[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - now i'm panicing

now i'm panicing

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

now i'm panicing

Postby scottiedog » Sat May 28, 2011 4:44 am

Half joking half serious. I sent off a copy of my DLA award letter to the ticket agency that handles the disability bookings for sonisphere so it looks like I'll really be going. Friend/carer who is going with me even dragged me out to buy a tent. So now I'm wondering if i can handle it lol! Am i :crazy: ? Ok dumb question. Am i more crazy than usual?
Does anyone have any experience of going camping with fibro? I haven't been in a tent for over twenty years :?
The tent sleeps three and has space for both my wheelchairs but...
On the plus side there will be lots of :beer: and music. Question is what is the :swear1: fibro going to do to me after four days in a field living on nuts seeds dried fruit bannocks (sorry oatcakes) and the slightly more than occasional guiness?!!!
It should be good in so many ways. I'm really looking forward to a whole load of the bands and I've always wanted to see Bill Bailey but it's also scary! I don't think i've spent a night away from home in the last ten or fifteen years apart from being in hospital.
Any advice gratefully received
Mue who has rambled on more than enough for now
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Re: now i'm panicing

Postby Hjp75 » Sat May 28, 2011 5:25 am

I personally don't like camping but Thata because the 2 times we have been with our kids its rained rained rained windy windy windy more rain Ooo yer and a thunder storm not fun at all :(

Hubby want to go again, I would if we can defo have good weather lol

My sister and her family go all the time and they love it.

Think I'm a jinks lol

I hope you have a great time and take an air bed lol

♥εїз H εїз♥
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 28, 2011 10:58 am

You're definitely more :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: than usual Mue, but you have to do these things now and again as they're good for the soul :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've no experience of camping I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: Even in the days pre-FM I was too much of a scaredy princess to risk going under canvas :yikes: :yikes: And I think I'd struggle in one of those luxurious yurts or tipis that you go glamping in :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I was in a similar quandary last year, when OH bought me tickets to go to Silverstone to see the British Grand Prix. After the initial excitement, panic set in about how I was going to cope being there with 100,000+ people and feeling so cruddy :facepalm: :facepalm: In the end, I planned everything based on me being at my worst with pain, lack of sleep, panic etc. We didn't camp tho, as OH had booked us a Travel Lodge room. I was initially a bag of nerves, but once we got there, the atmosphere was like something I'd never experienced with all these like-minded petrol heads. It was busy, but there seemed to be an unwritten code about jostling and not getting too close to each other which made all the difference and we had the most amazing weekend there :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was in absolute agony each day, but with the buzz that was there, it seemed to make it that bit more bearable. When we got back home I did suffer for a good while with the after effects, but it was so worth it to experience 100,000+ people booing Alonso on the drivers parade :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think what I'm trying to say in the middle of all this rambling is maybe preparing for the worst possible scenario and packing accordingly might be the way to go. It's inevitable you'll have some discomfort and things, but if you're prepared it should hopefully be easier to deal with :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: If you're preaped for how things could be when you get back home as well, then that could help with things. Make the most of the medicinal :twodrinking1: and the buzz from the festival :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:
:xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:

And yes, I'm sat here watching Practice 3 from Monaco while trying to type this, Rosberg has crashed coming down to the slow corner and Liuzzi has gone into the barrier at Sante Devote :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat May 28, 2011 11:03 am

Hope you have a fantastic time Mue, deal with the aftermath when its over, got to be worth it and as H said take an airbed :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat May 28, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi
I say go for it and enjoy yourself, try not to worry about it to much before you go, its all booked so just relax and look forward to it.
Try to make the tent as comfy as you can. :twodrinking1: :beer:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Sat May 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Have a fantastic time ,hopefully with all the excitement it will take your mind off the fibro .Motherelle xx :goodluck2:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby scottiedog » Sat May 28, 2011 9:26 pm

:beer: :beer: :beer: Thanks to all! I think my brain was in worry overdrive lol.
I've decided that the worst that can happen is the pain will get really bad or i could hypo. If i hypo my mate will just have to help and the pain i'll just have to deal with. There's always :beer: for that.
I love the airbed idea but knowing my luck my mate would puncture it grin. She has dyspraxia and she's the kinda gal who walks into lampposts coz she forgot to stop reading! We found an old memory foam topper today so we're gonna try that. I checked the disabled camp forum for sonisphere and they seem like a great bunch.
Thanks so much for all the support!
Hugs Mue
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby scottiedog » Sat May 28, 2011 9:39 pm

scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 28, 2011 10:46 pm

I've tried the bikes side of things, as well as rallying, touring cars and things and there isn't quite the same buzz for me :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

It was something special, like nothing I've experienced before. I thought going once would sate the desperate desire, but if anything it's made things worse, I want to go to Spa with it's own special climate and Canada would be good near the Wall Of Champions :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have you requested your own special mosh pit for Sonisphere or will you be sat watching from the side with a blankie over your knees, ready to throw on the ground to cushion the fall from the stage diving 8) 8) 8)

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scottiedog » Sat May 28, 2011 11:42 pm

scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 29, 2011 9:54 am

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scottiedog » Sun May 29, 2011 2:40 pm

scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Ditto reading a reply from :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: person with a glass of :wine: :wine: :wine: As spraying :wine: :wine: :wine: as you laugh over your pretty PINK netbook does not make it work better :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun May 29, 2011 6:46 pm

You too really do need therapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: At least you make the rest of us look sane :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 29, 2011 6:48 pm

It's not us 2 that's :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: it's everyone else :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Next

Return to General Topics