Any Support Groups in Merseyside Please?

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Any Support Groups in Merseyside Please?

Postby Tacky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi, I'm Terry, I live in Formby Merseyside, and I am looking for any Fibro friends or Support groups in my area. I have Lupus/Sjogrens Syndrome, Benign Intracranal Hypertension, and Fibromyalgia. I have recently relocated to the northwest, having been medically retired from my job, and am feeling really alone and "out of the loop". I would love to make new friends, especially with people who understand our symptoms, trials and tribulations. I am 50, a mum of 3 boys, aged 13, 28 and 33. Would love to hear from you!
Tacky
UKFM Newbie

Re: Any Support Groups in Merseyside Please?

Postby Whiplashsal » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:41 pm

Hello Terry!

i live on the Wirral and i know exactly what you mean about feeling very alone! i have Fibro and Im still struggling every day to get to work and i would be completely lost without my 6year old son to look after me! Im really down and my life revolves around work and pain and sleep! i have given up everything that i love as i can't do it anymore due to stress and pain and knackeredness. Nice to meet ya x x
Whiplashsal
UKFM Member

Re: Any Support Groups in Merseyside Please?

Postby mtmburtonwid » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:54 am

Hello Girls,
Our group is probably the only group near you.
Halton Fibromyalgia Group has a face book page (email me on emfibrogroup@outlook.com) for the link.
We have meetings 1st Tuesday of every month and we have support from councils around the area.
Hope to hear from you soon
Mary x
mtmburtonwid
UKFM Newbie

Return to Support Groups