[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Any Ideas

Any Ideas

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Any Ideas

Postby annie1982 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi all :)

I am quite new to this forum but have been suffering with FMS since i was 24 so thats 5 years now so not new to all the problems it can bring.

I am posting up as i am looking for some ideas really. I am still struggling to get this illness under control, struggle with the normal...

Migraines/headaches
Insomnia
Back/neck Pain
All over pain
Morning stiffness (sometimes lasting into the afternoon)
Chronic fatigue
Anxiety

And i am also still on and off different medications so struggling with side effect symptoms too.

My problem is i really need to earn some money, i know it would not be poss for me to return to work full time but im like alot of you im sure, i cant afford not to work. Im not claiming any kind of benifit as my partner works and im not entitled and have been turned down for dla twice now so thats any help out the window. So i have no choice but to try get back to work.

So just wondered what everyone was doing for work? homebased or own business ideas i'm up for anything (well almost :lol: ). Needs to be flexiable as never know if gonna have a good or bad day till i wake up.

I have looked into Virtual Pa, online surveys, delivering light parcels and even tried avon. But theres not really money in them or just dont seem to exsist, please help xx
annie1982
UKFM Newbie

Re: Any Ideas

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 05, 2011 12:23 pm

As a start, if you've got a load of stuff you don't use, wear etc, what about sorting it out and selling it on eBay?? That might help bring in a little cash to start with :dunno: :dunno:

What about trying to see a disability work advisor to see what help could be available for you to get back into some sort of work :dunno: :dunno:

Not sure what else to suggest at the moment, I was retired due to ill health back in 2001 so no recent knowledge of these things. If I come across anything, I'll add it to the thread :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ldyalb » Thu May 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Similar situation to you. Bf works full time, I've not worked full time long enough to claim JSA (was fired for too much sick leave 7 months in to my first full time graduate role). Been out of work 4 months today :( - was apparently too sick to work but not sick enough for ESA or DLA.

I'm trying to get an entry level HR position, the roles I've been applying for are 9:30-5:30 (my old job was 8:30-6:30 plus 8:30-7:30 at least one day a week plus general overtime, usually worked 8-6:30). It's hard to know how well I'll cope until I'm back in work, I can't do a non office based job as I struggle to stand up for long periods.

I've found Remploy really helpful, they got me some extra work experience a few weeks ago to put on my CV and are great at advising you on your rights etc in the work place. You need to be referred to them by a Disability Employment Advisor at the Job Centre, I have to email mine today with proof of my disabilities and my CV and then I should hopefully get my referral (was able to self refer to them in Jan 2010 so they know about me and have been helping me pre-referral).
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby nicola27 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm 32, worked form the age of 15 and only took time out to have my first child (now13) when I fell pregnant with my second (now 3 and the trigger for the condition) I was working as a care worker pushing and lifting wheelchairs around etc. I had to leave early on in the pregnancy (about 4/5 months). I have been unable to return to work. My partner has a full time job. I applied for disability, was turned down. I have applied again, turned down.I have now tried to appeal and am waiting on docotrs visit on the 25th. We have only had one income for 4 1/2 yrs now. I was the same as you. I researched virtual PA, net mums, and all other avenues. Its very difficult to find something due to your ability now with Fm and something that will bring in a few pennies. We ended up setting up a business, bouncy castle hire. We never started as a big money maker but to earn a few extra pennies. I did the business side and my partner has to do the deliveries around his work. It keeps my brain functioning a little aswel. Do you have any skills that you could maybe write an e book on? something I looked into.
I really wish you the best of luck. Its so frustrating to have your independance taken away and not being to help provide for my family also fills me with guilt. I also felt very trapped, no matter how much I wanted to do something I was unable to.

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
nicola27
UKFM Member

Postby annie1982 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Thanks for the replys guys :D

Keep them comming....

I have sold almost everything i have on ebay now that i dont need so done that, even looked in to buying stuff to sell but lost with that.

Also already seen job centre advisor too who sent me to see a disabilitys advisor they said they did'nt know what to suggest and that i should look at the self employed direction as getting employed would be very hard. So thats fine but no help in what that is so that was no good.

Ldyalb: im sorry to hear your in same situation as it seems you too are stressing over what to do and thats the last thing we need but there seem to be alot of us that fall through these holes in the system really needs sorting!!
Good to hear your not giving up and are still trying to go out to work, i have the same problem with the standing up to long but also sitting to long so no win situation. Good luck with your Remploy appointment hopefully your get the help you need :fingerscrossed:

Anyone had any luck setting up there own business if so doing what?

Nicola: What a great idea bet thats fun at times, i have thought about something like that but dont have the funds for the outlay.
Yep seems we all go down the same route i also tried looking at mums net,also looked at blogs but im not great at the writing really. Is nice to hear from someone that feels the same i feel so useless at times and hate that i cant pull my weight the guilt is not good!
God luck with your appointment i hope it goes well keep us updated :goodluck2:
annie1982
UKFM Newbie

Postby nicola27 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:37 pm

we had barely any money. We only have one castle at the moment but we are going to expand soon. My partner has also set up a renovation business (in the last few months) along side his full time job. We started that with £200 and we seem to be doing well or at least going in the right direction. I hope you find osmething ideal. I searched the net for months with no look. I'm sure something good will come your way :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: .

I'm tired of all the negative feelings I have and am worried about putting that onto the rest of the family. This is a great forum and offers some comfort at times.

:hugs:
nicola27
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics