A New Support Group in Eastleigh?

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A New Support Group in Eastleigh?

Postby Zanta Telsor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:56 pm

Is anyone interested in making up a new support group in Eastleigh. We don't have to be formal we could all meet up and
decide how its run in a near, central point where we can all meet up and chat. If anyone is interested please email me back
as sometimes its difficult travelling away from Eastleigh and it would be nice to meet other people and just chat.

Please get in touch, it will be lovely to hear from you :D
Zanta Telsor
UKFM Member

Re: A New Support Group in Eastleigh?

Postby denys » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:25 am

Hi Zanta have you checked out the front page under the link for support groups, there are phone numbers that are for general information and maybe could help you. Also produce a flier and drop them into doctors surgeries in your area and local hospitals in the rhuematology departments or physio depts perhaps

The other thing that might be useful would be to contact Linzworld as she has really good tips and is probably the able to offer the best advice, Good luck :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zanta Telsor » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks Denys,

I have had a look at them but I'm having a lot of trouble walking and getting out of breath so trying to use public transport (as I don't have a car) to get to some of these groups is difficult let alone expensive. I am feeling really isolated at the moment so just getting to know people in my area would be lovely. But you're right, getting some publicity and flyers out there would be a good idea, thanks.

Thanks again for your reply

Zanta :wave:
Zanta Telsor
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 am

Hi, Cant you make the southampton group?
I lived in Eastleigh up till two years ago, my daughter still lives there, she has fibro too.

I can talk to Karen who runs the southampton group, see if anyone comes from Eastleigh?

It is important to be able to talk to others, i've had this for yrs and only last year met some people with fibro, at a support group, now i have many friends. so nice to understand how each other feels.

Take care. xx

If not, i can help set up a group for you, just done it myself, and will be putting details on www.fibropals.co.uk soon.

Good place to meet and private is the doctors surgery near the aprk in town, new town surgery? i remember when my daughter was a baby, i'd go to the room upstairs for milk, hopefully they'll let you hav it for free. if i think of anywhere else, i'll get back to you. going back to bed now. take care x
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby Zanta Telsor » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Deegill

I have just emailed Karen from the Southampton Group a few days ago but she hasn't replied yet. Thanks for your message.
It would be great if you could talk to Karen. I feel a bit embarrassed asking for a lift when I don't know anyone.

Yes, I belong to the New Town surgery too. I see Dr Bradbury there and he's really good. And I've been upstairs for blood tests - that
would be a great place to meet.

I'll wait to hear from the Southampton group and if that doesn't work out then if its ok, perhaps I could ask for your help.
I feel very positive now, thanks Deegill, have a good sleep, :sleep:

Zanta Telsor, xx
Zanta Telsor
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:09 pm

HI.

Karen has been poorly, maybe that's why shes not replied. I'll see if i can get hold of her dad, he is the secretary of the group.

If you cant get transport, i'll more than happy to help you set a group up, once you've a venue, its plain sailing!

Didnt sleep at all, slept on and off all day today, heopfully tonight be more successful.

Do you sleep well?

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:35 pm

The more groups in different locations the better in many ways! Even if you can find a way to get to the Soton group, maybe start coffee meets locally to you to make it easier for other Fibromites in Eastleigh to meet someone for a chat?

If you do start a group of any kind, you can get it publicised on the FibroAction website group directory for free.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Zanta Telsor » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi there,

I am getting too much sleep at the mo. Yesterday I had to keep going back to bed. I felt so heavy and tired I couldn't do anything.
I then sleep again properly at night so i'm generally in a constact world of sleep at the moment. What a life!!!
I've spent most of today filling out Housing Benefit and Unemployment Support Allowance forms - what a nightmare. I
think anyone would be ill filling those babies in!!!! Now i'm really tired again and my tablets aren't working great.

Hi Linzworld, thanks for your email. Lets keep in touch and see what happens.

If the Southampton group doesn't work out perhaps we could all meet up and discuss where to go from here. By the sounds of it
you guys seem to know an awful lot more about setting up groups than I do.

Take care, :hugs: :D
Zanta Telsor
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:03 pm

PM'd you.

I went through a stage of sleeping all the time, day and night, then just night, not day, then day not night, im in the last stage now! so so annoying, wont be long beofre i'll be back to sleeping all the time, gotta take it easy, cause if i go back there, it'll mean im in a flare. havent got time for that at the moment!!!

I agree with Lindsay, doesnt hurt meeting up in Eastleigh, either for cuppa, meeting, both, im only down the road, so can help, i'll be back there next Sunday, i've pm'd you some possible venues.

one great site for free leaflets is www.arc.org.uk i took delivery of 20 fibro books, 10 back pain books, 5 carpal tunnel, amongst the others, im going back on there after this to order other books, its up to you the quanities you want, whats great its all free!

