[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New Support Group in North Wales

New Support Group in North Wales

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby bijouxnails » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi all

I just joined a new support group in Kinmel Bay, North Wales, that my mum is helping to run. Tonight we had a speaker from a local pain clinic, and theres a few friendly faces and good atmosphere.

If anyone would like any more information, please let me know and I will pass on the chairmans info.

C x
bijouxnails
UKFM Newbie

Re: New Support Group in North Wales

Postby Korakes » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 pm

I live in Prestatyn and would like information on your club, I`d love to come along.
I was told I had Fibromyalgia last year after years and years of pain and not been believed by the doctors.
so it would be great to get together with people in common.
Korakes
UKFM Newbie

Postby bevpope » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi

Iam regional co-ordinator for Wales and am very interested in new groups in wales. Please let me know.

Many thanks

Bev Pope
bevpope
UKFM Member

Postby susanmarshall52 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi
I would like to come to a meeting in kinmel bay. I live in Rhyl and was diagnosed in march after years of suffering. I am 46 years old and don't know anyone who has fibromyalgia and would love to talk to some other people that understand. Could you please send details of your meetings and location.
Thanks
Sue
susanmarshall52
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Good luck with the group hope you go from strength to strength wish there was one nearer me, I live on the Wirral so Kimnel Bay is too far :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby susanmarshall52 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi All
I started a new support group in kinmel bay Denbighshire. It is held every 2nd Thursday of the month at the kinmel bay community house, Chester ave. It starts at 7pm. Everyone really friendly and I found out lots of things that the doctor could not answer.I will be going to the next one on 8th November 7pm I hope to see you there. It has been a big step to admit that I am ill and need to take day by day and ask my family and friends for help. This group was my next big step for me to take and I am so happy that I did.
Sue x
susanmarshall52
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Susan hope you continue to get a real benefit from the group it sounds great, I have removed your other post about the meetings in where to say hello as it was the same as this one and duplicate posts confuse us as well as really being against forum rules (posting about the same thing in different boards) :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Dru » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Hello, is this group still going? I actually live near Wrexham, but I do some work around Rhyl/Prestatyn way so I may be able to fit tht in with attending this group. The local one only meet in the day time which is no good for me, so it would be lovely to have a chat with other people about this if I can.
Dru
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum Dru :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

There haven't been any further posts about either group on here since these were made, and this linky http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/fm-suppor ... wales.html to the support group details held on the main UKFM site doesn't mention them. All I can really suggest is trying a bit of Googlying to see what it throws up. If you could find the contact details for the place where they are held, they might be able to tell you if the groups are still running.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sue32 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:06 pm

Anybody know of any support groups in Flintshire?? :-o
sue32
UKFM Newbie

Postby Welshsue » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi I'm new to the forum but am in Flintshire I'd welcome some local support , share info etc. best wishes Sue
Welshsue
UKFM Newbie

Postby degsy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:02 pm

I too am in Flintshire and would welcome a suport group in the area. Anyone know of any nearby?
degsy
UKFM Newbie

Postby Welshsue » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:08 am

Whereabouts in Flintshire are you folk based, I'm in Hawarden wondering if we could meet to share stories and maybe help eachother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welshsue
UKFM Newbie

Return to Support Groups