[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Maisie The Diary of a pregnant dog and carer

Maisie The Diary of a pregnant dog and carer

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Maisie The Diary of a pregnant dog and carer

Postby maxtomads » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi Maisie, how are you? Any little moles yet? That's what mum said my babies looked like when they were first born - they did really, but I loved them so much. They were the most beautiful puppies ever - although I'm sure yours will come very close!! This is a piccy of one of my boys just before he went to live with his forever familyImage

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Well folks its come and is soon gone without even a twinge. I have been feeling very tired today and am off my food and my mum says that my belly looks like the babies /pups are moving down and that thats a good thing. I just take her word for it as its my first time and I trust her as shes had 3 although they were human babies.

Theres a nice bed made for me in the spare room so if I want some quiet time I can go nthere although I prefare being around people right now as its very scarey having these pups inside of you. :shock:

Ive still managed to bring my mums slipper to her when she comes in the problem is I keep forgetting were the other one is oops !!!! :roll:

I ve heard my mum telling friends about "nesting" when your ready to give birth but i dont know if that means her or me as ive noticed her hoarding lots of newspapers and towels :?: :crazy:

Well i'm ready for another nap now , why do they call it a "cat nap" when dogs do it too :?: :dogchasecat1:

I'll si8gn in again tomorrow.

Maisie , oh and thanks for all the support and stories its helping me take my mind off things .
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi Maisie, glad you're ok. Be sure to remind your mum to go out to the loo with you & take a torch (if it's dark) & a towel in case you have a pup outside. My first one was born on the front lawn because I thought I needed the loo. Ohhh, I'm so excited for you....
Gypsy xx

maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 am

That happened to my best friend pippa, she thought she needed a poo when she was pregnant!!! She was in her whelping box and didnt want to make a mess so she got out of the box and had what she thought was a poo on the rug cos she couldnt get outside as her human dad had left the room for a few moments, she was just about to jump back in her box when it squeeked and started wriggling!!! Pippa went flying to get this thing to look after it and when her human dad came back he was so shocked, Pippa wouldnt even let her human dad have a proper look at it, he had to ring my mom to come and pippa let her look it didnt seem fair!!! But they were even more shocked when that one fluffy puppy was the only thing that was in her large tumtum, she had eaten for 6 but only had one, it took her a long time for her bum not to look so big!!!!

I persuaded pippa to try and have a proper litter so 2 years later she did and she had 7 beautiful puppies and she sometimes let me look at them but she growled if i went too close or tried to give them a lick. Pippa let my human mom hold them which i was so jealous of it didnt seem fair cos i was her bestest canine friend not my human mom!!! I think it was dee dee that said his mom blew raspberries on the puppies tummies well my mom did that too which i thought was very odd cos i thought you eat them, she didnt even have red juice running down her chin like i did when i tried to blow them, yuk i dont even like them but i thought i would try cos it seemed a good thing to do!!!

:fingerscrossed: the little one's come very soon!!!
Doggy love and licks
Milly xxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:45 am

Hi, mates! My name is Lassie. I'm not on this plain anymore, but my mum has been following Maisies story every day with the memory of me close. I was stolen from mums garden when I was 9 years old, the same group stole another dog called Nemo. We kinda' got on, and by the time we were taken back to our homes and my mum and Nemos dad handed over reward money for 'finding' us, I was pregnant.

This was the first and last time for me, I'd had hormone problems and didn't come into season throughout my life. The vet said I had been spayed because I had a scar on my tummy. I think I came into season because mum had a baby.

The night I had my babies, I also felt like I wanted a poo, I asked to go out, my mum thought it was okay but she came too. It's a good job she did. My 'poo' started to squeak so mum put her hand under and caught it. We got back in with help and the first baby came out in mums hand. She cried but left me to get on with it.

Hours later I had a bit of a problem with pup number 5, the vet couldn't make it so mum went to a neighbour. He used to be a paramedic on SS Canberra in the Falklands and he helped me alot. He delivered pup 5 and went into another room to let me carry on. He said I was going to be a great mum and I was very brave to go through this at my age.

I had 6 lovely puppies and all survived. Everything came naturaly to me and I was a great mum. I used to get mum to help out every now and again, If she was asleep, I used to put my pups with her before going outside for a bit of peace and quiet.

That was many years ago now, my pups have all lived lives with other families and are now back with me in Doggie heaven. My mum loved me so much and remembered my pups while reading some of your stories and thought you might like to read mine.

