[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Support group St Helens Merseyside

Support group St Helens Merseyside

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Support group St Helens Merseyside

Postby bestnan » Sat May 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi

Does anyone know of a FM upport Group within the St Helens area of Merseyside. I know there are groups on Merseyside but most are in the Southport or Wirral areas which is a long way for me to travel.

Any help please :D

Sheila xx
bestnan
UKFM Member

Re: Support group St Helens Merseyside

Postby denys » Sat May 28, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Shiela, unfortuantley the ones on the Wirral dont seem to exsist either :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: hope you find something in your area :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ninja » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:26 pm

I live near St Helen's, if you find anything let me know, I'd love to meet someone with FM as I'm very Confused and scared about it all.
Life isn't about surviving the storm, it's learning how to dance in the rain
Ninja
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Ninja, I've tried Googling groups in your area and it just comes up with what has been mentioned on here :facepalm: :facepalm:

I know we're not face-to-face on here, but anything that is worrying you and making you confused, you can post it on here. There's a good chance that someone has had a similar experience and might have some advice that could help you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bbreckra » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:36 pm

:penguin: Hello there,

I'm also from the st helens area and was also looking for one.
Maybe if we can't find one we should make one ourselves, even if its just for coffee.

:catrun1:
bbreckra
UKFM Member

Postby Ninja » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Sounds like a good idea (: Message me if you want to set anything up

Ninja :mrgreen:
Life isn't about surviving the storm, it's learning how to dance in the rain
Ninja
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:14 pm

Nice idea rebecca :welldone: There have been some people saying they've tried the contact details for the support groups in your area, and there has been no answer :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bbreckra » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Yeah we'll have to meet up for coffee! :coffee2:
Where abouts do u live in wigan? And if you use facebook add me its Rebecca Dagnall-Moss.
Look forward to chatting!

:catrun1:
bbreckra
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:31 pm

If you're wanting to arrange a meet up, rather than posting your personal details on here, do it by pm. That way, no-one will be able to pick up on email address, phone numbers etc.

Hope you have an enjoyable time :coffee1: :cup1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bbreckra » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Okey dokey! Cheers for that! :D :D

:twodrinking1:
bbreckra
UKFM Member

Postby bestnan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:51 am

Hi

I too would like to meet up for a coffee and a chat with like minded people, who are suffering in isolation because no one can know how they feel other than someone in their situation.

I attend a pain clinic in St Helens along with seven other people, who have said that they would like some sort of support group, even meeting for coffee and talking about what has happened to them just recently. It's a great idea but how does it move forward?

Sheila xxxx :needhug: :needhug:
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 am

I found this linky about starting a support group a while ago, Sheila. It might be somewhere for you to start with setting one up :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bestnan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi

Just to let people know that we have set up The St Helens Fibromyalgia Group on FaceBook. It isn't exactly a support group in the formal sense of the word, but a group where everyone can talk to each other and arrange to meet for coffee or a meal. So far the group has six members and most met today for a meal and a chat. We are looking to do other things which fit in with peoples work commitments and physical abilities and aim to be there to support each other. People can request to join the group via FaceBook.

Take care

Sheila xxxxxx
bestnan
UKFM Member

Return to Support Groups