FIBRO & LUPUS

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

FIBRO & LUPUS

Postby richard » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:26 pm

[b] :!:
Hi. My name is Carol and I live in Warwickshire.

I have been ill for most of my life. I was diagnosed after years of wishing I knew what was wrong with me at 23 years old. I was told I had Lupus. I'd never heard of it and I felt so ill I thought I might die. The doctors were vague about it.

Then about 12 years ago I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

Symptoms etc were all getting worse. At one stage I wasn't going to sleep at all. I was working at the time but had to give up as fatigue won! I have been trying for years not to let it beat me. But it has changed my life considerabley.

I started off with sticks as I had been having a few falls . I now have a wheelchair and electric scooter so I can get out. I am not able to do any of the things I enjoy. I would love to chat to anyone to see how you cope and what help if any there is for Fibro.

I have just been referred to Pain Clinic and been told there is nothing they can due as Fibro is depression!!! If I wasn't depressed before I am now because I know its not depression. I get down because of how debilitating the illness is, and how much it takes over your life.

Look forward to any replies.
richard
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi Carol
Im in warwickshire as well My hubby uses an electric scooter and wheelchair for round shops etc, he has chronic pain syndrome and i have fibro an arthritis.Nice to meet u.
Ally x
Ally
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics