[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Go into hospital tommorow

Go into hospital tommorow

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Go into hospital tommorow

Postby Daniel1985 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:41 pm

They are right when they say "Life is what you make it"
Daniel1985
UKFM Member

Postby pamh » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:47 pm

pamh
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:50 pm

mistyblu
UKFM Member

dan hospital

Postby princess » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:15 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:11 am

Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby groovy_chick » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Nuts on the road! nim nim nim
groovy_chick
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:18 am

dan you have no worries with the physio at the min, been there myself they know and understand this condition and will look after you.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Hi all

Postby Daniel1985 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:02 am

Hey guys and gals. At the Bath mineral hopsital now in their resource room. Its been a rollercoaster so far but have such positive things from my experiance.

Been here since tuesday morning and probably have just over a week to go.

The staff are all lovely and make me feel at home and iv met some lovely patients that i will keep in touch with after my stay is done.

I had so much positivity until yesterday where iv had a dilemma struck onto me. Iv been put in wat i can only say is an awful position.

The hydro therapy is brilliant and even tho the physiotherapy hurts i still got a feeling of hope from doing it. Mainly because the physiotherapist was so supportive.

Well anyway at my physio yesterday i had a disagreement with my physiotherapist and i hated arguing because she's lovely but i know my own body and i wont be told otherwise.

She is putting the pain in my legs down to weakness and the fact that iv stayed in bed so much...For one thing my legs arent weak...iv done alot of walking in my time and despite the pain i have continued to.

I spend the time in bed simply because after working the few hours a week or walking my legs are killing..staying in bed and resting relieves some of my pain..The more walking i do the more it hurts..That isnt because i am not used to walking.

When my pain in my legs started i was walking over an hour daily and working for 1-5hours daily. I wont be told that my legs are bad because i spend time in bed. I got so upset and broke down because she told me "if you wont listen to us then why are you here?"

I know too much time in bed will make ur muscles weaken but im always getting up and stretching and im goin for little walks otherwise i seize up.
I hate that she wont believe me...because now she is saying that i shouldnt lay in bed in the day...I should sit up..This is going to kill my back..The days are just too long wen im not doing some excercise to help myself i like to be resting...i actually feel the rest after excercise lessening my pain..but sitting in a chair instead of laying down is going to kill my back but if i dont do what she says then i'm not going to get the help.

I wanted to come here and do what they had to offer and to help me keep going rest when im not doing physio/hydro/stretches/walking. Its what my body wants me to do..I feel the benefit..So i am so down now because i know that whats expected of me is going to hurt...If they understood my problems and asked me to do this id be positive about it and wud feel its got to get worse before better...but this task has been given to me on the grounds that the pain in my legs is because i spend too much time in bed and they've become weak...So altho you had good a physio with good understanding (velvet) and im glad i feel like mine hasnt a clue about FM because i dont have to have a reason to have pain...its just there..It was there before id ever had a reason to spend anytime in bed more than i should and the times it feels best is when iv been active but then had enuff time in bed to benefit my legs afterwards.

Strengthening my legs might make my legs stronger but my legs dont hurt because lack of muscle so her efforts to help me are probably going to make me worse..The sad thing is she really is a lovely girl and she believes what she is saying...I dont know why i have FM i dont know why my legs hurt but i know what makes them hurt and i know what makes them feel better and i know that the burning pain i have in them is not because of frail weakened muscles and i wished she would believe me so we could tackle the real issues head on..I dont know what to do..I dont want to piss off the people that are trying to help me but i know my body.
Sorry for the rant but i am so down and confused at the moment and more than anything i am scared..I will come and check any replies ASAP. I would rly like to know wat u guys think. Thank You

Dan
Daniel1985
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Dan, do you get myofascial trigger points? IF you don't know, I would ask the physio if she knows myofascial trigger point release and if so can check out your back and legs. It's a possible reason why exercise can hurt and although rest helps in the short-term, in the long-term it can make it worse if you rest up too much - so you could both be right and there could be some way to help. :)
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Min » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:41 am

You have the right to refuse any treatment you do not wish to do, & to discharge yourself at any time. Don't let this silly woman make your health worse because of her lack of understanding.

It's a shame she's ruining an otherwise positive course of treatment, maybe you could talk to one of the nurses about it?
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:49 am

Can't help any more than Linz or Min but sending ((xx)) and hope it gets sorted. I think I'd probably do what she says and prove her wrong by being really ill with it :roll: but then I'm old and crotchetty :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby suep » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi Daniel,
Im sorry this one physio is spoiling your stay in hospital. Have you asked her if she has any training with Fibro ? I had a similar problem the first time I stayed in hospital for an intensive physio course, the main physio kept pushing me to exercise so much I spent much of the time in tears, and because I couldnt do everything he told me to do I ended up having to stay an extra week. Eventually I just did what I could and stopped complaining so he didnt notice me so much, ok it was giving in, but I didnt have the energy to fight.
The trouble is they believe that exercise is a cure all for Fibro and it's not. It might stop you seizing up but by the sounds of it you keep quite active anyway.
I wish I could solve your problem, the others have given you some good advice, it's up to you to decide what to do. Let us know how it goes.
Good luck
sue
suep
UKFM Member

Postby Daniel1985 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Hey guys thank you all for your support. Im home now. I was expected to stay 2weeks but only ended up staying one.

One thing i found on my stay is that the physio's rule that place. It was upto them how i was treated and when i was discharged.

I believe i would of stayed the full 2 weeks if it wasnt for me getting on the wrong side of my physio as i know it was her who told the drs it was the right time for me to go home.

She wasnt a bad person or even horrible to me, she just genuinly believed she was right and wudnt take my word for it when i knew she was mistaken.

Ive come home with loads of info on pacing myself and exercises to strengthen my body and a whole page on ones to strengthen my legs..
Despite that my legs are my most problematic area iv always walked, before i became ill i was running alot and iv never kept off my feet long enough to lose my leg fitness, even though this has caused me to be in more pain over time.

No-one mentioned myofascial trigger point release, i got diagnosed with some sort of trigger points tho i only got 9 out of 18 that i found painful when 11 or more is usually confirmation but she said men are usually harder to diagnose because they are less sensitive with the trigger points.

Since i got diagnosed my pain has spread and altho its worse in my legs and back/shouldiers/neck i have it all over on and off and have even had pains in my face :(

Im not overly impressed with my treatment there but thats mainly down to my physio and also i didnt get to speak to the dr who diagnosed me. She went away for some reason a day after i got there but she saw other patients before she left and she only spoke to another dr about me. My situation had changed since i saw her and i felt talking to her before she left would of made my stay better. I feel i was entitled to see her before she left if she was seeing other patients.

I must say all the nurses and drs and physio's were lovely..My physio was fine until we disagree'd i feel if i looked more like an adult she wudnt of argued with me so much. I know my own body and i know i spent a year on my feet all the time while my pain got worse. When i told her that it should of convinced her my leg pain wasnt from spending time in bed. She looked no older than me anyway. I wish i had a more experianced physio used to FM patients.

The food was fine too :) I was really looked after there and i met some lovely patients with similar troubles who i am staying in touch with.

Over all im sure it will of helped me in the long run but it could of been alot better for me personally though i dont doubt the hospitals excellance.

Thank you all for your support.
Daniel1985
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:53 am

Trigger points aren't a part of Fibro, except in that people with Fibro ofte get Myofascial Pain too. The diagnostic test for Fibro involves tender points - and doing it correctly needs the examiner to be able to know and tell the difference between tender points and trigger points.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Daniel1985 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:20 am

Daniel1985
UKFM Member

Return to Support Groups