[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Guildford Fibro & ME/CFS support group meet.

Guildford Fibro & ME/CFS support group meet.

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Guildford Fibro & ME/CFS support group meet.

Postby Deegill » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Tomorrow 16th Sept, Guildford fibro/ME/CFS support group are meeting at The Table Table Restaurant, Premier Inn, Parkway, Guildford, GU1 1UP at 11am.

The meeting usually lasts 2hours, some do leave earlier.

Come along for advice, a good natter and a laugh.

There will be a new member there tomorrow, so please don't be shy, you won't be alone x
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Re: Guildford Fibro & ME/CFS support group meet.

Postby Deegill » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:30 am

We are meeting the 2nd week in December for this month only - Friday 9th Dec.

Same place and time as alreadt listed. newbies are coming all the time, it's great!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby doglady » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Only just noticed this posting, can you tell me when the next meeting is please.
doglady
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sazzle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Is the February meet tomorrow? I did try emailing someone but got no reply so don't know if that person isn't involved anymore and so doesn't use that email address now. The info I found was it is the third Friday usually, which means it would be tomorrow I think.

I don't want to turn up and be wandering around looking for people who aren't there. How will I know when I have found the right group?
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 pm

We are meeting tomorrow (17thFeb) at The table table, premier inn, parkway, guildford. 11am

There is now parking charge of £1 which is refundable if you have a meal.

We have 5 new members tomorrow and hopefully the 4 new members from last month as well as regulars, so please feel free to come alone.

You do not need to go through this alone, come and talk to us, we know what you are going through and hopefully we'll have some laughs.

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Faberoons, hopefully will make it. Must set an alarm to get up. Slept for over 12 hours last night, only waking when OH came back for lunch. Was mentally strung out. A colleagues wife came last time so hopefully she will be there again.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 am

Great. Will be sat in the "red" area of the restuarant, towards the back of the place, or to make you confused, towards the front of the place if you come in through the premier inn door!!

Must come on here more often, see there is another person wanting to come back in Dec..

You are correct. Every 3rd Friday of the month, same place and time. Only time it changes is Dec.

Everyone is welcome. See you tomorrow Sazzle. You'll have to let me know the email address you messaged.

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:48 pm

If I had actually checked back here this morning wouldn't have had us newbs sat in the other bit for an hour nearly. Ah well at least us newbs got to know each other a bit first which made joining the rest a bit less scary.

Will see if can make it next month, if scary shifts of doom allow.
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:12 pm

I was totally gutted when you told me how long you'd been there. I said to Rita when everyone had gone, that it was probably best you had all met up beforehand, less daunting.

I came home and could of cried, was in so much pain, stood up for two long. Lesson learnt again!!!

Are you on facebook?

Am pleased we have another male in the group, however the other guy hardly comes as he goes to his own ME group in Guildford, think it's roughly same week, so too much.

Hopefully your shifts won't co-inside with the group. xx

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm

It was one of the staff who told us where you lot were.

Think may have overdone it this afternoon. Making cakes with my mate to cheer him up, really should have got the electric mixer out. I know when I have overdone it as get muscle twitches and it nearly sends laptop flying. At least I have tracked Danny down (no am NOT a stalker just happened to spot one of his posts that rang a bell) and found where he got his gloves from.
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:27 pm

He knows alot about me, i can't think how, or on here. will have to search him out on here, he said i've corrected his spellings?

I've got gloves like his, but creamy colour, helps keep the swelling down. also got heat retaining one ideal for arthritis etc, been donated a pair to the group, don't think can hire them out somehow!! you were easy to find on facebook, only person!!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby danny77 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:17 pm

danny77
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Yes those gloves Danny. I found out what they were from another thread. Been looking for something like that for a while now. As well as the Fibro and hand pain I am apparently now starting to get arthritis in my finger joints. Typical I guess as I have done a lot of computer work for a lot of my working life. I ordered a pair so just waiting for them to arrive now.
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby danny77 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:19 pm

i was wereing them friday!!
danny77
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Brill. That's one way to wash them - while doing the dishes!!

I got mine from Home health magazine i think, supposed to help with circulation too, however feel mine are too big, especially the fingers. Maybe i should put on a hot wash to shrink them!

Where did you get yours Danny? not seen your post about them.

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Support Groups