Newly diagnosed could do with some advice?

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed could do with some advice?

Postby minirose » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone know of support group in south east Herts? Just diagnosed with chronic fibromyalgia. Also been made redundant in same week could do with some advice and chat :? Consultant suggested I may not be well enough to return to work this year, no suggestions to help condition!
minirose
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly diagnosed could do with some advice?

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi :welcome:

I am in North Herts and as far as im aware there is no support groups in Herts :(

I was thinking of setting one up but it takes so much time & effort and my energies are modding the 2 FM forums.

if your interested in setting one up yourself i can foward you onto someone who can help :mrgreen:

I would do a fresh topic on the benefits board to get more responses and there is a sticky thread with lots of info & links to help you
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Newly diagnosed could do with some advice?

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:56 am

The nearest one I know of is the Redbridge Primary Care Trust NHS Fibromyalgia / CFS Support Group which meets at Newbury Park, Ilford. How far south-eat are you in Herts?

http://www.fibroaction.org/Pages/South- ... gland.aspx
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Support Groups