perceive danger properly and are at risk of running off and need a wider space, nearer the door to be safe. They will probably be able to give you advice on claiming for a child - some got the BBs from getting HRM but others had to apply direct.

My father was turned down for 5 years until he got his Blue Badge in 2006. Just in time to use the disability parking spaces when I moved to Uni (our halls were rented out in the holidays so I had to take everything back with me, posters and all) which was a god-send as it saved him carrying stuff too far (OAP, has OA) and Mum also who has Fibro too.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Annafaith » Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm

:wave:
i do agree with everything said in the last post about how depression affects people but i just wanna gently say my aruement is my funding has been cut from £500 a year to £200 a year for my sons out of school care because the govenment cant afford it, yet pay some people benifits because some people cant be bothered to find a job and work.(i am definitly not getting at anyone on here i have most respect for people or use this site)
i know myself i am not able to work as are so many people but those who are able and cant be bothered annoy me when it means my son and other kids suffer when funding for them has to be cut.

I really hope no-one hates me on here for my opinion with this post the last thing i wanna do is offend anyone.
:hugs: :blowkiss: :hugs: :blowkiss:
like someone said to me today why bother about what others get, i dont normally but when it starts to affect my sons care then it bothers me.
So sorry if anyone disagrees with what i have said, i just needed the rant.
:needhug:
Annafaith
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Wed May 04, 2011 8:32 pm

hi anna
i think most people will agree with what you are saying
and nobody hates you :nono: :D

i hope you can get some more help, have you tried CAB
sorry i don't no anything about the benefit system :dunno:
:fingerscrossed: it will work its self out some how :hugs: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed May 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Anna no offence taken we can totally understand where you are coming from :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu May 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi Anna
Thats a lot to lose and of course we dont hate you. can you appeal it? :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Annafaith » Thu May 05, 2011 6:45 pm

thanks everyone :wave:
i was little worried people might not like what i put, :crazy: but i no you all on here are a great bunch of people and would understand what i was saying, started my councelling today just talked about my life from since when i was a kid i have amazing family or have always been great my problems started when i went to secondary school (bullied at school from day one to last) from then its been one thing after another i didnt relise how much has happened till talked through it today,
but im still here :roll: still strong :roll: tackling everything i face as im sure most people are.
decided to have :beer: tonight only a couple as kids are here.
done gym today really enjoyed it but now my legs feel tight and stiff.
love to everyone :blowkiss: :hugs:
Annafaith
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 05, 2011 10:41 pm

:goodluck1: with the counselling Anna, I had it and it really helped me so :fingerscrossed:

glad its started well you deserve a :beer: or 2 :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to General Topics