Anyone in the Thornley Durham area

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone in the Thornley Durham area

Postby katz65 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi :wave:
I would love it if someone/anyone lived close to me & we could meet up sometimes :!: :!:
katz65
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone in the Thornley Durham area

Postby Kwb9 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi katz65
I suffer with fms and have done for the past 10 years I saw your posting on this site and noticed thornley co Durham which is where I originally come from.
I have lived in South Wales for the past 22 years but never forget my routes and I still have a lot of family living in thornley
How are you getting on with fms
Kwb9
UKFM Newbie

Postby katz65 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi kwb9.
This is awful, I have only just seen your reply as I was looking for something else.
I only moved to Thornley in June 2008 but I sure love it here, we were living in Redditch before & after my mum died there was no reason to stay, so off we went, took temporary accommodation in Seaham from Oct 2007 & then we moved here.
I have been diagnosed since early 2012 but I was having a lot of problem way before then & always being told It was stress or I worry too much :!: :!: So I was so pleased when I finally got a name for what was wrong & it just keeps getting worse as time goes on :(
I am in the throws of a flare up at the moment & had to have doc out as my meds were not strong enough to help with the pain & I didn't want to go into hospital like I did before, just to have test done & they find nothing, the only use in going was by being given morphine... The doc that came gave me oramorph & Diazepam & said if I don't get better to go to hospital :-?
I thought I would post on here to see how others handle the severe pain from flare ups :idea:
Do you still visit your family :?: I wander if I have ever bumped into any of your family :!: :!:
I live in Ruskin Crescent, with my partner & son, I like how the people are so friendly :-D
I have had a lot of holidays in south Wales, Temby & Pembrokeshire & when I was a kid I stayed with relatives in Cowbridge until they moved to Penarth & I visited them there a few times as well, then one visit to my uncle & aunts in Mumbles Swansea, they have passed away now but their daughter still lives in Swansea...I have to say I do love Wales both South & North :lol:
If you ever come back for a visit we will have to meet to say hi :!:
In the mean time look after yourself :wave:
katz65
UKFM Member

Postby mrsk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:44 pm

I am in Durham too :-)
mrsk
UKFM Newbie

Postby katz65 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Hello mrsk
where about's in Durham do you live? is it far from Thornley? :-D
katz65
UKFM Member

Postby mrsk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:22 pm

I am in Witton Gilbert, so just on the other side of the city really.
mrsk
UKFM Newbie

Return to Support Groups