What are you like in bed?

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: What are you like in bed?

Postby Judy S » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 am

What a fun thread!

I'm hot in bed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've actually had to move out to the guest room because I'm so hot in bed and my husband is a cold soul whose hands and feet are often like ice. He likes a very warm room, whereas I sleep with the window open pretty much all year round, the radiator turned down low, a summer weight duvet and a thin, sleeveless, lightweight nightshirt. I like the sort which are like extra long tank tops - but not spaghetti straps, because those slip down my arms and then hurt my neck when I turn over. If I wake in the night, I often begin to burn up as soon as I'm awake and have to throw the covers off or even go to the loo where I can stand on the nice, cold, tile floor! Does that happen to anyone else? It's not that I'm hot so I wake, it's just that when I wake, I start to get hot. It's often the reason I get up before I'm ready to in the morning. I just have to get out of bed to cool off.

I have a mountain of pillows even though I only sleep on one (or at the most two thinner ones) at a time, because depending on how my neck and shoulders are, I need slightly firmer or slightly softer. I used to have a Mediflow water pillow which was great, but they do wear out and they're expensive. The last time I ordered one it came folded in half and was never good. I should have sent it back but I didn't. :oops:

I have a bottle of carbonated water on the floor, a glass of tap water on the bedside table, plus some small sweets to suck in case I wake with a dry throat or worse, a laryngeal spasm. Those are terrifying and I often always wonder if I'm going to die right there and then - anyone else get those? It's probably started by a post nasal drip or the acid reflux or something, but my vocal cords snap shut and I struggle to drag in air. :(

Oh, and I don't like the dark anymore. When I shut my eyes it's not totally dark anymore, it's all fizzes and sparkles etc, and that's bad enough, but I hate seeing it with my eyes open as well. Some of it's migrainous, I think, some may be side effects of the drugs I'm on, no idea what else it might be but the docs aren't interested neither is the optician.
Judy S
UKFM Member

Postby GillSimo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Very Stiff.....? But perhaps it's only us male's here! :oops:
GillSimo
UKFM Newbie

Postby pauline » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Judy the laryngeal spasms sound terryfying. I do suffer with nasal drip and snore terribly but have never had a spasm like yours :lol: before, and don't want one either. There is a lot of truth in the saying, "you look as though you have been dragged through a hedge backwards"
I look like that every morning. I have frightened the post man on many occassions when he has arrived with a parcel in the early hours of the morning, good job he hasn't got a heart condition. One postman took 3 steps back on my opening the door and literally through my parcel at me and left in a hurry.
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby fibrostar » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm

well, where do I start :?: I have a love hate relationship with my bed, I can't wait to get in it because I am soooo exhausted,& I can't wait to get out of it because I wake up in agony :crazy: , & what happens in between is something else :!:
I used to think I woke up in the same position as I went off to sleep in, & I thought my husband exaggerated about my erratic behaviour in my sleep, until I saw it for myself on video in hospital last year, they videoed me for 4 nights. Half an hour after dropping off my body jerks every 20 to 30 seconds until I wake up, & I sleep with my arms in the air, shout,scream and snore :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.
fibrostar
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Positive and Fun