hi everyone

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi everyone

Postby fifididi88 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm

I have not long joined the forum and have found it very helpfull.
I was just reading a post on support groups on FM. I was wondering if anyone knows of any groups in clackmannanshire! :) or is there anyone out there nearby to chat to? I often feel very misunderstood when it comes to FM. People just think I am ok and there is nothing really wrong with me! :roll: I am fine then all of a sudden I get pain. :cry:. would be nice to chat with someone who understands :wink:
fifididi88
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi everyone

Postby miajane » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi :wave:
I don't live in your area, I haven't found a help group near me but since I've found this forum I haven't felt so isolated. You can chat on here, we play games and be silly as well as offering advice, asking and answering questions. :D
When people ask me what fibromyalgia is I tell them it's chronic widespread pain and then give them a breakdown of the word - fibro means fibrous tissue such as ligaments and tendons, my means muscles and algia means pain. There's a lot more to it than that and for family and friends I was given a booklet at the hospital.
If you can't find any booklets you could print off the same info from the NHS website, this link should take you straight to the symptoms page.
link removed as it didn't work and wouldn't let you back on the site
Not everyone has the same symptoms but you will probably recognise some of them and can underline the ones that effect you. :hugs:
Take care
Mia xx
'Needles on your nerve ends crawl like spiders on the skin' - Enemy within by Rush
miajane
UKFM Member

Postby rosie66 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi :wave:
i only registered on here at the beginning of the month,and everyone's very helpful & friendly,i don't where you live i've never heard of it to be honest,but as miajane said you can hace a chat on here and play silly games like we do, :wave:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:53 pm

If you look at the top of this board (I've moved your topic into support groups) there are links to sites where you can find out if there is a support group in your area.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Support Groups