Good luck Dear Maisie, I know you're going to do a grand job. Love from Lassie. XXX
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 am

Hello Lassie :blowkiss: :blowkiss: I think you are the first doglet in doglet heaven, or Rainbow Bridge as my huu~mon mum calls it, that we have heard from. Reading your story has made my mum's eyes :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: She was so upset that another huu~mon had stolen you from your family, she thinks that huu~mons that do horrible things to us doglets and other animals should have the same done to them for the rest of their lives :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

Reading about your fluffy puppies as helped cheer her up, altho she still has a bit of the leaky eye thing going on, but that is because you ended up having a happy ending to your story, and she hopes that you and and your babies spend all day and every day running free and enjoying the sunshine at the Bridge :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Maisie, me and my huu~mon mum are sending you as many extra special springie vibes as we can to you for everything going all nice and not too painfully when your fluffy puppies decide that it's time for the world and everyone to meet them :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: A bed in your very own bedroom sounds a very good place to go when you want a bit of peace and Maisie time. I think your huu~mon mum loves you very, very much :hugs: :blowkiss: :hugs:

It must be very confusing when you have puppies, thinking that you need to go out for a pooh, but then have a puppy appear instead :-? :shock: I'm not sure I'd be able to work out which of them I needed to do first :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I was me that said about blowing razzberries on puppy tumtums Milly, she loves little squidgy pinky puppy tumtums and when she did it to my tumtum it always tickled and made me wriggle and waggle about even more that usual. Now tho, as I'm a grown~up girlie, I like different things like belly rubs and treats and playing Fly Duckie Fly with my squeaky duckie :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

I'll keep checking to see if your babies have appeared yet Maisie. For now tho, there are lots of things I need to go and sniff and investigate and show my mum before the noisy car racing show comes on which makes her shout at the tv, esp when someone tries to Push The Button off the road they zoom round and round on :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car: :f1-car:

Luffs, waggz n sniffz

DeeDee ~ doo doos xxx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flash » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Ah, DeeDee doo doos.. How sweet! Our mums are sooo soft, aren't they. My mum got me from a woman who had a nasty boyfriend, they were going on holiday and didn't want to take me. Mum had me for 2 weeks and no one came for me. So mum payed 32 1/2p for a licence and kept me. I was 2 and 1/2 years old and had never been with anyone for more than a few months. I was with mum until I was 18 years old. She understands border collies and how intelligent we are so it was great living with her, we went through so much together.

Mum wrote a long story about my life, she found out about lots of nasty things that happened to me, and she looked up her vets diary and found that we had met when I was 18 months old and got run over by 2 cars. She was doing work experience at the vets I went to so saw me on the operating table and held my paw when I nearly died. She wrote about my operation in her diary not knowing that a year later, I would be hers.

She still loves me very much and has my photo along with another of the dog that followed, Max, he is with me too after looking after my mum for another 10 years. They met at a rescue centre. Now she is being looked after by a little dog who mum says has a bit of me and Max in her.

Oohh I can't wait to see a pic of those lovely little puppies of Maisies can you, My mum's feeling all gooey inside just thinking about them. We all wish them a safe entry into their new world and are keeping our paws crossed for the brave lady...and her human ofcourse. XXX
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:27 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Well folks my mum has had a severe dose of fibro fog . My dad was getting worried as I am 2 days overdue with no sign off the puppies coming.He decideed to check out the dates etc himself as my mum had done it all and he discovered that she has got the dates wrong by a week. I'm actually not due until thursday next week.

At least I have another few days of eating for more than one and getting pampered. I have noticed my tummy getting bigger and when I sit down I look like a little budha.

I love reading all your stories its like our own little doggie soap opera and there are so many helpful hints for when ive had the pups. Ive made sure that my mum has got lots of hand gel etc for any visitors and ill definately let her know if I dont like any prospective new parents, I think ill practice my growl . :scream-1:

Im finding it a bit hard jumping up now the pups are getting to heavy so I have to ask my mum to pick me up. We still have cuddles and shes shown everyone in the house how to pick me up so it doesnt hurt me or the pups so thats good. Maybe ill decide where to nest in the next few days theres so many places to choose from :!:

Well now you'l all be in suspense for another 5 days or so its like doggy eastenders :!: :!: :!:

Goodnight all just off to watch x faxtor or maybe have a nap.

Tune in tomorrow to days and counting.

:dogrun1:
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:38 am

Maise , tell you mum not to worry ..it could happen to any of us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you I don't know how I am going to survive another 5 days as everytime I log on , your thread is the first one I go on to, to see what has happened!

Babaloo will really love that story, as she learnt years ago that her human dad really is the cleverest person in the whole wide world , followed closly by uncle ISM. All the other humans and littlest humans aren't a patch on them as they are the lady variety and are well down the pack .

Get plenty of naps :sleep: and hope you are getting your favourite treats. Has you mum tried making a step for you to get up onto the sofa and other cosy places , so you don't have to ask any body to help you up. Might mean finding somewhere to have the puplets a bit easier as well.

Take care
doggie cuddles & back scratches

Babaloos Auntie ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am

Hi Maisie

Its Milly here!!! I hope you and your human mom are ok and are coping with this big day coming, i bet you will be pleased when the little one's are born!!! I had a tummy ache today and was just wondering if i am coming out in sympathy with you only i avnt got fluffy puppies in my tummy ive got butterflies in mine lol!!! Make the most of the rest you are getting now cos once they arrive you will be ever so busy. For the 1st 2 weeks all they do is sleep and eat which is nice appart from you having to keep waking up to feed them and make sure they go to the toilet ok, but then the real work starts once they open their eyes and start running around but i remember it being such good fun.

