[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - north suffolk /south norfolk

north suffolk /south norfolk

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

north suffolk /south norfolk

Postby tonydin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:26 am

:wave: any groups in north or south suffolk or south norfolk that any one knows of , esp who have evening mettings as working all day :dunno:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Re: north suffolk /south norfolk

Postby theouchfairy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Does this bump it up the list

I'm in South Norfolk and would be interested in support group, would need to be fairly close by though as I can't travel very far at all at the moment :|
I can be stubborn, bad tempered and insecure, but if you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve to share in my laughter, generosity, happiness and confidence - when I find it all again of course
theouchfairy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:23 pm

It will bump it up, hopefully others in your area will read it as well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby theouchfairy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks FluppyPuffy

Is that a Springer spaniel in your picture?
I can be stubborn, bad tempered and insecure, but if you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve to share in my laughter, generosity, happiness and confidence - when I find it all again of course
theouchfairy
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:29 pm

hi ouch fiary im in the eye/ diss area i found a group in beccles and norwich but they meet during day which was no good to me, dont seem to be many fm sufferers in norfolk /suffolk from what i can see guess we are the luckey ones ???///// :swear1:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:50 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:10 pm

come on fluppy how can a dog not like going for a walk ,,,,, its like button not like going for a :f1-car:

:lol:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm deathly serious about it Tony. She's been with us since she was 8 weeks old and has never been keen on going for a walk, unless it involves going in the car. We used to have to wrestle her down the road, and recently she was growling at us when it was time to get ready and go, I ended up getting advice from a behaviourist for that one :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Things are better, the growling is a lot less, but as we put the lead on her she still sits and trembles and puts her paws up to try and stop you doing it :? :? Altho she's been attacked 4 times, it was way before them that she started. We did lots of taking to different plces, sitting on benches and watching things go by so she got used to sounds, smells, busyness etc. We tried keeping calm while getting ready, then tried being the absolute opposite, but nothing made a difference :? :?

Lots of people think we're having them on, esp with her being a springie, until they see her do it :lol: :lol: :lol: Ironically then, the last laugh is on them :clap: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby theouchfairy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi Tony I am a little north of you - I live near South Norfolk Council.
Yes having spent a couple of days having a look about I get the impression there isn't too many people with this condition around here
and even fewer that beleive it's real unfortunately, so I keep myself to myself and carry on letting them think I'm just reclusive and anti-social and don't want any friends, cause I sure don't need friends like them!

I have a Springer too FluppyPuffy called Dusty - Dust Buster, Buster boo boo/ Dobey - well she answers to pretty much anything actaully.

She loves her walks but altho I get a dirty look or two she holds no grudges and doesn't become distructive if we miss the odd day.... I couldn't go yesterday evening had a sudden fit of exhaustion so hubby took her instead, sounds like my exhaustion was right on time according to hubby who took her out while I napped as they'd sprayed manure on the fields and it had been raining :lol:
Dusty wasnt impressed she had to be hosed off on return... and she'd given hubby the run around on the fields....
Weathers been bad today and not sure why but I'm pretty sure its to blame for feeling like somone's kicked me all the way from my neck down my back..... had hot sweats at tea time but shivers most the day...
:crazy:
theouchfairy
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:21 pm

hi ouch no no one belives its real ???? even the wife just thinks i make to much of it . i used to do a lot of fishing but dont gomuch now so lost contact with a lot of friends , think they get fed up with me always ouching
its just part and parcel im afriad, i really wish it had more recognition sometimes

flupp dogs cant live with them, cant live without them , bruno the old collie and sam the goldie , would not hurt any one but make a lot of row , and now are winding up rosy the young nap collie when any one comes round and shes so nevous shes nipped 2 vistors :yikes: :yikes: so out side the gate is a tin of food and any one commeing in has to feed them all first and then we have to squirt rosy if she goes after any one??? worked with the horse and the dyson so am hopeing it will work with visitors ,, shes fine when out .only bad on her own ground , has not learnt yet the other two just bark not bite
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:23 pm

ps your right about the weather i noticed it a long time ago thought i was imagining it but no its true
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:40 pm

The other 2 will get her used to the rules Tony, doing the feeding by visitors is a good, positive approach to the potential nipping. Hopefully it won't take her long to realise that visitors=food treat which is always good :clap: :clap: A goldie was sensible plan b for us if we couldn't find the right springie :facepalm: :facepalm: There's one where we take DeeDee for hydro, she really is a beautiful girl and if we decide to go for another breed, they're up at the top of the list :dogrun1:

The weather thing is something that gets asked and mentioned a lot on here. Loads and loads of us are affected when the weather changes, feeling much stiffer and sore, and generally even more rubbish than usual :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: But the medical bods keep saying there can't be any sort of link to changes in the weather and just completely ignore it :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

Your Dusty sounds like a proper bogmonster, just like DeeDee ouchfairy :clap: :clap: :clap: DeeDee also has a lot of other things she gets called, from scraggy animal and grotbag to other not so repeatable ones when she's rolled in something :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: Her Royal Princess WaggyTail wouldn't stand a hosing down in the garden tho :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: When ever she's been bog snorkelling or other putrid activities, as soon as she gets in the house she's straight up the stairs, bouncing and barking at the bathroom door for her mandatory indulgently warm and bubbly bath :lol: :lol: :lol: I can assure you she's not at all spoilt, we are just extremely well trained :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby theouchfairy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:19 pm

You fed the Dyson to the horse Tony????

I don't get it so much from hubby now - just occasionally if I say I'm tired - he says yeah I'm tired too cause i've done all this, and been to work and got up for work at 4am - now I tell him and please excuse the *'s 'cool so we'll swap you feel like complete **** and sit here and struggle with the most infuriating simple ***** things and I'll go to work get up at 4am and work and do everything round the house YAY happy to swap with ya' and then remind him he can't be THAT tired if he can work and then go to play pool til gone midnight !!!! huhmmm
Argument :hit1: point wel and truly got across !!!

How many animals do you have Tony? we have Dusty - pedigree name Shannon. An Missy the cat - who I went off quite quickly when we moved house and she started Pooping in our brand new abode !!! I know we picked the carpet cause it hides many evils but that didn't mean I wanted evil poo on it !!!
She's now an outdoor cat - love her to bits, we got her when my 3rd lad Sean was just a baby and having jsut had kittens we rescued her and proved brill with the kids, my daughter is obssessed with her and I'm sure thanks to Chloe she gets extra helpings - lost her tail in a car accident but it doesn't hinder her - especially when escaping Dusty - I'm not sure Dusty would hurt her but she certainly charges after her like she's looking at lunch - bit like when she's off lead and she sees a pigeon - I swear she flies after them.

Did you say you work Tony?

Dusty isn't impressed with a hosing either but hubby won't let her in the house dirty!
She's great though even tho hubby has to walk her and my mum and step dad do sometimes when they're down for a visit she's still finely tuned to mummy mode, I walk into the room adn she wags even if I have to tell her off at times for not doing as she's told, she's a whatsit for not coming in when called at times!
theouchfairy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:27 pm

OH doesn't get much say about what state DeeDee is in when she comes into the house, she's usually well in front of him and dragging him to get back home :facepalm: :facepalm:

This is something that always confounds me, and you and tony have similar situations, with your partners not believing in FM :shock: :shock: :shock: I can't imagine what it's like trying to carry on with things like that :? :? :? There's enough stress and upset with FM, without having someone who won't even do the "there there there, things will be alright" bit that we all need at times :shock: :( :?

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:42 pm

I agree Flup, sometimes I just need to hear OH say 'just sit down and leave it, I'll do it' maybe we are the lucky ones :shock: :shock: :shock: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: for those who have to suffer without partners belief :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Support Groups