[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - contacts on Wirral

contacts on Wirral

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

contacts on Wirral

Postby diane1 » Tue May 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi Folks

I've never been to a support group before but having found myself being retired from work at 46 due to my Fibro I feel isolated. My husband bless him is wonderful and tries to understand but I know that the fibro has had a huge effect on his life as well. We joke sometimes that he is having phantom symptoms just like pregnant women and their partners, when he gets stiffness and pain.

I have been told that the only pain relief left to try is Morphine which I dont want to take, i'm saving that as the final final resort. I'm getting by on many different tablets, hot water bottles(they have to be boiling hot though) and vodka.

I was hoping that there might be a group somewhere on the Wirral that i could join to moan with other sufferers that understand, If there is another sufferer that wants to meet fora moan let me know through the site.

I'm having realy bad back pain right now and had to hit the tamazapine last night as well as the dihydrocodiene,mirtazapine and Vodka( I know its not a good mix) but if your a sufferer you'l understand.

I'm seeing a rheumatologist friday, I got my union to pay for a private report for my retirement deal. I think i'm hoping for answers which arent there ( how to get rid of the pain and get my life back) but hopefully it will help me get my retirement pay out and work accepts this is a real condition.

Rant over, hope to meet up with some of you soon. :clap:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Re: contacts on Wirral

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 10, 2011 7:43 pm

I've found this linky to one and this is a linky to other groups in the general area if they're of any use :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: contacts on Wirral

Postby denys » Tue May 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Diane, I'm from Bromborough Wirral, unfortuantely the link Flup has sent you gives support group info and an email address, I emailed the lady and got a reply asking me if I wanted North Wales or Arrowe Park, I asked for Arrowe Park and she said she would send out the information pack but I have never heard from her since and emails illicit nothing so as far as I know there isnt anything around me, there may be one in Chester I'm not sure :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you have better luck than me :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Support Groups