support group plymouth

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

support group plymouth

Postby ALZ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:25 pm

hi,does anybody know if there is a support group in or around the plymouth area?
i've tried google but every suggestion was a dead link!
i've also tried the link on here for the south west area but got nowhere with that either!
i've battled with fms for a long time (but only officialy diagnosed late last year) & feel very isolated & would love to join such a group to share experiences & maybe make friends with people in similar circumstance!

best wishes & good spirit to you all alz xx
ALZ
UKFM Newbie

Re: support group plymouth

Postby gillshutt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:29 pm

http://www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.o ... portgroups

Go on here then contact Jeanne your regional coordicator. She should be able to help with information.

Always be aware that people who run these things also suffer from FM so it may take a while for them to get back to you... it all depends on how they are.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Re: support group plymouth

Postby Paradise Sue » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi ALZ

I too am from Plymouth and also quite newly diagnosed, I have found the following link with information about a support group that meets on a monthly basis. I have not yet made any contact myself, but will be looking to do so once I have started to get my head in a less anxiety driven state!!! Also if in the first instance you would like to cyber space chat/rant with me, your are more than welcome.

I am at the moment off sick from a full time job but am due to decrease to 3 days a week in April and am desperate to get myself into a place where I can start to interact with the real world again!! When this had happened perhaps we could meet for a coffee or something?

My very heartfelt warm wishes to you :-)

Sue

http://www.plymouthguild.org.uk/disabil ... type/large
Paradise Sue
UKFM Newbie

Return to Support Groups