[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - You know you' re a patient when ..........

You know you' re a patient when ..........

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

You know you' re a patient when ..........

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Found this on the DR Oz US site posted by "skinnybinny" and thought some of you might also like a peek.

So You know when your a patient when .........

you have enough pill & supplement bottles to fill a door length spice rack

~you have had at least 1 person tell you how you can be “cured”

~you have had at least 1 person imply it’s all in your head

~you feel like you are speaking a foreign, intergalactic language when you speak to other people about your life

~you can’t remember what a good night of sleep feels like

~you miss being able to eat anything you want, with no thought of how sick it will make you

~you are told you “look good” more often than a supermodel (even before the person looks at you!)

~you want to scream when they tell you how good you look

~you are winded after a 10 minute phone conversation

~having the TV on while someone is trying to talk to you makes you want to scream

~the thought of having sex makes you want to take a nap

~you are at the pharmacy so often, they react like a Cheers episode: “Tina!”

~a friend asks ”How are you?” & it feels like a trick question because you don’t know how to answer it

~you have swallowed every vitamin in the alphabet at some point

~you have an intense love / hate relationship with Facebook

~you know more about your illness than your Doctor does

~there are days simply taking a shower is a huge achievement

~you look in the mirror some days & scare yourself

~you have days you feel 3x your age

~you would have to be dying to venture to the ER (& even then dealing with ignorant Doctors might not be worth the risk)

~you cling to the photos of yourself before you got sick (or at least when you are in good spells)

~sunglasses aren't a fashion statement

Could put a tick to so many of these but must also add .........when bras turn into torture devices !

Anybody have any more ideas?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Re: You know you' re a patient when ..........

Postby maxtomads » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Bras are a definite!!

Another one for me... 'you can't wait to take off your day clothes & put on a baggy dressing gown because your skin's so sore'

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby Fizzyb » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi,
This did make me laugh to myself (even through the pain so, it must be bloody right and funny).
This would be a good print out and hand to people that visit or take to the docs (although I have fab docs and nurses I must add).

Yes, defo the Bra. It certainly can be torture and that's before you get the things on!

Thanks for sharing and making me half smile (just had surgery on my jaw joints plus the Fibro and RA). :-)

Take Care.xox
Fizzyb
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 pm

can't take the credit but like you it made me smile. particularly liked the one about the shower , have days when I have to decide will I have a shower or wash my hair as I can't do both! Then again there are days when even that is too much trouble.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby katz65 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi
Love it :!: :!:
I also agree about the bra, it feels like it's crushing me by the end of the day, the relief once off :crazy:
One other to add to it, trying to brush your hair & put it into a pony tail, makes my arms hurt :-x
Standing in one place for to long :!:

I would like to print this off if thats aloud :?:
katz65
UKFM Member

Postby Poseypig » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 pm

All of these are me! Must share it with my hubby who has a spinal tumour...sure he has the same problems.
I'd like to add...
When wearing shoes hurts...and I don't mean nice girls pointy heeled shoes, I'm talking flat, ugly and sensible:/
Wanting to paint your toenails but can't reach your feet for the pain xxx
Poseypig
UKFM Member

Postby Mollymilliemaddie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Just had an OMG! moment when I read about not being able to wait to take our clothes off because your skin hurts and about brushing your hair. I used to have waist length hair and had to have about 6 inches taken off because I couldn't cope with it anymore. Everytime I read more the greater my sense of relief. It isn't just me is it and I haven't been faking it for 40 years.
Mollymilliemaddie
UKFM Newbie

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 pm

thats to funny . really needed a laugh thank you. i like the

~you feel like you are speaking a foreign, intergalactic language when you speak to other people about your life. im lucky i can shower and wash my hair . in fact i can do most things but then i have a baby and have to. but for me id add

waking up in the night looking like a thunderbirds puppit as hand and legs dont work anymore due to the fact they seem to work on another time line to the rest of me.oh and
wishing i had a cattle prod just to let ppl no what it feels like when your skin hurts and u have asked them not to touch u but yer they do anyway.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Treece » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 pm

OK this made me smile and then I felt ... thought... if only it wasn't true.

The clothes and bar stuff... I think maybe we all nod to that one...

Sunglasses... i hadnt realised my sore eyes was linked to fibro.... so I learnt something today lol

I would add a comment that was said behind my back...

When you have someone say that either you would have died or got better by now if it was a real illness....

When you are accused of PMT when you have a bad day

Thank you for putting this on because it did make me laugh.... xxx T
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:40 pm

The 'died or got better' comment is terrible! What a narrow minded person they must be!
It's a great thread isn't it x

maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Seeing as this is tickling us so much I've moved it into here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Most of them have applied to me at some point along the way :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: And bras are definitely an instrument of torture :-x :-x :-x :-x The comment about died or got better is awful Treece, obviously came from someone who doesn't really want any friends or family close to them :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

" Your MIL is quicker at doing something than you are..........." is how things are for me at the moment :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Definatly the bra and sunglasses one for me!

Im just so glad im not heavily gifted or i'd be tripping up everywhere cause i just cant wear one (only if i NIP out) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Positive and Fun