I LIKE FREE!!!! also, i can bring you some leaflets down on supplements and vitamins etc - i go to the Bran Tub in Petersfield, love that shop - along the shelves are loads of info, i came out with a carrier bag full last time!!!!

Exciting starting a group!!!! xx

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby Zanta Telsor » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for your 'pm' and note deegill. I'm new on here and it took me quite a while to work out where my 'pm' was but I got it in the end, thank you. I never know whether to mention actual names or not on here but I wont for now.

I would reply 'pm' to you but i'm not that good on the computer and it would probably take me half a day! You certainly have a lot of enthusiasm - that's really great. Perhaps the best thing to do is for all of us to meet up. I have a friend living in Eastleigh who is also
interested in coming along if thats ok. I know everyone doesn't like to put their private details on here but I don't mind giving my email
address if you want to get in touch and then we can all get a time, date etc to meet. Its lindabooth01@btinternet.com.

Im really under the weather at the moment and mere thinking is a real challenge so I must admit I am more interested in contributing
to a new group rather than running one.

I went out to post a couple of letters this morning and it's nearly killed me. My mobility is so limited its driving me crazy and I now have
hardly any energy left. I must admit, although its not really nice for you guys, it's lovely for me to have a moan - at least you guys know
what I'm going through.... Im staying positive though... :clap: :D
Zanta Telsor
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi. I just phoned my daughter to see if she be interesting in running the group, but is worried when she finds a job she wont be able to be to do so., although i did say i'd help her, once a venue has been found, i can give her info to give out, ordering sites for bits and pieces etc, and the group will run itself.

She's happy to meet up for cuppas, so maybe till the group gets bigger, you dont need a venue, meeting up sounds good, if my hubby is ok for me to leave him here on Sunday when i come to pick the girls up, we could meet up?

Meeting other like minded people is great, its so nice to be able to talk about how we feel, how we can moan etc and understand each other. I was only ranting to a friend via text earlier, cause,like me she was active beforehand, and i just cleaned the bath, my back gave way, hadnt got around the rest of the bathroom, i was in so much pain afterwards - hubby wasnt pleased, he had gone out, its like, while the cats are out, the mice come out to play! he said, he would of done it when he got in from the shops, but he had to make the bed, push the washing out, sort tea out etc, i wanted to be able to help.

Do you have family to help you?

Moan away, thats what we are here for, im sure we'll all pick each other up too!

I know how you feel bout thinking sometimes, its sensory overload, and when im doing things for the group, research etc, i sometimes have to go for a lie down! of course, not all groups are the saem, the Horndean group i go too, just sit and chat about anything in General, i wasnt getting out of it, what i had hoped, till Januaury, we shared, had a laugh, and i felt i finally got out of a group what i needed, junes meeting was funny too, under new leader now, so see what happens, my group, i reaseach anything up todate info, for fibro, ME and MS, and if someone joins that has Lupus, i'll do the same there, i also printed off why silver fillings arent good for us, what to do before surgery, during surgery and after, that sort of thing, i've just ordered 40 or mo different info leafelts from ARC, they've been sent, so they'll be here in time for the 13th. Its something i do and i enjoy, i've had two memebers from another group, praise me, cause all they do is sit and everyone moans, nothing useful etc, so made me feel good! But it is time comsuming, and does cause me sensory overload, especially just lately, when impoorly.

Sorry for spelling, darn page is jumping yet again!!! xx

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:51 am

Hi, please be careful about putting any form of personal information on here as this is an open forum and anyone could see your posts, much better to pm anything that is personal :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zanta Telsor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me how I send a pm? A private message and in a simple, child language that anyone (like me)
can understand.

thanks
Zanta Telsor
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Hi there are a couple of ways of doing it the easiest is to look on the post and there is a button labelled pm on the right hand side just click it and you will be taken to a message screen, type your message and press submit. If the person you are messaging is not on line the message will stay in your outbox until the next time they log on.

The second way is to go to your user control panel at the top of the page and select private message, compose message and select recipient then go on as above

Hope this helps, if you still have problems let me know and I'll try to talk you through it again :hugs: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zanta Telsor » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im still interested in starting a support group in Eastleigh even though Im still going through a bad patch at the moment
and just had two teeth pulled via sedation on Monday so not really feeling brilliant but I would still love to meet anyone
whose finding it isolating and would like to meet up. Instead of meeting to start things up it would be lovely just to meet
up for a drink and chat. :D :wave:

Hopefully , if only a few, it would be good to get together,

Best wishes,

Zanta Telsor :hugs: :grouphug:
Zanta Telsor
UKFM Member

Return to Support Groups