Anyway i hope all is well and i cant wait to see them. I am dreading my human mom seeing them cos i am sure she would love to have a new puppy in the house but i prefer to be on my own and get all my moms attention and my mom knows that. I have heard her say that she isnt well enough to have anymore dos 1 is enough, she says it wouldnt be fair to the animal, but secretly i am pleased that i have my mom all to myself. Maisie are you going to be keeping a fluffy puppy?

Big doggie hugs and licks
Milly xxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi everyone

Well ive heard my mummy and daddy talking and it seems that tomorrow is the first day I could have the pups with sunday being the latest. Ive lost track since my mum had fibro fog and got the dates mixed up.

My tummy seems to be getting bigger than I every thought it could, I wonder how many pups im going to have :?: Ive only got 8 teats so I hope it no more than that :shock:

My tummy moves all on its own now as the pups wriggle about its a realy strange feeling.I cant wait to meet them all.

Im not into walkies at the moent its to tireing but whenever my mum and dad go out in the car they take me so im getting a walkies on wheels.Its best when they put the window down though as I love to put my head out of the window and have the wind blow thrugh my fur. My mum has to hold me though in case I stick my head out to far .

I tried to jump on my mums bed last night when we went to bed but I coulodnt get high enough so my mum had to lift me up. I must be huge if I cant jump on the bed and thats the bed out for having the pups on I think id better check out the other beds my mum has set up around the house for me to use to have the pups in.

I might be late tomorrow putting my blog on as my mum has to go to a tribunal hearing so will be out all day. Shes had to arrange for an autie to puppy sit me just in case I have them tomorrow. My auntie used to have a dog and she had a litter of pups so she knows what to do.Ill try and hang on though as I know my mum wants to be there when I have them. My dad has even taken time off work so he can be there to.

Millie I know what you mean Im looking forward to the pups but I do like having my mums full attention. My dad says we arent keeping any pups as my mum couldnt cope and as he says its our friends who are having the pups so I ll see them alot anyway and mum says I can have a birthday party for them next year which will be fun. If you live close you could come as well with fluppy puffys dog to and all the others on here. It would be doggy bedlam but so much fun.

well off for another nap while I can.
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:12 pm

well D day has come and is nearly gone and no signs.

I had a lovely visit last night from a lovely little girl called freya who is going to be mum to one of my pups. She is really nice and played with me for ages and then gave me some choccy drops [chocolate] . I know that she is going to be a lovely mum to one of my pups so im really pleased.

My mum was out today at an appeal hearing for her pension and she was really worried shed miss the birth but ive held on . You can actually see my tummy move now with the pups it looks really funny. My mum has just been feeling my tummy and she felt a leg move across her hand.

If any of you have any more tips for me id be very grateful. Im starting to get nervous now as I dont know how many pups ill have to look after.

fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: it wont be long now.
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 pm

My puppies arrived on day 61, and my sister's did too. I'm so excited for you!!! I'm sending cyber-bones to you for while you're waiting x

maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm

This is getting so exciting and scary at the same time :shock: :shock: :shock: How do butterflies get in your tummy Milly?? I've tried catching them to eat them, but they flutter away from me too fast :shock: :shock:

I bet your huu~mon mum was all excited when she felt the little leggie move across her hand Maisie :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: The little girl that came and gave you thr doggy [chocolate] [chocolate] drops sounds nice. Now you think she'll be a good huu~mon for one of your fluffy puppies, you'll have to see which of the puppies decides she is the right huu~mon for them :dogrun1:

With you being made up from a lhasa apso and a poogle Maisie, and the puppy daddy being a poogle, what will your puppies be as they will have a bit of your lhasa apso in them as well as a few more bits of poogle??? I know the names of some sorts of doggies that are made up of different doggie types, like a sprocker and a springador and a springboard (I mostly know ones made up of springies and other doggies) but I can't work out what your babies will be :-? :-? :-?

I'm another girlie who likes to have all the luffs and cuggles wiv ma huu~mon mum,as well as wrestling with and trying to eat the bottom of my huu~on dad's trousers. I suppose a doggie sister, or a doggie brother at a push, would be nice for the few times I have to be on my own, but it would mean I'd have to share with them, which I don't think I'd want to do or really like to do. There are definitely more good bits about being the only dog that owns the huu~mons than bad ones :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I hope you don't have to wait too much longer to meet your babies Maisie :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: It sounds like your tumtum could pop open at any time :shock: :shock: :shock: I've got my mum checking every time she uses the pooter and every time she uses her phone so I don't miss anything :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Maise :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for the next few days .

As I am doggieless and only look after Babaloo when her mum & dad are away or her little humans are staying over can I be a virtual mum to one of your pups . Not for ever you understand only for the time they are with you before they go to their forever homes. I would love to see how they develop and grow . If too much trouble for you mum totally understand .

I tried explaining this thread to someone the other day and all I got where some very strange looks...as I say ..it takes all sort .....and we are definatly allsort!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Positive and Fun