[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - What has made you smile today?

What has made you smile today?

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Lyssie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:38 am

Haven't been on here in yonks, and I know how you all really struggle. But yee all never fail to put a warm hearted smile on my face :) :) xxx
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Re: What has made you smile today?

Postby ouchisme » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:14 pm

seeing my daughter climb into a laundrette van as we had been offered lift by the owner to do my weekly wash

shes been txting all her mates to brag about it too :lol:

we all know here she gets her :crazy: from
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:45 pm

My dog creeping up the stairs tonight very quietly, peeping around the corner of the landing and waiting. I went to the loo, pretending not to notice her. When I come back into my bedroom, there she is, curled up, looking rather snug (and smug) right on top of where the hot water bottle is.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Lyssie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 pm

My boyfriend :D
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Postby valiumval » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:11 pm

My amazing husband!! Not only did he buy me a rocking chair because I couldn't get comfortable on the sofa, today he buys me a Shiatsu massager to go on the chair :-D it's amazing and lovely and relaxing :)
valiumval
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:08 pm

My cat waiting in the window for us to come home from shopping. I was feeling rough as I pulled the car up to our home, but seeing our fluffy friend made us both smile!
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby Soapbubbles » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:35 pm

The sunshine this morning, and the clear blue sky was so lovely! Blubs starting to show in the pots on my patio.
Soapbubbles
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm

We were watching Jools Holland and Roland Gift was singing with the Rhythm and Blues Orchestra. Just as he started the chorus of Suspicious Minds, DaftDog starts squeaking her toy fuzzant that Santa Paws brought for her in time to the music :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't thing he knew that for one night only he was appearing with a fuzzy canine accompaniment :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby valiumval » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Finally booking a test drive and putting a deposit on my 'midlife crisis' car!! I've booked the crisis in for this year while I'm young enough to enjoy it and I can afford it :crazy:

:f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car:
valiumval
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 pm

What mid life crisis :f1-car: have put your deposit on??

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby valiumval » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Wait for it.........a 2013 American Mustang V8 GT :crazy: :-D :crazy: :-D
IM SO EXCITED!! I've worked so hard for it and at nearly 40 it'll be my first brand new car lol
valiumval
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm

I like a bit of petrolheadedness myself, and would enjoy it even more if I was still able/allowed to drive :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car: Will it come as a left hooker or are some being made for the UK/other countries that drive on the right side markets??

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby valiumval » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

It's a left hand drive but I'm used to that as our truck is too (the hubby's American) , I'm debating getting an automatic so that its easier if my arms are bad but I'm not sure if that will take some of the fun out of it lol I need to decide by Saturday to finalize the order, it takes 4-8 weeks shipping time, not sure I can wait that long :crazy: :-D lol
valiumval
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:19 pm

I would have thought an auto would still have that muscle car sound. Which is the more popular version in the States, auto or manual?? Maybe a bit of consulting Google could throw up something comparing the 2 that could help you choose.

Quite a number of FMers do find that an automatic is easier to drive compared to a manual, not as many arm and foot movements needed thanks to the lack of gear changing.

I'm only a little bit :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: My mid~life crisis :f1-car: would be a Morgan :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flash » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 am

As I opened my bedroom curtains this morning, my nieghbours cat was sitting on thier trampoline looking straight up at me and gazed through my window for a minute or two.

Later, I went out the front to bring in the bins from the pavement when the cat came around for a fuss. It's not usually friendly so I was surprised with the attention. After a while, she went and hid behind a flower pot and peeped around at me. I said "I can see ya!" and she hid again. This happened a couple of times, I was in stitches. I hope the nieghbours didn't see me. They'll think I've lost the plot, playing 'Peek-a-boo' with a cat! :cat1:
Flash
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun