Fibro Friends in Broxtowe, Notts

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro Friends in Broxtowe, Notts

Postby legacy69 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi!

Having realised that there is little,or indeed NO support groups covering our area, I have decided to see if, with your help, we can start one.

The previous group was established at the City Hospital, but disbanded last year due to....wait for it.....ILL HEALTH!!! (irony is FM's middle name!)

I have been very frustrated at never being able to meet up with people who, like me, have FM.

If you live within the Broxtowe borough, and wish to help get our own support group underway, then please respond. :grouphug:

Many thanks x
legacy69
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro Friends in Broxtowe, Notts

Postby Woodentop » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi,
One of the reasons the Nottingham group folded was because the same few people were doing everything and with nobody from the membership coming forward to help it became an impossible task. Remember that the people who run groups usually have the condition. I run a group and need ( and thankfully get ) help, but others are not that lucky. It shouldn't be down to just one or two people.
So many people moan about there not being support groups in their area but don't want to start one themselves. I hope you manage to start one and remember that you can get loads of help from the FMA UK regional co ordinators ( http://www.fmauk.org).

:goodluck2:

Woodentop
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Return to Support Groups