[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Is There a North East Support Group for Fibromyalgia

Is There a North East Support Group for Fibromyalgia

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is There a North East Support Group for Fibromyalgia

Postby sdrury3472 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:59 pm

Hi I am new to this forum. I have just been told by my GP that I have Fibromyalgia. I also have T/M (Transverse Myelitis) I have been to a meeting of the TM group in Manchester and I am going to the Glasgow meeting on the 10th of Dec 2006 I would love to know if there is a Fibromyalgia Support Group in the North East of England around the Newcastle / North Tyneside areas or Near by if you can help by letting me know Please do so Thank you for reading this.
sdrury3472
UKFM Newbie

Postby Beth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:16 pm

Yes there is, i live in newcastle and was wondering the same thing teh other day. go to this website www.fibromyalgianortheast.com they are the groups for teh northeast.
Beth
UKFM Member

Re: Is There a North East Support Group for Fibromyalgia

Postby jan8787 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:54 pm

hi
i checked on the website and couldnt find anything about a group in the north east
i live near morpeth and was wondering if any groups near there or any one who would like to be a friend as iam looking for friends too.
thank you
jan
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:08 pm

sorry i thought you meant NE Scotland where i am - you meant NE England.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:31 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby les74 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:56 pm

hello all, my name is Les, (as probs worked out by user name lol) myself and another member are currently in the process of starting a support group in the Newcastle upon Tyne area.
If anyone is interested in joining us please reply to this thread.

Thank you :D

Les and Angie
les74
UKFM Newbie

Postby jay79 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 pm

hiya :D
i was just wndering have you started he group up and if so where abouts i newcastle?
take care
jayne
jay79
UKFM Member

Postby jan8787 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:24 pm

hi
iam looking for a north east group to go too as well as i feel quite down right now and would like to meet other people around my area.
i live about 8 miles from newcastle but could try and get to the group, i dont get out and about much and only usually drive around where i live as i get panic attacks.if it was in the evening i could ask my husband to take me.
so please let me know if the group is going to be set up
thank you
jan
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:59 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jan8787 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm

hi
oh i sent a mail to that lady and she wasnt much help i sent it ages ago i didnt know that was the same group.i cant get to gateshead or sunderland its miles away and i asked about the newcastle one and thats gateshead.
i would like to set up a group in northumberland so if anyone lives up here could they please get in touch. i live near morpeth.
thank you
jan
jan8787
UKFM Member

Postby Amalia » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Amalia
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi Amelia...

PM Les aswell because shes not an active member but may pick up her PM's :mrgreen:
*Lisa*

Postby Amalia » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Thank you, I will.

Amalia.
Amalia
UKFM Member

Postby kate-shipley » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:29 pm

hi i am from durham and the only one i have heard of is in seaham, bit far for me to travel, but if anyone from the north east feels up to meeting for a coffee and a natter somewhere central that would be great. take care kate xxx
kate-shipley
UKFM Newbie

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Contact details for the Newcastle group are available on the link below. :)

http://www.fibroaction.org/Pages/Newcas ... Group.aspx
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Support Groups