[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New King's Lynn Fibromyalgia Support Group

New King's Lynn Fibromyalgia Support Group

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New King's Lynn Fibromyalgia Support Group

Postby SapphireBean » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi there,
I run an indoor market stall in Hanse House, South Quay, King's Lynn called Geckogifts (.co.uk) and one of the other stall holders has just opened a tearoom there too. Both of us have Fibromyalgia and a further lady stall holder has just been told by her doctor that he thinks she has it too. That's 3 of us out of the 12 available stalls that have a stall holder with Fibromyalgia (amongst other conditions)!
I have run it by the management today and they have given it the go ahead for us to hold a support group in the tea room part of the market after the market closes so it will be some time after 4pm (to be worked out shortly). We're thinking about the first Tuesday of every month and are hoping to be organised in time to start this December :fingerscrossed:
The market manager has informed me that if we need more room, she can extend our meeting place for us by moving the antiques that are for sale further along so we should be able to handle more people as we grow. If people could let me know of their interest, I should hopefully ensure we have enough room from the beginning.
There will definitely be no charge for anyone attending, unless they want any tea/coffee/cakes as the lady in the tea room can make and provide those if people fancy them :cup1: :coffee1: :cake:
Any suggestions are always welcome as we want to help people as much as possible.
Best wishes,
Alexandra.
SapphireBean
UKFM Newbie

SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Re: New King's Lynn Fibromyalgia Support Group

Postby denys » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:26 am

I wanted to wish the group good luck and I hope things go really well for you all, I have posted on the other topic and am now going to lock that one in the hope that people will only post on this one then nobody will miss a post about dates etc.

The original post will still be readable and I will put a link on it to this topic so everyone will be able to find it, well done getting set up so quickly :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nursing4 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 am

Hi I would be interested in coming to the group we so need something in this area :) also if I can help you in any way I would be happy to :) Victoria x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
nursing4
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Love the idea of the group being based in the tearoom :cake: :cup1: Wish I wasn't so far away from you (about 3 hours :facepalm: :facepalm: ) Hope it all goes well for you :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SapphireBean » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Thank you to all of you for your support :-D
That sounds like a good idea Denys. Thank you. I'll make sure I keep all announcements on this thread. :-)
It will be lovely to meet you Victoria and thank you for offering to help. I think I have everything covered for now but if you know of anyone else that could benefit from this Support Group, please do spread the word. The more people that can benefit from this, the better. :-)
Thank you for the good luck wishes FluppyPuffy. If you're ever over this way, feel free to pop into the market in Hanse House and say hi. :-) We're open 7 days a week in there, between 10 (ok, more like 11 for me) and 4pm. The same goes for everyone really. It's a rare day when we're not there (travelling to see family in Kent occasionally). I'm Alex(andra) on the Gecko Gifts stall and my partner is Richard. I'll probably be the person closest to my little mini heater behind our display, hopefully holding one of these! :cup1: X
SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Postby Lizzyear » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:19 am

Hi Alex,
WELL DONE getting something organised! :clap: :clap:
I would love to come to one of the meetings, I live about 20mins drive from Kings Lynn, so very interested :-D :-D
Got bad fibro fog today, so this might be a silly question, but here goes
How will we know when the meeting will be?
Thank you for organising all tis. It will be great to meet some fibro friends!
Lizzy
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby SapphireBean » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi Lizzy,

Thank you :-D
It will be lovely to see you here :-)
I know that Fibro fog well, unfortunately!
Having looked into this some more and discussed it with the traders here, I can confirm that the first Fibromyalgia (and associated conditions) Support Group Meeting will definitely take place on:-

Tuesday 3rd December 2013 at 4:30pm, until approximately 6:30pm.

We are located in the Tea Room, in the Hanse House Indoor Market, South Quay, King's Lynn, Norfolk.
If anyone is unsure about exactly where we are located, I'm sure I can upload some sort of map for you. We are on the ground floor (with wheelchair access too) so no need to worry about stairs :-D

Alex. X
SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Postby Lizzyear » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi Alex,
Thank you for reply. Is the parking good near by? :-?
I can only walk a couple of yards, otherwise I need a mobility scooter, which would mean my husband having to cone to get the scooter out of the car and put it together?
This lack of independence is a hard thing to get used too!! :(
Sorry about all the questions, but really want to come o the get to together.
Lizzy :-D
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby SapphireBean » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi Lizzy,
The parking is really good nearby but I'm unsure of the exact measurements for any walking.
What I'll do is check for you tomorrow, when I get to the market and find out the exact levels of walking involved from both of the building's entrances. :-)
I have a Blue Badge myself due to the mobility issues so I can appreciate how frustrating it can be.
Your husband is more than welcome to attend the Support Group with you if you like. Are you driving yourself there or does he do the driving? If you need someone to come out to your car and help with a scooter, one of our handy volunteers would be more than willing to help you :-)
Alex. X
SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Postby Lizzyear » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Alex, :wave:
That is so kind of you! :-D :-D
I can drive myself, but I can't put my scooter together! :pull-hair:
So that would be lovely if I could call on someone, if my husband can't come.
What would I do, give someone a ring?
I'm sorry to be such a nuisance, asking for all this info and help. :oops: :facepalm:
Your time and effort is much appreciated Alex.
Lizzy
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby SapphireBean » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi Lizzy,
You're very welcome. :-)
I wasn't able to do the walk from the front of the building earlier but my best guess is that there's about 15-20 metres from the front door to the tea room. I think the access for scooters is much better from the rear car park (quay side) though as the other way has a bit of a step down into the tea room itself, which could be problematic. There is a slope at the rear but it's a bit further walking wise so I would recommend the scooter from this side.
You can ring me when you are close by or have arrived and I can send help out :-)
You're not a nuisance at all. We'll be glad to help a fellow Fibro Warrior 8-) :-D
Alex. x
SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Postby SapphireBean » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:55 pm

One day to go! :woot: Yay!
SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Postby Lizzyear » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi,
I was so looking forward to coming to the group today, unfortunately I am in the middle of a flare and really do not feel up to coming todat :(
Would you be able to give me the date and time fir the meeting in the new year.
Sorry I left it so late letting you know..............I was hoping I would feel better :( .
Hope the meeting goes well. I will be thinking of you all.
Lizzy
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby SapphireBean » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Lizzy,
That's ok. There will be other opportunities to join us. :-) I hope you feel better soon.
The meeting for the new year will be on Tuesday 7th January, between 4:30pm and 6:30pm at the same place - Hanse House Indoor Market. We are just down a bit from the tea room now but tea and coffee will still be on offer at 50p and cakes are still available too :-)
Alex. x
SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Postby Lizzyear » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:08 am

Thanks for letting me know next meeting Alex. How did today's meeting go? :lol:
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Support Groups