[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My first fibro group meeting

My first fibro group meeting

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My first fibro group meeting

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:51 pm

I was a little apprehensive this morning whether to go to my first fibro meeting today, as im anxious about going on my own to see a group of strangers, ive only just passed my driving test, and this was the first that i went any distance to a strange place on my own, my stomach hurt, should of taken some stressless herbal tablets!

Anyhow i arrived in one piece and rang my OH to say i was ok.

I walked into the pub where it was held, a lady asked if i was there for the group, so she showed me the way, a lovely lady called Anne, she introduced me to some others, dont ask for their names, i only remember one or two!

There was a lovely young lady, she is 19 and at college, she is doing a reflexology course, but is finding the kneeding painful, so is thinking of doing a beauty course, bless her, she struggled in on her crutches, and is often in a wheelchair, now, i wish i had her courage and strength.

I didnt stay the duration of the meeting, we basically talked amongst ourselves about anything and everything. i was getting real tired and had to drive home.

I got a remedy mixed up for me, with mimulus, olive, pine, oak, centaury, walnut, agrimony flowers and a drop of brandy diluted with water, to take 4 times a day, supposed to help me say no to things, stand my ground, find hope and joy as i feel guilty with my OH doing the housework, , live the day, as i feel tired after anything i do, tired? id say exhausted! and face my fears, as im shy and anxious. Well, lets see what happens.

So, if any of you find a group near you, go, its nice to meet others in the same boat as you, thats one of the reason i did go, because even though i was anxious, i knew id be welcomed and i was, so pleased i went and i will certainly go monthly.

Hope you are all feeling ok today.

Denise x :grouphug:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Re: My first fibro group meeting

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:57 pm

well done dee :)
glad all went well for you :hugs:

loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Glad you went.
Bet you cant wait for the next one, it must be nice talking to people face to face.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby anne1206 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:32 pm

Well I went to my first support group meeting today :D It was thanks to Angela masson from this forum that I went, I am so glad I did.
It was lovely to meet someone from the forum face to face, and what a lovely person Angela is, she is trying so hard to overcome some of the everday problems we face,I am old enough to be her mammy (just), but she was braver than me and went to the meeting last month for the first time on her own, well done to her.

Anyway today was a little informal one with a buffet, cake and a soft drink for fibromyalgia awareness week :D they also had a bring and buy stall and tombola.
Everbody was so friendy and welcomeing, if anybody who wasnt looking for the fibro support had walked into that hall, then they could easily have thought it was just some folk having a wee social afternoon, because they were all just the same as me, some better, some worse, but none of us had labels to say we were suffering and we all looked "normal", which we all agreed was the one of the hardest things to get across to others.
Angela and I both won something from the tombola :D
And I will definately be going to all the future meetings I can.
In a lot of pain today, but mentally going to the meeting has lifted my spirits :D

So to anybody that has a support group in their area, try and go to a meeting, its good to meet others who understand,

Take care all, Anne :hugs:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:19 pm

well done, glad you had a good time. :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:59 am

Nice one, sounds like a good group :D
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Support Groups