[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Poole Dorset

Poole Dorset

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Poole Dorset

Postby julieeb1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:50 am

Is there any support groups in Poole Dorset..thank you
julieeb1
UKFM Member

Re: Poole Dorset

Postby Annelien » Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 am

Hi,
I don't know if there is a support group, but I just wanted to say I live in Poole as well!
:wave:

Annelien
Annelien
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat May 15, 2010 8:06 am

There is a info list at the top of this post, it will tell you if there are any support groups in your area.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:09 pm

There's a group in Christchurch: you could contact them to see if there's one nearer you:
http://www.fibroaction.org/pages/Christ ... Group.aspx

Or contact the hospital - Dr Richards sees a lot of Fibro patients so there may well be a group locally.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby tweenyb » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm

HI

I am in poole too and going nuts, I have been thinking of starting a support group/coffee morning or something and placed an advert looking for others on the gumtree (bournemouth site)

Unfortunately our nearest group is in Christchurch.

Where abouts in Poole do you all live? Im in Canford Heath

HOpe this finds you all in good health (you know what i mean lol) xxx
tweenyb
UKFM Newbie

Postby sylviaesmith » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi my name is sylvia and I live in Canford Heath too.
Since being diagnosed with fm in early december 2010 I have missed all three meetings in Christchurch, but i am told it is a brilliant group.
I am hoping to get to the February group.

There is a member of that group who I have been put in touch with through my pt ( I have 2 powerplate sessions per week) She is looking to start a group in Canford Heath if there are enough people interested.

I appreciate your messages were posted some while ago but if you are not already sorted, just wanted you to know there is hope of a group nearer home.

We need to find a way of passing on our details to help the group to be formed- Any ideas ?

Sylvia
sylviaesmith
UKFM Member

Postby xyz1000 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi I live in Parkstone and would be interested in coming
to a support group in Candford Health. I have not attended
any groups yet but would like too. I have a number for the Hamworthy
group called and left a message but no one returned the call maybe i should try
again or try the Christchurch one xx
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Postby sylviaesmith » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi Yvonne, good to hear from you.

I have managed to get to the Christchurch group just once so far due to hospital appointments, and flares but must say the group is lovely and has a very relaxed feel and well worth going to if you can.

I do meet another fibro sufferer from Canford Heath occasionally for a coffee and a chat. There is a group that meets every other Tuesday evening at 7.30 - 9.30pm, its a fibro group that has had to amalgamate with a club for the disabled due to cost.
I have not been as it is too late for me and I'm generally not out that late.

It might worth giving the number below a call if you think it would suit you.

Dorset Poole and District Group FM GROUP Sally Speck

The next Christchurch meeting is Monday 21st March 2-4pm if you can make it, it would be good to meet you.

I know another fibro sufferer who would like to get a local afternoon group started if there was enough interest, so lets keep our fingers crossed - something more local would be good.

Hope this has been useful information for you Yvonne
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of phone number as no longer associated with group.
sylviaesmith
UKFM Member

Postby xyz1000 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:21 am

Great thank you for that infomation. I don't see any reason at the moment why I can't make the 21st March.
Thanks for letting me know it's a nice group that helps when you havn't been before. Hopefully
see you then.
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Postby carrieokay » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm in Parkstone too and would be really happy to join anything nearby. :grouphug:
Carrie

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.
Unless there are three other people.
carrieokay
UKFM Member

Postby julieeb1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Would just like to thank you for replys ...have not had Internet connection plus I could not remember the name of this forum...hope you all
Are well..Have had a bad week with fibro and legs been driving me nuts..Lovely to meet you all x hugs and love :-)
julieeb1
UKFM Member

Postby penfriend » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Dear Fibro sufferers, I live in the area too, with M.E. and Fibro, and am disabled, living near to Castlepoint Bournemouth. I know of the group at Christchurch, but never been well enough to go!

Seems there are a lot of us, sad to say.

Love Penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Hi All

I live in the area as well:))) I was going to start a Fibro group in my own place, but I go to the Christchurch meetings
that is the best one in Dorset thus far, but I would still do another one nearer Poole/Bournemouth if there were enough of
us. I am a bloke:) but nearly all the people at the Fibro meetings are women, so I always feel out numbered:))
Anyway lets see what can be done for another group.. :-D
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby sensualitykj » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:20 am

Hey, I attend the Poole Pain management unit, however due to funding cut backs they provide less support groups now. So 2 of the members who also attend the unit are in talks about setting up a new drop in support group for anyone with chronic pain. I'll try and remember to post again when the group is set up. For now I will continue to attend the Christchurch FM support group. Kirsty
Be in the present moment. The past is a memory, the future isn't here yet. So enjoy the NOW!
sensualitykj
UKFM Member

Postby Leannellie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi. Has a group been set up yet? I'm in Wimborne and would love to meet other people with this grotty thing!!
Comfort in sound it's all around, ease back the strain, come heal your pain.
Leannellie
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Support Groups