[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Leeds - support group??

Leeds - support group??

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Leeds - support group??

Postby millymolly » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 am

Hi all,

I have just moved to Leeds and other than my wonderfully supportive partner I dont know a soul. I have managed to find a group in Wakefield.

I was wondering if there was anyone else in Leeds who is feeling a little isolated and would like to meet up for an informal coffee and natter. I realise its hard for everyone, and I have experience of running and setting up groups.
what im really looking for to begin with is a way to make some new friends and have an opportunity to get out and meet people.

or even to know if anyone from Leeds is lurking :D if yes then please say hello. Of there is a group already then wonderfull, i did look but didnt see anything.
http://but-you-dont-look-sick.blogspot.com/
millymolly
UKFM Newbie

Re: Leeds - support group??

Postby denys » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Sorry not in that area Millymolly but hope you find plenty of people who are :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby busy mummy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:38 am

Hi Millymolly

I am in Bradford and havent found anything nearer than Wakey either.

From here it would be much easier to travel to Leeds, so I would be v interested in joining if you decide to set something up.

In the meantime, if you are a Facebooker, friend me!!

Sarah Reynolds (profile pic is me and my lil girl)
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby diamondintherough » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:06 pm

Hello,

My name is Rachael and im 22.
I have recently been diagnosed with FM and also live in Leeds.
I dont always get to go out but maybe we could meet for a coffee or chat on skype/facebook.
diamondintherough
UKFM Member

Postby mmmmmmmmm » Mon May 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Hello,
I'm looking for people available, Leeds 9.30-2 this wed, 8th May suffering with Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue, ME, Chronic anxiety. It is for a EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) group session FREE with practitioner Jess Mor http://www.more-freedom.co.uk/. Will be highly experiential and beneficial.
She asks just for feedback in return for her time. There are three places left, so I wanted to know if yourself or anyone you can get in touch with fairly fast would like to come? If so you can email her directly jess@more-freedom.co.uk. It's best to talk to her about it not me!
It is in Kirkstall and is a one off.
I hope this finds you very well,
Emma
mmmmmmmmm
UKFM Newbie

Postby positivethinker » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:35 pm

Hi Leeds/Bradford people, I'm fairly newly diagnosed (though suffered for years!), originally from Leeds and now living in Bradford. I would love to hear from any of you who want to hook up for a coffee and a chat or even if you want to just chat on facebook etc. Please send me a private message, it would be nice to connect with people who live locally and have fm as (apart from reading these posts) I'm the only person I know in the whole world with it!
positivethinker
UKFM Member

Postby janhowl » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi everyone who is in Leeds. I live in Leeds and have had fibro for years. I would be more than happy to meet up with whoever is up to it. I think there is a meeting at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I will find out and let you know. I have never been as i think it starts early in the morning and i always find it difficult to get going!. If anyone wants to please get in touch. Take care and hope to hear from someone soon. Janette
janhowl
UKFM Newbie

Postby samanthajayne » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:53 pm

samanthajayne
UKFM Newbie

Postby Puggers » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:19 am

Hi I know that the last reply to this thread was quite a while ago but I thought it was worth a try just incase people are still on here looking to meet someone in the Leeds area, I'm a 31yr old female in Leeds & I've had Fibro for several years now & it can be very lonely & depressing when no-one understands what your going through & I don't know anyone that also has fibro. Don't get me wrong I have an amazing husband who is very supportive but no-one can really understand what it's like unless they ate going through it & I would love to make some new friends especially ones that can talk to me about how it feels & who understands etc.

Please get in touch if you'd like to chat & be friends, thanks for taking the time to read this. xx
Puggers
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Have you tried asking Mr Googly about groups in your area Puggers??? Sometimes, searching using phrases like "invisible illness" can throw up some additional info, plus it's not unusual to find that a Support Group has members with several different conditions, not just FM :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby HazelB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:37 pm

FMA UK also have a list of support groups on their site, not sure offhand if there is one in Leeds/Bradford areas xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Puggers » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi thanks you all for replying to me & sorry for not responding sooner but I haven't been on here for a while unfortunately but I hope your all doing well & I will look into the different options on google thanks for the advice.

Take care xxx
Puggers
UKFM Newbie

Return to Support Groups