[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Poole Dorset

Poole Dorset

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Poole Dorset

Postby Storm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:28 am

I'm in Hampshire, Southampton specifically. Any plans for a group yet?
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby MrSunshine » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:16 pm

I'm in Parkstone, Poole and would be interested in any local group meets. I'm newly diagnosed and don't really have anyone with Fibro knowledge to chat to so it would be nice to meet up with local peeps. Plus it sounds like the men are seriously unrepresented!
MrSunshine
UKFM Newbie

Postby penfriend » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:32 pm

dear friends and sufferers, I see we have a few friends in the Poole area and someone in Wimborne too. I live near Castlepoint in Bournemouth. Still have not been able to get to a meeting at Christchurch. Would someone kindly give me details again, as it would be good to meet up with a few sufferers. Trouble is I generally have voice loss too, so no use, but just now, have had a little voice return.

Is there anyone prepared to meet me over at Castlepoint in Sainsbury's for a coffee and, I hope, a little chat? My husband has to take me, and I use a little disability scooter. If you want to contact, please use magnolia23@yahoo.co.uk Thanks. sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:18 pm

We always suggest that members do not use personal details such as email accounts on the forum, it would be wiser and safer to ask people to PM you and then give them your email. This is an open forum and things can be seen by millions of people please be safe :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby penfriend » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks Denys for the warning. I did wonder whether I should do that anyway. sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby SHAZ13 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi im new to all this, i live in creekmoor,wondering if there is anyone who could show me the ropes about all this fibro thing. would love to have a camomile tea (will bring own tea bag) as cant drink coffee, and a chat.
SHAZ13
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:12 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: Shaz and :welcome: to our little FibroFamily :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I'm not sure who is around in your area at the moment. If you want to find out more about FM, and what may help with making things a little more manageable for you, you can always ask about things on here. I know it's not the same as meeting up with someone in the flesh, but with the number of people on here, you'd probably get a variety of suggestions that could be of some help to you.

The forum is split into different boards for different areas/subjects, which can help when you're looking for something quite specific or want to make a post on a particular subject. There's also a Search function which goes all the way down to the deepest, darkest depths of the forum where all the older posts/topics are kept, as well as the DustBunnies, which can also throw up some interesting stuff to have a looky thru. Have a bit of a read and a looky as you find your way around the place.

And when you have a spare moment, if you'd like to tell us a little about yourself and your FibroQuest and how you found your way to us, you could pop over to "Where To Say Hello" where it would be nice to meet you and have a cyber :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tashaliannex » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Any facebook users? Please feel free to join this group. The plan is to expand the group to get lots of us fibro sufferers involved and start looking at meeting up once in a while and getting more involved. Lets support each other as best we can and show we're not alone when we have each other xx

https://www.facebook.com/groups/poolebournemouthfibromyalgia/
tashaliannex
UKFM Newbie

Postby SHAZ13 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:33 pm

hi 2 all having trouble withe my pc at the mo so hope this gets through. Iv been given Dosulepin 25 mg i a day in the evening (on day 13)which has made me feel disorientated & irritable with bad dreams,night sweats,worse than before i was diagnosed,phoned 111(they said to tough it out) seeing Gp on wed ,is this normal! also have got info(may be out of date) of groups meeting at Parkstone URC ,when is the next 1 as it says every other Tue! or any in Canford Heath! sorry to sound a moaning minny im sure you have all been though this
SHAZ13
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:53 pm

This linky takes you to the page on the main site. Clicky on the area where you live and it will bring up details of the groups that UKFM have been advised of. You could also ask Mr Googley about Support Groups in your area. As well as searching using FM, you could also try using CFS/ME, or phrases such as "invisible illness" as it isn't unusual to find that a group covers a number of illnesses/conditions.

Wrt Dosulepin, it would be better to ask about it on the board as you will then hopefully get some helpful replies all in an easier~to~find place rather than on here as any replies made tend become lost in amongst other posts and topics relating to the board subject.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SHAZ13 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:44 pm

many thanx will do
SHAZ13
UKFM Newbie

Postby Becs531 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:21 am

I'm in Parkstone, if a group is being or has been set up, I would like to be a part of it too please! :-)
Becs531
UKFM Member

Postby tashaliannex » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:54 pm

This is my Bournemouth and Poole fibro group :) We already have two events to meet up :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/poolebou ... romyalgia/

please feel free to join us xxx
tashaliannex
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Support Groups