[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - any support group in kings lynn

any support group in kings lynn

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

any support group in kings lynn

Postby angelina101 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:20 pm

are there any support groups in or around kings lynn norfolk please.??
angelina101
UKFM Member

Re: any support group in kings lynn

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Linky to some info about Norfolk Support Groups

Doing a search in Google might throw up some other groups more local to you as well :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:46 pm

thanx fluppypuffy.ive already looked there but the norfolk one is in norwich which is a bit far for me to drive really.thanx anyway.ive asked for their monthly newsletter though.x
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:33 pm

That's a shame, my parents live in South Lincolnshire on the Lincs/Norfolk border (we're on the 505 route) so when I'm in Lincs as I am until tomorrow morning a Kings Lynn group would be great! Norwich would be a bit too far for me too when I'm here.

Have you thought about checking if there's any in Lincs or Cambs? say the Spalding/Holbeach area, or Wisbech? Even Ely if you could get the train from Lynn? depends on how mobile you are of course.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby angelina101 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:18 pm

thanks ldyalb.its still a bit far for me really an d im not confident enough to use public transport.never have been.its too stressful for me.i will just hope something local pops up..thank you.x
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Did a Google search under "Kings Lynn Fibromyalgia" and this came up

As I'm not on FB, I can't see any more info than what is on this page. Might be worth a further look to see if there have been any things set up :dunno: :dunno:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:15 pm

wow thanx fluppypuffy.thats brill.i never even thought of googling it.i have joined it and they let me know when they have a meeting etc. thanx so much. thigs so bad ive been to c.a.b today n she filled in dla forms for me.fingers crossed i get some this time.x
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: For the DLA, you've got the good people helping you with CAB :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angelina101 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:37 pm

yes i sure have.the same woman helped with my incapacity appeal in 2009.and i won in the end.and will do it again if i have to though it was bloomin horrible time.she made the form filling look easy! x
angelina101
UKFM Member

Postby UncleBubbles » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Uncle Bubbles. Holbeach, South Holland,Lincs. Diagnosed 2006 but started 1983 !
UncleBubbles
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lizzyear » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Hi,
Any update on a group of us meeting up?
Would love to chat to others with this condition, but don't eel up to organising it myself.
I live in terrington st John, between kings Lynn and Wisbech.
Look forwards hearing from anyone. Or you can message me.
Hope you have all had chance to enjoy the heat and the sunshine.
Lizzy
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby SapphireBean » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi there,

I have just moved up to King's Lynn from Sittingbourne in Kent and am planning to start a Fibromyalgia (and associated conditions) Support Group in King's Lynn town itself. As I am new to the area, I could do with some information about how many people would be interested in attending, once a month (need to make sure we make enough space!). Membership will be completely free and we will have a tea room on hand so just bring enough money to cover your tea/coffee/cakes purchases. No purchase necessary but I can totally recommend their delicious food and drinks!

Best wishes to all. X
SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Postby Lizzyear » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Saphirebean, :wave:
I would be very interested in a group in Kings Lynn.
I'll keep my eye out for any updates as would love o meet people with the same sort of symptoms and challenges we all face on a day to day basis.
Good Luck,
Lizzy :cup1:
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby SapphireBean » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi Lizzy :wave:
That's great. We look forward to hopefully meeting you soon.
I run an indoor market stall in Hanse House, South Quay, King's Lynn called Geckogifts (.co.uk) and one of the other stall holders has just opened a tearoom there too. Both of us have Fibromyalgia and a further lady stall holder has just been told by her doctor that he thinks she has it too. That's 3 of us out of the 12 available stalls that have a stall holder with Fibromyalgia (amongst other conditions)!
I have run it by the management today and they have given it the go ahead for us to hold a support group in the tea room part of the market after the market closes so it will be some time after 4pm (to be worked out shortly). We're thinking about the first Tuesday of every month and are hoping to be organised in time to start this December :fingerscrossed:
The market manager has informed me that if we need more room, she can extend our meeting place for us by moving the antiques that are for sale further along so we should be able to handle more people as we grow.
There will definitely be no charge for anyone attending, unless they want any tea/coffee/cakes as the lady in the tea room can make and provide those if people fancy them :cup1: :coffee1: :cake:
Any suggestions are always welcome as we want to help people as much as possible.
Best wishes,
Alexandra.
SapphireBean
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:22 am

Good luck with the group, we wouldnt normally allow a post to be repeated but as this one is for information regarding the group I think it will be OK :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D I hope you go from strength to strength and all find some comfort, support and good advice :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Support Groups